Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mky4b11

Talking with a T-Mobile rep in a store today, I mentioned I was looking forward to hopefully seeing some additional colored shells in the future for the 810. With confidence he told me that there are definitely more colors coming soon, and that there will be: yellow, red, grey, blue (cyan), and black.While I know that store reps generally don't know anything ahead of time, this seems a bit more legitimate for two reasons:

1. It's about accessories
    2. Someone on this forum mentioned a Nokia rep telling him/her that there will be additional colored shells in the future.

Here's to hoping for these colors soon!! As a side note, the rep was also VERY confident that there will be a 920 on T-Mobile in 3 months. Something tells me that he's actually just speculating to coincide with the end of AT&T's six month exclusivity deal, but it's a nice thought (tons of reps over the years have "confirmed" an iPhone coming to T-Mobile but nothing yet)

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Would be awesome. But like you said, it was from a rep.
    Sam Sabri
    Managing Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email - sam@wpcentral.com
    Twitter - samsabri
    Instagram - samsabri
    Twitch - GeneralSham
    Xbox Live - GeneralSham

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Would also love more colors ..... but I too have heard for several years that T-mobile will be getting the iPhone. The reps always "tell me on the sly" and pretend as if they have access to confidential information. Ha!

We'll see ......

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbagrows View Post
    Would also love more colors ..... but I too have heard for several years that T-mobile will be getting the iPhone. The reps always "tell me on the sly" and pretend as if they have access to confidential information. Ha!

We'll see ......
    Not sure if this is what you're saying but T-Mobile is actually getting the iphone. It was announced by the CEO. He said about 2-3 months from now...

i am sure nokia will release defferent color shells, if not nokia, a 3rd party company will make them.

*thinks back fondly to his nokia 5160 with clear blue housing, flashing led battery/keypad/antennae* hahaha
    Mystictrust likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sravanv View Post
    Not sure if this is what you're saying but T-Mobile is actually getting the iphone. It was announced by the CEO. He said about 2-3 months from now...
    I know. But I've been hearing this for years from T-mobile reps who tell me that they're "in the know." They give me a sly look and a wink, and tell me that there will be an "announcement" in the next few months regarding the iPhone on TMo. I would bet I've heard this at least 5-6 times from various reps.
    Sweet if true! I would love me a yellow and maybe even a red shell to go along with the red wireless charging plate I just ordered.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Yeah that was me who met that Nokia rep. And she showed me an 810 booklet and I flipped through if and saw the shells in there. Wish i took a pic of it. And I checked that the 'nokia stripe' on the shell was going down to make sure it wasn't a picture of the shells for the 820. Hope they finally see the light of day...
    Thanked by:

I wish the 810 had the same type of glossy, candy coat type shells that the 620 does.

Also, I hope some of the new shells do not include the wireless charging feature as I would prefer the thinner profile.