- 01-29-2013, 01:46 AM #1
Recently I have done a study on all the smartphones that provides Windows8 platform. In mid price-range Lumia 620 seem promising, but I am attracted towards Lumia 810. It is not announced for Indian market. Sure Lumia 820 is available here but I wish to have Lumia 810, it is released only in US with T-Mobile.
I am working at Kiwitech, that is a mobile app company so I know about rooting and jailbreaking. Is there any way I can use it here in India.
01-29-2013, 02:23 AM #2
- 673 Posts
You would have to buy unlocked from somewhere, download Nokia's access point app and put in the APN for your network. If you buy full price from T-Mobile or a T-Mobile authorized retailer, their unlocking policy states that you can fax them your full price receipt and they will unlock it for you if you call customer service (there are websites you can send faxes from without being in the US, I just don't know if T-Mobile will ship internationally)... I would call first to see if this policy still remains in effect.
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM #7
- 673 Posts
T-Mobile is not going to ship an unlocked version of the 810 anywhere at all. Still not sure about international shipping - but thinking about it, probably not that either.
1) Buy one unlocked from ebay. Last time I checked there were only two auctions for the 810, and no "buy it now" options, so you would have to bid. No idea if they ship internationally
2) Find someone in the US to buy it from T-Mobile for you. If you use PayPal for money transfer, it should protect both parties from fraud so everyone can be safe. If bought full price, as I mentioned above, T-Mobile's policy is to unlock no questions asked provided you fax in the receipt. But if you're actually having someone in the US buy it for you, I would recommend you have THAT person obtain the unlock code for you first - in case there are any unlocking issues and you want to return it.
3) Scour the internet in a search for an unlocked 810 somewhere, perhaps on the sites that generally sell unlocked phones. I imagine you may have already exhausted this option though.
Last edited by Mystictrust; 01-31-2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: typo correction
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM #13
- 53 Posts
I was in a similar boat, I wanted the 810 up here in Canada but it's a USA only phone. I didn't know anyone in the US who I could trust to unlock it for me... and then I found this site:
Nokia Lumia 810 AWS Unlocked Penta Band Windows 8 Unlocked Available (Full Specifications)
So I bought one and it was exactly as described, a brand new Lumia 810 that was already unlocked. They also include a sheet of paper inside the box with a QR code to install the Nokia access point app to set it up on your network. I installed that and it worked like a charm immediately on my home network (WIND mobile Canada). Highly recommend this company, I don't know how I never heard of them before.--------------
Lumia 920, 810, and 620
Past mobiles: E6, N8, N900, X7, C5-04, C3-00, N93, 5310xm, 6620, 3100, 6275i, 6310i, 6190 and a few ericcsons and motorolas.
- By Naveen Prabhu in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 1Last Post: 01-19-2013, 04:24 AM
- By Naveen Prabhu in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2013, 05:49 PM
- By metalchick719 in forum Nokia Lumia 810Replies: 10Last Post: 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
- By Aldo Rubin in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 1Last Post: 02-18-2012, 01:27 AM
- By i2y4n in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 24Last Post: 01-24-2012, 12:47 PM