Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Narr View Post
    There alternatives to Gorilla Glass:
    Lumia 820 Q&A- Your Questions Answered : My Nokia Blog

The 820 has scratch resistant glass and rather nicely can accept 64GB SD cards rather than the earlier reported 32��
    Really appreciate your reply. Especially alternate to gorilla glass being there made my day. Lumia 820 might be in range to buy, I hope they launch it with decent price tag in Pakistan.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tipu2185 View Post
    Does anyone agrees with me that not have gorilla glass is a deal breaker ? I was thinking about buying this for my wife but I was imaganing that it might come out of the purse full of scratches. :O
    Does anyone know if its screen might have any other sort of protection ?
    I'm pretty sure it has some off brand of scratch resistant glass. It's not as if they made it with regular glass. It may not be as quite as good as Gorilla Glass, but I'm sure it will resist scratching sufficiently.

Well my mind is pretty much made up at this point. If the AT&T price off contract price stay's this low at 400 I am sold. Hopefully by Dec or Jan the price will be even lower has that is when I will be getting mine. For a few hundred more, I could get a 920 . but it is too big for me, just like the ativ. 8x pricing put it out of ball park for me off contract..

The 8s would not seem much like an upgrade from my flash (no nfc, no ffc, 4gb hd, 512 ram) compared to 820 (nfc,ffc,8gb,1gig).

Now if I only had enough to pre-order now, then, I would not have to wait.
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester
    The 810/822 have gorilla glass. But yeah, the 820 has something similar.

Global Posts
    1,053 Global Posts
    Since AT&T completely botched my pre-order for two L920s, and I had to completely cancel it , I've decided to take a fresh inventory of what I really need for what I do, and I think when I walk into the local corp. store on Friday, I may be walking out with two L820s (and, if they have them, wireless charging covers and plates).

I ordered one of each.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    Just got the 820, I intentionally chose it over the 920 after playing with both at the store. I am coming from a 900 and very happy with my choice.
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)
    QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has some off brand of scratch resistant glass. It's not as if they made it with regular glass. It may not be as quite as good as Gorilla Glass, but I'm sure it will resist scratching sufficiently.
    Yeah that is what I was reffering to. If not inclusion of gorilla glass drops the price tag and still there is some scratch resistanat material I think it is good.

I have been thinking about it because my wife has a ipod touch 4G and it got a big scratch on its screen from a pouch if diamentees on it which was also in purse. That scratch is invisible until you turn off the screen and tilt it to see that scratch but still since screen is everything with current devices I believe there should always be some scratch resistant material.
    If I could, I might consider getting the 820 over the 920. I like:
    - the expandable storage for some movies and I like to take a lot of pictures as well as videos so the extra storage is nice
    - exchangeable back cover for those times I feel like the phone needs a new look
    - and size. since I have the lumia 800 and like the ergonomics of it a lot, I think this size would be ideal

The camera and better resolution on the 920 are something I would probably take over the 820
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123