View Poll Results: Should I buy a Lumia 820 now?
- 11. You may not vote on this poll
Yes! It still has good specs and better than your 900.
No! Waste of money! Just wait til' your contract is up. Geez.
Yes, but Lumia 920 will be old by then, wait for new hardware.
- 10-13-2012, 04:15 PM #1
Well since WP8 is coming out next month, and I really want to get a new phone that has WP8, I was thinking I should just get a Lumia 820, then when my contract is up in February, I can get a Lumia 920 on-contract.
I don't really want to be left behind in WP7 because their most likely won't be as many apps released for the platform than WP8 and I just want some WP8 goodness.
So this is my plan:
- Pre-order Lumia 820 on October 21 (hopefully it's not just for the 920 & 8X)
- Recieve in mail November 2nd (if can't pre-order, pick up in store November 4th.)
- Keep Lumia 820 til my contract comes up February 10th.
- Get Lumia 920
Does that seem like a good idea? Vote in poll and comment below. Thanks! :)
- 10-13-2012, 04:36 PM #2
Are ya rich??? Heck, I would wait until the7.8 update is official and see what comes with it, if your contract is up in Feb. As a matter of a fact, you should consider just sitting on the contract upgrade until the Spring/Summer season is in full swing. The perfect Nokia may be just around the corner.
The 900 is a great device and Nokia will support it.
Deep breathe.... step away from the 820....."Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."
- 10-13-2012, 04:51 PM #3
Most of the features of WP8 won't come to WP 7.8, only the new start screen. That's really my main reason on getting a new WP8 device.
I don't know if I could stand the wait til' Spring/Summer. I'll probably pass out in March, if I didn't have a new Nokia device.
I expect the 820 to be around $400 - 500 USD and the 920 to be around $600 - 700 USD. So probably about $450 for the 820 and $650 for the 920. I think I could make due on having an 820 and waiting for the Spring/Summer then! But I don't know about not having a Nokia device for 9 months or so! D:
10-13-2012, 09:14 PM #6
- 29 Posts
- 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM #8
*hangs head in shame*
Carriers love contracts- it provides them with guaranteed income that helps them show off stability and set profits to their investors. It is to their advantage to not let you get to the end of your contract. Why not intice you to jump back early and have you in AT&T's stable until Feb 2015? It is better then you finding a better option and leaving them in July. Heck, if you called and talked to them after the devices are out, they MAY let you re-up even earlier and waive any fee, depending on who you talk to and what kind of day they are having. However, they do have a set standard on the early upgrade to offset the initial losses of the discounted device, so February may be it.
If you are sure you are bailing on the 900 and will have cardiac failure if you do not get a WP8 (not sitting in judgment- I will be buying one out of pocket, too. Will be rolling on the floor in convulsions if I tried to make to November 2013 without a new WP8), I like two ideas for you:
-Buying the 820 and then waiting until July to decide if their is anything worth a contract upgrade.
-Jumping on the Flagship as soon as AT&T will let you without paying anymore. (Why give a carrier more money for the "privilege" of giving them a 2 year commitment?)
Yes, I know the 7.8 won't be a full upgrade. Just remember: WP8 is going to be around for a good, long while. Your money won't be if you are not careful. Just be sure you are getting exactly what you want."Life is hard. But it is harder when you are stupid."