Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave Blake
  • 1 Post By Nataku4ca
  1. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #1  
    So, I have had my 800 for a good 4~5 weeks now, I keep running into two odd issue and was wondering if anyone else have the same issue (it didn't occur to me it was an issue until I received a Focus Flash from microsoft, gave it to my mom to persuade some of the elderly over to our side :P)

    first, most annoying problem I have is when i "click" standby button to turn off screen sometimes it'll turn off the screen for 2 sec and light it up again @@ don't get why that is happening, and there is a good chance i would be trying to turn off the screen for the next 3 min...

    second, not sure if i screwed a setting or something but my mom's focus flash turns off the screen after 30sec(i set it) where as mine, i set it to 30 sec as well and it never turns off the screen...?? worst part is if i receive a call via bluetooth the screen stays on after the call because of this (i think) and the battery just gets drained... any idea why?

    Thanks,
  2. #2  
    I have the first problem on my HD7... No clue why.
  3. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    #3  
    The first one if you click standby button to power off the screen and immediately after the screen goes black you tap the camera button the screen will come back on. Its the same for every windows phone I have had.

    The second make sure you have the settings under Settings /Lock+Wallpaper set correctly.
    5tephen likes this.
  4. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    The first one if you click standby button to power off the screen and immediately after the screen goes black you tap the camera button the screen will come back on. Its the same for every windows phone I have had.

    The second make sure you have the settings under Settings /Lock+Wallpaper set correctly.
    @Dave Blake,

    thats the odd thing, i only click on the standby button and have all my fingers away from the other buttons and it still happens (40% of the time now though better than when I first got it which was like 70%)

    i have the lock+wall paper set to
    show artist when playing music : on
    screen times out after: 30sec
    password: on
    require a password after: 5 min

    does any of them cause it to not go into standby?

    thanks btw :)
  5. Dave Blake's Avatar
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

    Posts
    5,662 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    #5  
    That should just about do it if its still not turning off I would suspect a hardware issue. Do you have access to a repair center or can you take it back to where you got it. It should still be covered under the manufacturers warranty. A word of warning they will most likely want you to do a hard reset before exchanging it. I seldom recommend a hard reset these devices just never need it but with an issue like yours your either getting an new device anyways or they will want to try a repair of the one you have either way you will probably end up with a hard reset one way or another. I'm thinking you might want to try that before taking it in for repair.
    Thanked by:
  6. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    That should just about do it if its still not turning off I would suspect a hardware issue. Do you have access to a repair center or can you take it back to where you got it. It should still be covered under the manufacturers warranty. A word of warning they will most likely want you to do a hard reset before exchanging it. I seldom recommend a hard reset these devices just never need it but with an issue like yours your either getting an new device anyways or they will want to try a repair of the one you have either way you will probably end up with a hard reset one way or another. I'm thinking you might want to try that before taking it in for repair.
    uh oh, got my gf's dad to bring it from taiwan... guess ill try the hard reset and if does nothing ill have to cross my fingers the canadian nokia are willing to help :P, Thanks
  7. hat3012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #7  
    Hi Nataku4ca

    I have the same issue. :@ Do you repair your phone? What can i do this issue?

    Thanks..
  8. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hat3012 View Post
    Hi Nataku4ca

    I have the same issue. :@ Do you repair your phone? What can i do this issue?

    Thanks..
    i ended up cutting the plastic film around all the buttons and pulling them off (nokia tw wrapped it for me when i pre-ordered it) on my L800 and that seems to have fixed the issue, do you have yours wrapped?
    Thanked by:
  9. hat3012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    i ended up cutting the plastic film around all the buttons and pulling them off (nokia tw wrapped it for me when i pre-ordered it) on my L800 and that seems to have fixed the issue, do you have yours wrapped?
    Yes, my phone is wrapped. Thanks a lot. I'll try...But i don't understand why it's so that.

    hi.hi..My english is not very well...:P
  10. hat3012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    i ended up cutting the plastic film around all the buttons and pulling them off (nokia tw wrapped it for me when i pre-ordered it) on my L800 and that seems to have fixed the issue, do you have yours wrapped?
    Hi Nataku4ca

    Still not fix my phone. Above your meaning is the bodyguard full body of your phone or you must have open hardware. You do it yourself or bring it to Nokia Care?

    Please help...Thanks a lot.:happy:
  11. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hat3012 View Post
    Hi Nataku4ca

    Still not fix my phone. Above your meaning is the bodyguard full body of your phone or you must have open hardware. ...
    mm... how do i say this, its one of those transparent shrink wrap that you would have stores wrap your phone with to protect it again scratches

    we had a choice of having it pre-wrapped when i was preordering in tw

    now the wrap they put on actually have the button half compressed so it was triggering it to lock/unlock on its own, so once i cut it open it released the pressure on the button to it's normal state (i thought the button was suppose to feel squishy until i cut it open then it actually clicks =..=)

    that was my problem, ive also been given suggestions to factory-reset my phone, that apparently is what fixes the issue for some ppl, i can't confirm that

    if you are still within warranty (well, probably/definitely have it lol) i would bring it in if you bought it in your country, i had it preordered in tw then brought over by my gf's dad to Canada so i couldn't do that

    hope you get it fixed :) i know how annoying that gets

    NOTE: if you have wrapping like i do, what i did was just use a razor blade and run it along the edges of the button between the cracks, but if u can bring it in for warranty thats a safer bet
    Thanked by:
    hat3012 likes this.
  12. hat3012's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    mm... how do i say this, its one of those transparent shrink wrap that you would have stores wrap your phone with to protect it again scratches

    we had a choice of having it pre-wrapped when i was preordering in tw

    now the wrap they put on actually have the button half compressed so it was triggering it to lock/unlock on its own, so once i cut it open it released the pressure on the button to it's normal state (i thought the button was suppose to feel squishy until i cut it open then it actually clicks =..=)

    that was my problem, ive also been given suggestions to factory-reset my phone, that apparently is what fixes the issue for some ppl, i can't confirm that

    if you are still within warranty (well, probably/definitely have it lol) i would bring it in if you bought it in your country, i had it preordered in tw then brought over by my gf's dad to Canada so i couldn't do that

    hope you get it fixed :) i know how annoying that gets

    NOTE: if you have wrapping like i do, what i did was just use a razor blade and run it along the edges of the button between the cracks, but if u can bring it in for warranty thats a safer bet
    Hi Nataku4ca

    Thank you very much :)
  13. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    428 Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by hat3012 View Post
    Hi Nataku4ca

    Thank you very much :)
    no problem ;)

Posting Permissions