Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 65
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #26  
    Hey cafe what class card are you using, do you have an 822 (this isn't something that's been an issue with the 820), and if you do have an 822 have you rebooted it since you synched?
  2. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwincnelson View Post
    All Id3 tags are V3 because WMP doesn't recognize V4 at all anyways. We can synch our phones fine, but everytime we reboot anything that is on the card vanishes, or its meta data vanishes to be clear. I've used the official app, music bee, WMP, and drag and drop. Same thing everytime.
    Works for me though...it didnt bring in the tags first but after i synced it with the windows phone app, even though the music was present on the card, it re-transferred the tags..
  3. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #28  
    Panka do you have an 822?
  4. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #29  
    Let me be a bit more clear about the problem. We are having no trouble with synch. Using all programs and drag and drop transferring music is a snap and goes off without a hitch. The issue is when the phone is rebooted all meta data associated with music loaded from the PC (music pass albums are unaffected, internal memory is unaffected) is erased from the SD card. The songs are there, but they are transferred to a folder marked unknown artist with no album art or name, making it hard to organize to say the least. It's simple enough to resynch, or if using WMP to erase the unknown album folder and reload the music (I put all these albums in a playlist so I don't have to find them again) but loading 15 gigs of music on the phone takes awhile and it's a real pain to have to go through that after every reboot. What's concerning is we have 3 phones now sold thousands of miles apart that are exhibiting the behavior. What's weird is that it doesn't immediately erase the meta data. Coming out of reboot everything looks fine. If you wait about a minute or two you can actually see the albums being erased by the phone. You're looking at the album art and then one by one the albums turn to grey boxes and then disappear. Something else weird. Connected the phone at work and installed the latest build of the Win 7 synch app. Detected the phone, saw the SD was full, but would not detect that any music was present or allow me to pull the songs from the phone. Weird.
  5. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #30  
    Also I have done a factory reset, soft reboot, memory flush reboot, disconnected from XBox music and cloud collection and nothing prevents the problem.
  6. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwincnelson View Post
    Panka do you have an 822?
    Why will I post in a 822 forum if I have a 810? I do have an 810 and I have no issues with my songs' metadata getting messed
  7. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwincnelson View Post
    Let me be a bit more clear about the problem. We are having no trouble with synch. Using all programs and drag and drop transferring music is a snap and goes off without a hitch. The issue is when the phone is rebooted all meta data associated with music loaded from the PC (music pass albums are unaffected, internal memory is unaffected) is erased from the SD card. The songs are there, but they are transferred to a folder marked unknown artist with no album art or name, making it hard to organize to say the least. It's simple enough to resynch, or if using WMP to erase the unknown album folder and reload the music (I put all these albums in a playlist so I don't have to find them again) but loading 15 gigs of music on the phone takes awhile and it's a real pain to have to go through that after every reboot. What's concerning is we have 3 phones now sold thousands of miles apart that are exhibiting the behavior. What's weird is that it doesn't immediately erase the meta data. Coming out of reboot everything looks fine. If you wait about a minute or two you can actually see the albums being erased by the phone. You're looking at the album art and then one by one the albums turn to grey boxes and then disappear. Something else weird. Connected the phone at work and installed the latest build of the Win 7 synch app. Detected the phone, saw the SD was full, but would not detect that any music was present or allow me to pull the songs from the phone. Weird.
    I had the same issue for the first couple of times, the first time I synced the songs using WMP on Windows 8 x64. After that I had all the songs but when I checked the albums it showed me only unknown. To fix it, I re-synced my playlist from the Windows Phone Desktop Client (not the metro version) and it looked as if it was transferring music but what it was doing was updating the metadata. Just to make sure it doesn't screw up again, I synced the playlist again using WMP on Windows 8 x64 and the metadata still stayed. Now I have also enabled XBOX Sync and the metadata is still in place, working as usual.

    What I think its a bug that MS needs to address soon, I did find a work around which I used, may be you can try this and let us know. FYI, I have my SD card formatted as NTFS and its a 32GB Class 10 Ultra from Sandisk. Also as someone mentioned in this forum that videos above 4GB cannot be transferred, well I just created a test video above 5GB and the transfer worked for me.
    Thanked by:
  8. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #33  
    I will have to try that
  9. Edwincnelson's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #34  
    Arrrgh. I don't have windows 8 but I guess I could try that using the synch client again running under windows 7. I tried it yesterday doing that exact same thing with WMP and it worked for a few albums and failed with a bunch of others. we'll see. Thanks!
  10. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwincnelson View Post
    Arrrgh. I don't have windows 8 but I guess I could try that using the synch client again running under windows 7. I tried it yesterday doing that exact same thing with WMP and it worked for a few albums and failed with a bunch of others. we'll see. Thanks!
    Yeah the Windows Phone desktop software should work the same as that on Windows 8 or Windows 7. Just sync it a couple of times (I synced the playlist), and it worked for me. Once it worked, I have moved back to using WMP which feels quite handy as compared to the Windows Phone desktop software.
    Last edited by pankaj981; 12-25-2012 at 10:43 PM.
  11. CaFe88's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    #36  
  12. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaFe88 View Post
    I have that card. Still cannot get music on phone.
  13. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #38  
    Had to post that I tried using panka's method. I resynced music using the windows phone desktop client and that stopped my music from disappearing after a reboot. Although one small caveat some of the album art is missing. Messing around with media monkey (never used it before) trying to imbed the album art into the files. Hopefully this works for you to edwin
  14. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #39  
    Okay, so if anyone has the problem I did, I found a solution.

    Problem: Using Mac. Phone recognized but won't sync music to SD card.

    Removed SD card, reformated on computer and started over again.

    Music now on phone. I now look forward to being irritated about playlists and music disappearing.
  15. pankaj981's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by falsehopess View Post
    Had to post that I tried using panka's method. I resynced music using the windows phone desktop client and that stopped my music from disappearing after a reboot. Although one small caveat some of the album art is missing. Messing around with media monkey (never used it before) trying to imbed the album art into the files. Hopefully this works for you to edwin
    using WMP to sync my music screwed the metadata, i guess using the desktop client is my only option
  16. dainla's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    216 Posts
    #41  
    I was finally able to get all my music on my phone after yesterdays windows for mac update, although several songs were loaded over 30 times.

    Whatever, better than nothing
  17. #42  
    I'm having this issue now, too. I had nearly 800 songs on my phone when I first synched it in November, when I got it. The last couple of weeks, I added a few more albums, only to discover that the album art had somehow vanished. I deleted them but re-added one of those albums. When I did that, I noticed that another album (not one that lost its art) had also disappeared from my phone. I added that and everything seemed peachy. Next thing I know, during last week, I noticed that the album I re-added because the art had vanished was gone! Ditto for the one that originally disappeared, because it too is gone again. I have no idea what's up with that, but it's super annoying.
  18. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #43  
    sorry to hear that metalchick i found using pankas method for loading music using the windows phone desktop app fixed that. Also through tinkering using media monkey to imbed the album art into the mp3 itself has fixed this issue as well. although doing that for a 16gb music collection is rather annoying
  19. Angry_Mushroom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    #44  
    This is in fact an astoundingly annoying issue. Installed the syncing app/program. Hopefully this will solve my problems. Otherwise I'm going to do a factory reset on this thing, and work from there.

    EDIT 1: Doing a reset now. We'll see if this does anything at all.

    EDIT 2: For me... it appears the issue was in the way I unhooked my phone from the computer. Ever since I started ejecting the phone from the computer I've not had this issue any longer. I've also kinda given up on trying to get my album art to sync up. I don't look at my phone when listening to music anyway.
    Last edited by Angry_Mushroom; 01-19-2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: update
  20. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #45  
    Embedding the album art in the mp3's has worked for me. After that I used windows explorer and just deleted the artist and added the newly fixed files and the album art never disappears now and non of the other metadata gets screwed up either
  21. Guzzler3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    679 Posts
    #46  
    Oh ****,

    I decided to try other methods of adding music, WMP, Windows Phone app and I made a huge mess of what's on my phone. I ended up with quad copies of my music (and photos for some reason). Trying to play music ended up with the phone locking up.

    I ended up taking out the SD card, and formatting it (after copying off what I wanted to keep) on my PC. Then I copied back my music, photos.

    Put the SD cad back in the phone, and the final kicker, rest the phone to factory with the SD card still in.

    Have to say, the rest went faster with Portico. And all my music and photos are back to single entries :) Now I'm back to figuring out least painful method of making playlists. I might just upgrade my laptop to Windows 8 to experiment.
    Guz

    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry 6320
    Lumia 810
  22. Angry_Mushroom's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    #47  
    Nevermind. Issue is back yet again. Synced up a list. Look and all the albums are there. Restart the phone, and bam. Half my stuff is now missing. The songs are there, but the album data is not. C'mon Nokia/Microsoft. I expect better of you!

    On a side note... I think this issues doesn't show when I skip the sync dance, and just copy paste the files directly. Odd, but I'm going to give this more thought. Hopefully an upgrade to Win8 will solve this.
    Last edited by Angry_Mushroom; 01-20-2013 at 03:33 AM.
  23. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Mushroom View Post
    Nevermind. Issue is back yet again. Synced up a list. Look and all the albums are there. Restart the phone, and bam. Half my stuff is now missing. The songs are there, but the album data is not. C'mon Nokia/Microsoft. I expect better of you!

    On a side note... I think this issues doesn't show when I skip the sync dance, and just copy paste the files directly. Odd, but I'm going to give this more thought. Hopefully an upgrade to Win8 will solve this.
    Mushroom since you went through with a reboot and a wipe of your card try out what I mentioned above. I know that using the windows phone app can be a pain in the *** because sometimes when I tried to resync music or playlists for that matter it would delete them instead of add them. You may have to sync a couple of times. I fixed most of the album art issues using media monkey and imbedding the album art into the mp3 itself. After that I launched zune software and recreated most of my playlists. After doing all that I then used the windows phone software to add my playlists and music. That seemed to fix everything I can now reboot and not loose any metadata or playlists. That seems like a lot of work I know but it worked for me.


    On a side note while using windows media player worked for me every reboot would wreck the metadata. Using the above method has kept this from happening. Also I can now turn on "connect with Xbox music" under the music settings (so I can use smart dj) and not have it wreck metadata. BTW that is the only option under music settings I have turned on.
  24. falsehopess's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    97 Posts
       #49  
    BTW please visit Master List Of Issues With XBox Music On WP8 - Microsoft Community

    microsoft finally responded at the bottom of the page
  25. Williaml99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #50  
    Chiming in.

    12000 or so music files.

    I have been a tech pro for about 25 years.

    Previously managed by Zoon and synced a few play lists and albums to my HTC Trophy and synced all to my 80 GB Zoon MP3 player.

    Album art was mainly intact.

    Computer OS Windows 8
    New phone Nokia Lumia 822

    I tried syncing with Media Player
    I experienced the problem of disappearing album art and play lists and so on.



    Main thing that perked up my ears on this thread was >
    1. Safely ejecting phone, I did not have to do for some time as Windows Phone 7 did not mount the phone as a file system.
    2. MediaMonkey was a possibility, never used before.

    I could not eject the phone until I changed the settings on some services relating to DEV software I had. Once I set those to manual I was able to eject the phone correctly. I found what services were interfering after eject failure by looking in the Windows system log.

    My opinion was after downloading the free MediaMonkey was it was better suited to sync music than WMP. I am a long time user of WMP and I am not down on it.

    Once I had MM (MediaMonkey) find the album art on the web and applied it to the album in the song list I found that it would remain on the phone even after a reboot.
    This did not go without some bumps during this process. Before I got things squared away (not claiming I have it squared away now), twice MM crashed while trying to remove a playlist and corrupted the SD card. When this would happen the phone totally lost the card, did not think it had one. I could not logically remove what I did not have. Physically removed and replaced SD to no avail. When I put the card in the computer and ran check disk, it did not find any problem. The only thing that worked was reformatting the card on the computer, then the normal wp8 wizard came up and asked if I would like to save stuff on the card. After getting my eject stuff together I have only had one small hitch. I found that one playlist was listed with zero files. I went through the motions of removing and replacing the playlist twice with MM to no avail. After the 3rd removal I went into the play list wit MM on the computer and redid the find mp3 tags on the web, then resync to phone and all is well.

    Summary

    I do not understand all the reasons this seems to be too hard. I will continue to use MM, eject my phone properly and hope for the best.

    This thread has been helpful to me.

    Thanks
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. XBOX Music Problem List
    By garak0410 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-24-2013, 02:28 PM
  2. XBOX Music Problem List
    By garak0410 in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
  3. DRM problem, Music problem, unique?
    By Robert Carpenter in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
  4. XBox music problems
    By ahpitre in forum XBOX Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM
  5. Xbox Music Problems
    By SoundsLikeLife in forum Windows 8
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-14-2012, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

B