Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have contacted T-Mobile support through live chat for unlocking. They said I needed to fax them the receipt but I bought it in eBay. Is there any other way without spending 25$ and wait 5 days...?

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Do you have a T-Mo account? if so then you can call them and say that you are going out of the country to unlock it..

No, I don't 'cause I'm not from the State. Anyone with a TMO account can help me with this? :D

Quote Originally Posted by fenixnguyen View Post
    No, I don't 'cause I'm not from the State. Anyone with a TMO account can help me with this? :D
    same thing here, i thought that juz give T-mobile the IMEI then i'll get the unlock code, I'm from VietNam, anyone can help :(

If not try a 3rd party like cellunlocker.net. It costs $25 and you'll have the code within a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asleeper2 View Post
    If not try a 3rd party like cellunlocker.net. It costs $25 and you'll have the code within a few days.
    Will it work for me to unlock my 920 I bought on contract?

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news on the Lumia 920, but it will be locked up the same way that the 900 was for AT&T for at least 6 months after launch. Many people are still having troubles getting 900's unlocked even via third party unlocker services.

As far as the 810 goes, it is a T-Mobile USA phone only. The $25 unlock companies will basically call T-Mobile, get the code and then relay it to you. Best bet for those out of the country is to do just that. Yes you have to wait for a few days, but you've probably been waiting longer than that to begin with.

My friend bought an 810 locked to t-mobile off ebay (here in India), hoping to get it unlocked and use it with his carrier. It's been around 3 months now since he bought it - and he has tried getting an unlock code from around 7 different unlock code websites. From what I gather, he must have been sold a phone with a bad IMEI with T-mobile. But when I check the phone's imei status with t-mobile - in this page, it says "This device has not been reported as lost or stolen and is currently available for use"

Any help on how to get an unlock code for this phone would be greatly appreciated!
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
    My friend bought an 810 locked to t-mobile off ebay (here in India), hoping to get it unlocked and use it with his carrier. It's been around 3 months now since he bought it - and he has tried getting an unlock code from around 7 different unlock code websites. From what I gather, he must have been sold a phone with a bad IMEI with T-mobile. But when I check the phone's imei status with t-mobile - in this page, it says "This device has not been reported as lost or stolen and is currently available for use"

Any help on how to get an unlock code for this phone would be greatly appreciated!
    If he's tried to unlock it more than 10 times ( with seven different codes I'm sure he tried several of those codes more than once) then it will be permanently locked and there is nothing you can do to unlock it.
    T Mobile might be able to but if 7 different unlock websites couldn't get it right - then only T Mobile can IF it's not permanently locked.
    Banned

It's also possible that it has tried to be unlocked 3 (or more) times before he tried the 7 times, if so then it's locked permanently.
    10 times is the limit not 10 times per code. I unlocked mine ( T Mobile sent me the code ) and it said 10 tries is all you get then it will melt into a glob of metal and plastic BTW 3rd party sellers of codes don't get them from the carrier, that's a myth, why would T Mobile sell it to anyone if the purpose is to keep the customer tied to them ? There is away to figure it out but it's beyond me, so I just politely asked T Mobile and as a 7 year customer they said OK after a few times asking that is, they also lowered my monthly bill by $10.
    Last edited by PB_H; 09-02-2013 at 05:19 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fenixnguyen View Post
    I have contacted T-Mobile support through live chat for unlocking. They said I needed to fax them the receipt but I bought it in eBay. Is there any other way without spending 25$ and wait 5 days...?
    Your Pay Pal receipt is a receipt fax them that or copy of your credit card statement or the purchased link on your eBay account page.
    Also even if T Mobile says they will it usually takes 2 weeks to get the code -or more.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by PB_H View Post
    It's also possible that it has tried to be unlocked 3 (or more) times before he tried the 7 times, if so then it's locked permanently.
    10 times is the limit not 10 times per code. I unlocked mine ( T Mobile sent me the code ) and it said 10 tries is all you get then it will melt into a glob of metal and plastic BTW 3rd party sellers of codes don't get them from the carrier, that's a myth, why would T Mobile sell it to anyone if the purpose is to keep the customer tied to them ? There is away to figure it out but it's beyond me, so I just politely asked T Mobile and as a 7 year customer they said OK after a few times asking that is, they also lowered my monthly bill by $10.
    Hi PB_H

thanks a lot for your reply! Even though my friend tried getting the code from many websites, all of them replied "code not found" -so he has not entered any code yet. When inserting a non-accepted sim card it asks for the unlock code and it says '10 attempts remaining' or something similar. And he has bought this phone from eBay India and we do not have paypal here. So contacting T-Mo won't be of help I guess.
    Banned

Hi PB_H

thanks a lot for your reply! Even though my friend tried getting the code from many websites, all of them replied "code not found" -so he has not entered any code yet. When inserting a non-accepted sim card it asks for the unlock code and it says '10 attempts remaining' or something similar. And he has bought this phone from eBay India and we do not have paypal here. So contacting T-Mo won't be of help I guess.
    While I was waiting to see if T Mobile was indeed going to send me the unlock PIN, this place said it had a PIN
    Unlock Code Central - Unlock Your Mobile Phone By Code
    I never purchased it but they indicated they could by directing me to Pay Pal I when I entered the relevant information required.
    The charge was only $5.99
    Even tho' they guarantee that it will work going through Pay Pal to pay gives you even better protection.
    Last edited by PB_H; 09-04-2013 at 07:18 PM.

While I was waiting to see if T Mobile was indeed going to send me the unlock PIN, this place said it had a PIN
    I never purchased it but they indicated they could by directing me to Pay Pal I when I entered the relevant information required.
    Even tho' they guarantee that it will work going through Pay Pal to pay gives you even better protection.
    I went through this a few months ago for a non-WP, and they could not get a code. To their credit, they first told me they were working on it, and then when they admitted failure, refunded my PayPal immediately.

Hi PB_H

I e-mailed them a few days back regarding an unlock code for the 810, but no reply. Guess my friend is out of luck with his 810
    Banned

Hi PB_H

I e-mailed them a few days back regarding an unlock code for the 810, but no reply. Guess my friend is out of luck with his 810
    You get their attention by paying the $5.99 thru Pay Pal and IF the can't unlock it like the previous member said they will promptly refund your money.
    I don't think that your one email in the hundreds that they get has even been read. Most just pay and if they don't have a code you get a refund.

You get their attention by paying the $5.99 thru Pay Pal and IF the can't unlock it like the previous member said they will promptly refund your money.
    I don't think that your one email in the hundreds that they get has even been read. Most just pay and if they don't have a code you get a refund.

Thanks - I have placed an order with them - hope they can find a code - *fingers crossed*

cellunlocker.net does it for 39,99 - not cheap - but the code will work

No luck with unlock code central - they tried generating the code automatically - when that failed, they told me they would try to manually calculate a code - but that didn't work was well - amount was refunded. Highly professional and courteous people.

Quote Originally Posted by alexloe View Post
    cellunlocker.net does it for 39,99 - not cheap - but the code will work
    $40 does sound expensive, I'll check them out
    Banned

No luck with unlock code central - they tried generating the code automatically - when that failed, they told me they would try to manually calculate a code - but that didn't work was well - amount was refunded. Highly professional and courteous people.

$40 does sound expensive, I'll check them out
    Since you're in India and that's a T Mobile branded 810 and there is no way you can be on their network
    why not try and contact T Mobile/USA and see if they will unlock it, they worst they can do is say no.
    Also the seller on eBay can create a receipt or the one Pay Pal provided since they -T Mobile probably want to see one.