Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
       #1  
    Anyone think that the swappable back plates will make it easy for dirt to get into the interior of the phone? I'm really considering the 820 if Verizon doesn't get the 920 but if it's going to get all cruddy inside, I may have to rule it out.
  2. #2  
    Not sure I understand. The majority of phones have removable backs and they are fine.
  3. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
       #3  
    Sounds like you understand just fine. I guess I'm just curious as to how tightly the covers seal to the rest of the device. I've had some phones get pretty dusty inside in a short period of time due to them not sealing up the gaps very well.
  4. #4  
    It's a Nokia. Build quality will be far and above anything else on the market.
  5. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    It's a Nokia. Build quality will be far and above anything else on the market.
    Thanks for the input. I've never owned a Nokia phone and only spent a couple minutes with the Lumia 900 to see if I'd mind the size of the 920. Being on Verizon, I haven't had access to any Nokia smartphones.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    It's a Nokia. Build quality will be far and above anything else on the market.
    Wow this couldn't be further from the truth. Look no further than the titan vs 900. Titans build quality is way beyond the 900s. That there is fact.

    That said, I don't foresee a problem. I guest one could clean it every other month or so to be safe.
  7. Reflexx's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,224 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Wow this couldn't be further from the truth. Look no further than the titan vs 900. Titans build quality is way beyond the 900s. That there is fact.



    That said, I don't foresee a problem. I guest one could clean it every other month or so to be safe.

    Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

    :lol:

    The Titan is NOT a good example of a well made phone.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Wow this couldn't be further from the truth. Look no further than the titan vs 900. Titans build quality is way beyond the 900s. That there is fact.

    That said, I don't foresee a problem. I guest one could clean it every other month or so to be safe.
    The Titan can be used as a hammer, can it? And what about call quality? Well-made is not an adjective I would use to describe any HTC product I've ever seen.
  9. ricardios's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    57 Posts
    #9  
    I currently have the Lumia 710 which also has removable covers. Is there dirt when I remove the cover? A little bit but it's nothing a little compressed air won't fix. Would rather have removable case it than not. I also love all the available colors and textures Nokia is making available.
    Thanked by:
  10. Scout_313's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardios View Post
    I currently have the Lumia 710 which also has removable covers. Is there dirt when I remove the cover? A little bit but it's nothing a little compressed air won't fix. Would rather have removable case it than not. I also love all the available colors and textures Nokia is making available.
    I was hoping that someone with a 710 would chime in with their opinion. Makes me feel better if I do end up going with the 820.
  11. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scout_313 View Post
    Anyone think that the swappable back plates will make it easy for dirt to get into the interior of the phone? I'm really considering the 820 if Verizon doesn't get the 920 but if it's going to get all cruddy inside, I may have to rule it out.
    Not if it's built properly, no.
  12. jamalalf's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #12  
    I have the lumia 820, and i got a white shell on it too. it is a pretty tight fit, even around the camera.
    no gaps, or creeking of sorts. feels pretty solid.
    the wireless charging is so convenient :p
  13. eastbayrae's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #13  
    The fit and finish is typical Nokia quality. This isn't an aftermarket OR afterthought type of product. It was engineered to the same exacting specs as the shell your phone came with. They are one and the same.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...
  14. jamalalf's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbayrae View Post
    The fit and finish is typical Nokia quality. This isn't an aftermarket OR afterthought type of product. It was engineered to the same exacting specs as the shell your phone came with. They are one and the same.
    Actually, the wireless charging shell and the shell that came with the phone are not really the same. The wireless charging shell adds a just a bit of thickness to the phone (which i like), and it also makes the camera pill-shaped area a tad hollowed than the surface of the cover. But that seemed planned, as the hollowness between the cover and camera area is gradual and smooth.
  15. eastbayrae's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #15  
    The quality and fit/finish are the same, not the physical dimensions of the shell. The thickness is virtually undetectable unless you look at the recess where the camera is.
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Posting Permissions