09-24-2013, 12:43 PM #2
- 2,877 Posts
How to use Glance Screen to save battery - Harsh but true response, Don't use any of those.
Thanks to 720's screen IPS LCD it eats up battery like crazy, period.
09-25-2013, 03:56 AM #5
- 2,877 Posts
Make sure to turn that off at night, unless you wake up periodically to stare at the screen ;)
09-27-2013, 12:03 PM #11
- 17 Posts
Glance has only been offered on Lumia 720 Amber to keep population happy. It really shouldn't be there considering Nokia's selling point for L720 was "Smartphone with long battery life". With IPS LCD, Glance is only good enough for draining your battery even faster. Dont use it. Just press the middle button and have your own glance at the time and put it back into the pocket. That saves battery. And with Nokia hardware, you dont have to worry about button getting damaged due to excessive use
- 09-27-2013, 09:46 PM #13
Peek - (I recommend this)
Auto-off timeout becomes much shorter. 15 seconds I think?
Can be woken up by waving over proximity sensor or taken out of pocket.
I use this on my IPS LCD - equipped 920 and love it. but do know it uses up more power than its AMOLED counterparts like the 820, 925...
On for 15 minutes (?) (except when the proximiy sensor detects its against an object e.g. pocket, then it turns off)
Always On -
I wonder what this does.
- 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM #14
-Always On and Interval will behave like Peek if you're on battery saver.
-Likewise, Peek and Interval will behave like Always On when you're charging.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- By Arpit Mittal in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 29Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:00 AM
- By deadwrong03 in forum Upcoming and Rumored TabletsReplies: 12Last Post: 10-19-2013, 06:20 AM
- By jswantek in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 6Last Post: 09-27-2013, 03:10 PM
- By Rap Attack in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2013, 04:17 PM
- By wpp8fan in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2013, 11:31 AM