Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    My home button doesnt light up like my back & search button & its BRAND NEW purchased 1/17 and I've reset it & applied portico update but my guess is an issue under the hood. Any one else with this issue?

by the way this is the only problem i have beside MS not allowing us to copy apps to SD card ;-)
    I haven't really had this issue per se, but there are times when the entire row of buttons at the bottom of the phone are not lit up. It's odd because it seems to occur at random.

I'm no expert on this, but my phone does that as well, I think it has something to do with black light/auto dimmer and possibly the app you are running, My question to the OP: Does it ever light up, is it just always off?

I have the same problem. All buttons on the row randomly lose illumination. After noticing they no longer light up, I press the power/lock button to shut the phone down and they light up again. Prior to doing this, no matter what I do with the phone, those buttons won't illuminate.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTheDon View Post
    My home button doesnt light up like my back & search button & its BRAND NEW purchased 1/17 and I've reset it & applied portico update but my guess is an issue under the hood. Any one else with this issue?

by the way this is the only problem i have beside MS not allowing us to copy apps to SD card ;-)
    Get it replaced, they all are supposed to lit at the same time
    I believe all three buttons are designed to light up based on ambient lighting conditions at the time you turn the screen on. I have noticed that if I'm in an adequately-lit environment and I turn the screen on, the buttons won't come on, even if the room suddenly gets dark. But in the dark room, turning the screen off and on again, the sensor sees the darkness and does turn the buttons on.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Check if your battery has a heart. The Battery Saver option under display+touch affects the capacitive button lights. Turning this off will lose control over the lights. Ambient lighting is different, under a certain amount of lumens (bright conditions) only the capacitive lights turns off.

But in OPs case, the middle light is obviously faulty.
    Thanked by: