I need to have access to the entire (atleast) US map data (My 808 I have the entire world maps saved !) offline and my phone says there is not enough space. REALLY ?? I have a 64GB card sitting half empty but I HAVE TO keep the map data on the already scarce 8GB ? Really ? Dang. I was just beginning to love my 820
    yeah, the extra memory card slot is only for music, vidoes and such...that is why the 920 was the only option for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,396 Global Posts
    Do you reckon it could be updated so things like map data CAN be stored on the SD card?

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I seriously hope so because right now the 820 is going back on ebay. No go if I cannot have my offline maps.

Quote Originally Posted by geeknc View Post
    I seriously hope so because right now the 820 is going back on ebay. No go if I cannot have my offline maps.
    You don't wanna buy memory card to store your music, videos and such? I would imagine maps, apps etc would fit into that 4GB(?) of free space.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Do you reckon it could be updated so things like map data CAN be stored on the SD card?
    It might get updated, but that's some deep OS related stuff as how it handles the memory. You rarely see updates concerning that kind of things.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    It might get updated, but that's some deep OS related stuff as how it handles the memory. You rarely see updates concerning that kind of things.
    Ah you see, well this is kinda making the Lumia 620/820 a much lesser option to me. Here's hoping it does update, as it makes the phone perfect to me. If the 8X had a removable battery I probably would have picked that up. 16GB most likely would cut it for me, as in the year I've had my TITAN I've only used 8GB.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 12-09-2012 at 11:39 PM.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I tried full reset of the phone and tried downloading entire US maps. Still no go. Phone has 5GB + memory but still wont download the 2.2GB of maps. It says insufficient space!! @#$@$@

done with this ! Up fr sale. Anyone wants to grab the 820 for cheap ? Asking 300 plus shipping
    Last edited by geeknc; 12-10-2012 at 05:31 AM.

I tried full reset of the phone and tried downloading entire US maps. Still no go. Phone has 5GB + memory but still wont download the 2.2GB of maps. It says insufficient space!! @#$@$@

done with this ! Up fr sale. Anyone wants to grab the 820 for cheap ? Asking 300 plus shipping
    What does "Other Show" under Storage ? Try Clearing Cache..

If you really asking 300+plus shipping I would buy it at that price, but, I still do not have enough saved up yet, With Bills and Xmas coming up. After the New Year is when I plan on buying.
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager

Sold :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,396 Global Posts
    I would have purchased but I want to get a UK one for insurance reasons, plus making sure it can be used on my network.

Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    What does "Other Show" under Storage ? Try Clearing Cache.. Tried that. It was showing only 1.1GB

If you really asking 300+plus shipping I would buy it at that price, but, I still do not have enough saved up yet, With Bills and Xmas coming up. After the New Year is when I plan on buying.

Sold :)
    Check your PM..
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager

corepc > Sold the phone already. Its gone. I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole anymore. Comeon. Give mem card but dont give ability to store apps and map data on it ?

Global Posts
    580 Global Posts
    Audible does the same thing: stores books on the internal memory. An Audible CSR told me they have no intention of fixing it. So I am sitting at 23meg internal memory and 23 gig on my SD card, lol.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...