Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    Anyone think this will happen now with Lumia 900 out?

I like the added features of the 900 but like the size of the 800...what a pickle! i don't wanna have to buy an iphone!

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Of course it wont.

Maybe a Lumia 810 (or whatever) might appear with one, I guess. I don't know why everyone is suddenly obsessed with front facing camera's anyway. I had one on my SE W900i, never used it. Had one on my Nokia N95, never used it. Didn't have one on my Nexus One, didn't care. Had one on my Optimus 2X, never used it. Don't have one on my Lumia 800, don't care :lol:

It would definitely have a different numbering if one came out with a ffc. Rusty is right in that it would probably be called the 810 or something similar. I don't see that on Nokia's plan right now. They've commented on how hard it was to get the 800 internals and externals just right and how precise they had to make it so that it would still work in mass manufacturing. I don't see them changing something like this without introducing an entire new line or something that looks entirely different from the L800.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Global Posts
    1,109 Global Posts
    ahhh ok. But they haven't ditched the 3.7in and 4.0in screens I hope. :)

No, they're bringing the same phone to the US, with the added frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyU View Post
    I don't know why everyone is suddenly obsessed with front facing camera's anyway. I had one on my SE W900i, never used it. Had one on my Nokia N95, never used it. Didn't have one on my Nexus One, didn't care. Had one on my Optimus 2X, never used it. Don't have one on my Lumia 800, don't care :lol:
    So very much this. I've had a bunch of phones with front facing cameras, probably tried it once to see the quality and never used it after that. Not only that; friends, family and relatives with iPhone 4 and Android handsets also never use Facetime or video calls.

I accept that it may be important to some people but the vast majority want it only because it's been advertised as something they should want.

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Different strokes for different folks. A ffc is a must for me which is why I ended up with a Titan and not an 800.

Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lng0004 View Post
    No, they're bringing the same phone to the US, with the added frequency.
    Do note, that is not a pentaband phone, rather the aggregate listing of two separate variants (check out the anandtech review of it for more info).

Global Posts
    676 Global Posts
    i have an idea: we can use a mirror like this Iseeu Adds Front-Facing Camera to iPhone 3gs, Sorta. - Technabob
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,031 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fbloise View Post
    i have an idea: we can use a mirror like this Iseeu Adds Front-Facing Camera to iPhone 3gs, Sorta. - Technabob
    LOL! Who's going to carry an ISeeYou around. :D
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

If they had the Pink with a FFC and TMobile bands my fiance would go absolutely bananas.

**** the 710 looks awesome to her with the Pink back but without a FFC she's not going to be happy.