Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What Platform were you using before getting an 820?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • WP7- Blazing the trail!

11 55.00%
  • iOS- I'm recovering from the faux-leather

4 20.00%
  • Android- Finally just wanted something that just works

4 20.00%
  • Feature phone- I've just left the stone-age, this is my first smartphone

1 5.00%
  • Other- RIP Palm/webOS :( ...RIM, "It's been a pleasure playing with you, Gentlemen!"

0 0%
  • Symbian/Maemo/Meego: NOKIA FTW!

0 0%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By metalchick719

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Greeting fellow Nokia/WP brethren,

I am a recent WP convert, leaving developing for Android and a slew of Droid devices in my wake. I conducted this poll on the 920 boards during launch weekend for the 920 and now am curious to see how this poll turns out with the 820 and WP8X. I am curious to hear everyone's adaptation stories and where you came from as far a mobile tech.

If you would please mark your response and post your stories, I would greatly appreciate it! I will do a post after a few days of this poll being open to highlight some interesting analyses from the polls!

Thanks!

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I came from a WP7 Lumia 900.

Global Posts
    1,668 Global Posts
    I came from a WP7 Lumia 900 as well.

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Board Express

I just upgraded my wife from an LG Quantum to the 820. She loved her Quantum and wanted another one, but they are $100 on ebay and the 820 is free on Walmart.com. Plus it takes better pictures, FF Camera, etc.

me & the wife both from android and loving it so far. Only a few apps i miss

Quote Originally Posted by cancerkilla23 View Post
    Greeting fellow Nokia/WP brethren,

I am a recent WP convert, leaving developing for Android and a slew of Droid devices in my wake. I conducted this poll on the 920 boards during launch weekend for the 920 and now am curious to see how this poll turns out with the 820 and WP8X. I am curious to hear everyone's adaptation stories and where you came from as far a mobile tech.

If you would please mark your response and post your stories, I would greatly appreciate it! I will do a post after a few days of this poll being open to highlight some interesting analyses from the polls!

Thanks!
    I have always had iphones until i bought a lumia 710 and now im only interested in windows phone and yesterday upraded to the Lumia 820 to the tune of 379.99 with a free wireless charging plate :)

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Im coming from Xperia Mini Pro... waiting for my L820 from preorder Clove

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    iP5. I like it. But I miss WP. Coming back.
    I'm getting the 810 tomorrow, but I figured this poll would include me in that respect since it's a variant of the 820. Coming from an iPhone 4 that I love but am looking to just use as an iPod touch because I've been wanting a Windows Phone for months. Can't wait to officially join the fold tomorrow! :D
    charlyee and Mystictrust like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    I'm taking an interesting approach. I'll be coming from a HTC TITAN WP7, but will still be keeping my iPT4 and HTC Flyer. I however used the phone I use as my basis of what phone I was coming from (I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 too), so that would be the HTC TITAN with Windows Phone.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I will be Coming from WP7 Samsung Focus Flash, have not got my 820 yet. But it will be very soon once again if that MSStore price holds.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester