Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Very simple folks...T-Mobile has kicked us to the curb in favor of the Lumia 521 and the incoming Catwalk. So we need to still let our voices be heard. So let's round up as many 810 users as possible and tell T-Mobile that we need to get the updates like everyone else. Let's petition!

Sign the petition by putting in your city, when you bought your 810 and do a screenshot of your settings to show folks how large your "other folder" is. If you want to say whether you're still paying for your 810 or bought it at full price, throw that in there too. Let's get a long enough list that people can tweet on T-Mobile's website to get their attention.

To all the skeptics out there, all we want is the Check Storage update itself, or assurances from T-Mobile that we will get it, along with the other updates in the pipeline. This isn't the 920 or even the 8X we're talking about...it's the 810, a carrier variant and we feel T-Mobile it gonna stick it to us.

Me: NYC- 11/19/12, and sadly I'm still on the hook for mine. My "Other" is much less than it used to be because I clear history and keep minimal apps onboard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails other.png  
    Thanked by:
    NYC, purchased online and received phone 11/19/12. My "Other" isn't as bad as other 810 users has been and I just ordered a 920, but I thought I'd contribute to this.
    wp_ss_20130501_0001.png
    Thanked by:

Nothing in music/videos, nothing in pictures (all on SD card)....nothing but minimal apps, system files and one ginormous OTHER file....

wp_ss_20130501_0001.jpg
    Thanked by:

Recently reset my phone so other isn't very large yet.. but I reset it yesterday and its already almost one gig.

Clearfield, UT 12-30-12 - Still on the hook for mine 20 bucks a month "device fee" and also got shafted on the rebate.. Thanks T-Mobile for making me pay for a phone you no longer care about.
    wp_ss_20130502_0001.jpg
    Thanked by:

Reset my phone a week ago, saw other creeping back up again, and threw in the towel. Purchased an unlocked 720 and I am happy now. So sick of the poor support from T-Mobile.

Scottsdale, AZ -11/2x/2012. $140 remaining to pay on the device. Will be paid for and sold next week. Will add a screenshot when I get back on the 810, right before decommissioning from service.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    wp_ss_20130502_0001.png

Just received my 4th 810 2 weeks ago, the other has grown in the last week.
    Ordered 11/19, paid for next day shipping, received on the 26th.
    Cleveland, Ohio.
    I'm going to start a thread @xda, and also tweet this thread to T-Mobile...they can't keep ignoring us.
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sario27 View Post
    Recently reset my phone so other isn't very large yet.. but I reset it yesterday and its already almost one gig.

Clearfield, UT 12-30-12 - Still on the hook for mine 20 bucks a month "device fee" and also got shafted on the rebate.. Thanks T-Mobile for making me pay for a phone you no longer care about.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130502_0001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	33238
    Damn, though, you're better off than I am. 4.20GB of free space?? Wow!

Global Posts
    14,472 Global Posts
    california, purchased it online and recived my phone 2/03/2013 i know mine isnt bad either but its just keep aps to a minimum :/ but i want to help too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20130502_0001%5B1%5D.png  
    Thanked by:

Managed to get it from my 2nd 810. I bought it during Thanksgiving 2012 and already sold first one and now this is also on stake. Still I wouldn't like to let go this fight with TMO anytime loose ... lol

wp_ss_20130502_0019.jpg
    Last edited by ssapre; 05-03-2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Thanked by:

Reno, NV

My 810 was bought on 4/1/2013 (a strangely apt date given how things have unfolded)

storage.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Thanks again to all who have posted so far. For those who has the Other on "decent shape", fear not...if your Other starts to get out of hand, upload that screenshot here.

Keep the pressure on T-Mobile!
    Last edited by MSFTisMIA; 05-02-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Its sad tmobile has decided to EOL this device. I hope MS sees this type of thing happening and pulls a Apple and pushes out updates regardless of the carrier. Good Luck guys!
    Thanked by:

Salt Lake City, UT

Sitting fairly tight at ~4 GB - that's right, 4 useless gigs of crap. I think I will reset my phone this weekend. The most frightening part about it is that when I make calls to both Nokia and T-Mobile (good luck finding anybody at Microsoft to listen) they all respond as though they had never heard of this problem. When they do notice it is a problem then they will each state that it is the others responsibility to get the update out. The T-Mobile rep. went on to tell me that there were no plans to not support the 810 anymore. She then asked me if I knew about the Portico update!?! Wow! It does sound like we are on our own.

wp_ss_20130502_0001.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Portico update, really? Wow, these reps must really be in the dark or are just playing dumb.

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Portico update, really? Wow, these reps must really be in the dark or are just playing dumb.
    The problem I have with the new round of T-Mobile reps is that they're not as good as the old ones used to be...sharp and better informed. At least the one you got knew about the Portico update. T-Mobile has given up on the 810 completely, so we need to press them to make sure we get updates!
    Tacoma, WA. Paying it off since 12/30/12 for 22months
    wp_ss_20130503_0001.png
    Thanked by:

wp_ss_20130503_0002.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    This is really sad. I cannot even read my email on my 810. Nothing will start because i have no memory left. Close to 5gb of "other" storage is totally unacceptable for an 8gb phone. Its basically a paperweight because no apps will open. I've already stripped it down to only the bare minimum apps that I actually need.
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 620, and 520
    Past mobiles: E6, N8, N900, X7, C5-04, C3-00, N93, 5310xm, 6620, 3100, 6275i, 6310i, 6190 and a few ericcsons, motorolas, and even tried some androids and iphones

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AccentAE86 View Post
    This is really sad. I cannot even read my email on my 810. Nothing will start because i have no memory left. Close to 5gb of "other" storage is totally unacceptable for an 8gb phone. Its basically a paperweight because no apps will open. I've already stripped it down to only the bare minimum apps that I actually need.
    So show yyour displeasure by uploading that screenshot of the large "Other" and getting the word out about the petition!
    Thanked by:
    PLGomez likes this.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSFTisMIA View Post
    So show yyour displeasure by uploading that screenshot of the large "Other" and getting the word out about the petition!
    here it is...
    810storage.jpg
    --------------
    Lloyd
    Lumia 1520, 1020, 920, 820, 810, 620, and 520
    Past mobiles: E6, N8, N900, X7, C5-04, C3-00, N93, 5310xm, 6620, 3100, 6275i, 6310i, 6190 and a few ericcsons, motorolas, and even tried some androids and iphones
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Keep them coming guys! Perhaps we can touch base with Daniel to see if their sources can find out if 810 users will get the GRD2 update. Maybe MSFT is keeping quiet until BUILD 2013, but folks should bookmark this thread and hammer T-Mobile if they don't come out with support for the 810!

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Yesterday I was up to 4.5GB of "Other" and unable to receive e-mails due to the lack of space available on the phone.
    I bit the bullet and did a hard reset.
    While WP8 got the "Other" issue extremely wrong, they got the hard reset working just fine! I was re-booted and restored from their automatic backup in a few mins, it also re-installed all my apps.

Though it did not turn my alarms back on, so I over-slept this morning.

The issue is a huge bummer, but I don't see it getting any better. Don't be afraid of the "Settings > About > reset your phone"
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    3,609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timothyday View Post
    Yesterday I was up to 4.5GB of "Other" and unable to receive e-mails due to the lack of space available on the phone.
    I bit the bullet and did a hard reset.
    While WP8 got the "Other" issue extremely wrong, they got the hard reset working just fine! I was re-booted and restored from their automatic backup in a few mins, it also re-installed all my apps.

Though it did not turn my alarms back on, so I over-slept this morning.

The issue is a huge bummer, but I don't see it getting any better. Don't be afraid of the "Settings > About > reset your phone"
    We could have used your signature on the petition. Don't forget to snap a picture when your "Other" gets out of control before you reset it.

We shouldn't have to reset the phone to use it. Makes no sense.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MSFTisMIA View Post
    We could have used your signature on the petition. Don't forget to snap a picture when your "Other" gets out of control before you reset it.

We shouldn't have to reset the phone to use it. Makes no sense.
    I cannot agree more. We should not need to reset the phone every few months just to be able to use typical features. Most of us have very little Music or Picture use on the internal memory, it's all about pretty much standard applications, but mostly about OTHER bloat.

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Colorado Springs, got the 810 in April (what a drag they dumped it soon after) and paid for it up front. Other is more than 4GB.

I'm not up for the constant reset game. After I beat a game I'm almost finished I'm going to sell it and get an 820. I got an unlock code from T-Mobile for the 810. I'll buy the 820 outright and have it unlocked. This 810 and TMO have really upset me. Personally I've never had an issue with TMO as I've been with them for many years. This, however, is ridiculous. I'm through buying phones from them. It blows chunks that they killed the 810 after five months and won't update it. Lesson learned.

wp_ss_20130513_0001.jpg
    Last edited by frageelay; 05-14-2013 at 12:10 AM.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast