Subject says it all... does the 800 support tethering? I found an Engadget review that claimed it does not, but perhaps this has been resolved in the meantime? Thanks to anyone who knows...

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Not yet.
    Thanked by:

Thanks RustyU. Do you have any idea whether this is a hardware or software problem? If it's software, then conceivably it could be patched in the future...

EDIT: Duh, 10 seconds of Googling answered my own question... Nokia says it's a software problem and will be patched.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Fingers crossed it will come soon, especially for wi-fi hotspot. It means I'll be able to browse the net on my iPad at work without having a tiny screen!

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    I'm also hoping for this to come out... i mean, c'mon Nokia! HTC and Samsung WP phones already have this!

Nokia have already said they plan on adding tethering at a later date. They blamed the FCC initially. Having had some dealings with them they can take a lonnnngg time to approve things so who knows what the issue is with Nokia the Lumia and the FCC.

Global Posts
    651 Global Posts
    Dont know whats the Nokia's B.S. on this, as HTC and Samsung already have the internet sharing on their phones.
    This, plus having No Skype despite being promised since Sept. 2011 are the reasons why I'm selling my Lumia and getting an iPhone 4/4s or a Galaxy S2..

Microsoft doesn't seem very attractive lately, specially when they will be launching all the exclusive xbox titles for both iPhone and Android.

I really want tethering, its the one thing I cant say YEP to when people ask me a list of thing this thing can do.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Yeah, i need tethering...cant believe they didnt add this from day 1.....

Please Nokia, hurry up with this, my wp is on the best free data plan and i cant use it enough until i have tethering (wifi preferred)....

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    So, anyone heard anything from Barcelona on this?
    Id really like someone to confront Nokia reps there on this.....