Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65
Like Tree1Likes
  1. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #51  
    interesting that media monkey corrupted the card. I have not tested using media monkey to sync I have basically used it only to fix my mp3 collection. I switched to the zune software when the zune player was launched so it had been a while since I had messed with mp3s with other software Zune just worked nicely and found no need too. It wasnt until this music debacle that I realized zune had its own way of doing things that were out of the norm for most players lol
  2. #52  
    Strangely, I noticed that one of the two albums I had disappear from my XBox Music collection has somehow appeared under Nokia Music. The other has vanished completely. Just don't get it. My SD card was also scanned and corrected for errors last week, so I'm drawing a blank on it.
  3. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #53  
    How about this. I erased everything on the card via WMP and redownloaded all my music through my pass. That was a pain but I figured I was done. Then I noticed that for albums that I had lost tags on before the new downloaded albums had copies of all my songs like the "lost" songs had reappeared. Very strange.
  4. trouble210's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Mushroom View Post
    On a side note... I think this issues doesn't show when I skip the sync dance, and just copy paste the files directly. Odd, but I'm going to give this more thought. Hopefully an upgrade to Win8 will solve this.
    That's what I did and everything seems to be working fine now (knocking on wood). Had the same problems (duplicate songs, titles/artwork with no music, etc.). Here's what I did/am doing now:

    1. Wiped SD card with a fresh format.
    2. Turned off Sync in Windows Media Player (only use copy-paste in Explorer now).
    3. Rip mp3's with WMP.
    4. Add/edit metadata/artwork using Mp3tag software (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...))
    5. Copy and Paste each mp3 file to SD card one at a time and wait about 20 seconds between each copy-paste. Slow, but it's working.
  5. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble210 View Post
    That's what I did and everything seems to be working fine now (knocking on wood). Had the same problems (duplicate songs, titles/artwork with no music, etc.). Here's what I did/am doing now:

    1. Wiped SD card with a fresh format.
    2. Turned off Sync in Windows Media Player (only use copy-paste in Explorer now).
    3. Rip mp3's with WMP.
    4. Add/edit metadata/artwork using Mp3tag software (Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...))
    5. Copy and Paste each mp3 file to SD card one at a time and wait about 20 seconds between each copy-paste. Slow, but it's working.
    My God. Who has the time?

    That's insane. Close to giving up on the phone.
  6. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #56  
    Just use the desktop sync software works easy enough
  7. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by falsehopess View Post
    Just use the desktop sync software works easy enough
    That has nothing to do with duplicating songs. The songs duplicate over time while on the phone.
  8. Angry_Mushroom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    #58  
    The syncing software was the reason I had duplicate songs issues. I think I've tracked the issue down to data being stored on the phone as well as the SD card. If you check your music folder on the phone via explorer you'll notice what appears to be metadata. Once I got rid of that the issues appears to have gone away. Who knows...
  9. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Mushroom View Post
    The syncing software was the reason I had duplicate songs issues. I think I've tracked the issue down to data being stored on the phone as well as the SD card. If you check your music folder on the phone via explorer you'll notice what appears to be metadata. Once I got rid of that the issues appears to have gone away. Who knows...
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say "check your music folder on the phone via explorer."
  10. trouble210's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    24 Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by dainla View Post
    My God. Who has the time?

    That's insane. Close to giving up on the phone.
    Found a work-around (no saving one at a time anymore) that is working perfectly: Rip to the songs to hard drive. When you set your metadata with Mp3tag software (link in previous post), set Album Artist, Composer, and Discnumber fields to <blank> and save. (They are the bottom 3 fields above the artwork on the left side of the pane). Drag and drop using Windows Explorer. Been doing that for 2 weeks now without a single issue with dups, bad artwork, mis-labels, etc.
  11. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    #61  
    The only method that worked for me...others gave me duplicate music entries with every restart.

    I first synced with the WP app which created the music folder on my sd card. Next I copied that entire folder using the explorer, formatted the sd card and recopied it back using explorer, facing no music issues after that
  12. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    The only method that worked for me...others gave me duplicate music entries with every restart.

    I first synced with the WP app which created the music folder on my sd card. Next I copied that entire folder using the explorer, formatted the sd card and recopied it back using explorer, facing no music issues after that
    I have a Mac, so that's not an option.
  13. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by dainla View Post
    I have a Mac, so that's not an option.
    Doesn't Mac have a mass storage device option?
  14. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by pankaj981 View Post
    Doesn't Mac have a mass storage device option?
    Not that I've seen.
  15. Jaripi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    544 Posts
    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by metalchick719 View Post
    Strangely, I noticed that one of the two albums I had disappear from my XBox Music collection has somehow appeared under Nokia Music. The other has vanished completely. Just don't get it. My SD card was also scanned and corrected for errors last week, so I'm drawing a blank on it.
    Just add the album name for these songs (just write there "Greatest Hits" for example) ... by any tag editor and they will appear in Music and Video too (not only in Nokia Music) ...

    Duplicate entries are created in "Album" and "Artist" subfolders in Music folder of your phone ... just clean them empty (it will remove songs too) and the move all songs back to Music folder or a subfolder and then "Album" and "Artist" subfolders will be recreated automatically again ... no need to move songs one by one - I moved over 1500 songs once to my "MySongs" subfolder of "Music" folder and it recreated these subfolders again ....

    Sorry, I did not read well ... this is Lumia 810 ... I use only WP8 phone (above apply for that) ... :(
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. XBOX Music Problem List
    By garak0410 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-07-2014, 03:33 AM
  2. XBOX Music Problem List
    By garak0410 in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  3. DRM problem, Music problem, unique?
    By Robert Carpenter in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
  4. XBox music problems
    By ahpitre in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  5. Xbox Music Problems
    By SoundsLikeLife in forum Windows 8
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions