Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mystictrust

So I finally got my 810 last night...sweet! When I set up my account it pulled in all my Facebook contacts pics and info, again sweet! So I added in my contacts that I don't have on Facebook and then proceeded to add a few of them on Facebook. So here's the question, how do I get the people hub to update those contacts with their Facebook info instead of just showing a blank grey square next to their name? I'm sure it's something simple I am overlooking but it's driving me crazy. :)
    Hmm... When I added contacts who I'm also Facebook friends with, it automatically placed their info in their Facebook profiles for me. There were maybe two exceptions that separated into two entries because of a differing last name (she uses her maiden name on FB but I had her married name in my contacts on my old phone) and the "Jr." I placed at the end of another's name. I would double check to see whether your contacts who also FB friends are in the People Hub as duplicates or if it just overrode that. Hope I make sense.

It did update them all, but I have since added a few contacts that I had a phone number for to Facebook. Now I want the people hub to update those contacts with their Facebook info. That's the part I can't figure out. How to get the phone to update those contacts.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    try un syncing and re syncing the contacts with facebook.

It helps if they have the same name (i.e. Mike and Mike not Mike and Michael) but that doesn't always work.

Select your Facebook contact from the People hub. Select the "link" button down at the bottom (center button that looks like a chain link). It may "suggest" a similar contact, and then you just select that, or you can manually "choose a contact" and select the person with no picture. Once they are linked, they will share the same photo and it will always get updated.
    metalchick719 likes this.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystictrust View Post
    It helps if they have the same name (i.e. Mike and Mike not Mike and Michael) but that doesn't always work.

Select your Facebook contact from the People hub. Select the "link" button down at the bottom (center button that looks like a chain link). It may "suggest" a similar contact, and then you just select that, or you can manually "choose a contact" and select the person with no picture. Once they are linked, they will share the same photo and it will always get updated.
    that works too.
    I just discovered the link feature about an hour ago when I realized one of my contacts appeared twice because I misspelled her name in one. I edited it and then she appeared three times, then I noticed the link icon and voile! Looks like Mystictrust beat me to the punch, though.

Man I like this phone. I just miss spotify. I'm trying Xbox music but it doesn't have a good way to add a single song to an existing playlist that I can find. :( From what ihear tho, spotify will come soon.

@tobygwinn I'm pretty sure Spotify is in the Market. Hasn't it been there for a while??

Nope, it's been pulled and from what I've read they will have a new version available early this next year that's comparable for wp8.