Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OzRob
  1. Sachin Prabhu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #1  
    wp_ss_20130820_0001.pngwp_ss_20130820_0002.pngwp_ss_20130820_0003.pngwp_ss_20130820_0004.pngwp_ss_20130820_0005%5B1%5D.png

    hello der , nw its around 1 month i got lumia 720 n frm d day i gt mobile battery lasts max of 1 day whereas i expected it to last 2 days :/ is this normal ? :/ wid data packet on it wont last even one day.. other than battery issue i luv my phone :) i need opinion abt battery :/ tnq
  2. #2  
    If you use Cellular Data, it won't even last one day, especiallyif you keep it enabled during standby.

    If you do nothing to it, it should last around a week.
    Apparently, there is not a single trace of Segoe UI on this forum.
    Thanked by:
  3. OzRob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    582 Posts
    Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin Prabhu View Post
    hello der , nw its around 1 month i got lumia 720 n frm d day i gt mobile battery lasts max of 1 day whereas i expected it to last 2 days :/ is this normal ? :/ wid data packet on it wont last even one day.. other than battery issue i luv my phone :) i need opinion abt battery :/ tnq
    I have 3G data, wifi and Bluetooth always enabled (though not necessarily connected) on my Lumia 720 and it lasts generally about 48 hours before it needs a recharge (I'm a fairly light user). So your figures don't look right - unless you're browsing the internet or streaming music/videos for several hours a day, in which case you're getting what you'd expect.

    The first thing to know is what apps are you running? Things like WhatsApp (the original version) caused excessive and continuous battery drain. The Facebook app has also been reported as causing battery drain on some phones.

    You also need to look at what apps are allowed to run in the background. You should disable background running for any apps where you don't consider it essential.

    Check you email download frequencies on all email accounts. If they're set to download on demand and you have multiple accounts, try setting them to download on a schedule (say every half hour).
  4. Pulserider's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    131 Posts
    #4  
    My Lumia 720 can reach 2 days aswell and I'm a medium user browsing / whatsapp/ facebook. My experience is that when I installed the Twitter application it drained my battery faster than normal. Look for applications that constant connect to the internet and try to limit that and see how things go.
    Thanked by:
  5. taymur's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    645 Posts
    #5  
    do you have SKYPE always online? it effects the battery really bad. if your phone can survive two days it will drop to one.
    Thanked by:
  6. Sachin Prabhu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #6  
    no i wont use skype via mobile :) only via laptop :)
  7. Sachin Prabhu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
       #7  
    yea i use fb n wtsapp lot :/ n i've allowed only battery , wtsapp , wechat in background n blocked rest of d apps .. n i've set d preferences for email as u said :) n d result is just nearly 27 hrs battery life :/
  8. Nightwishh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #8  
    I get 2 days use on my 720 with WiFi and GPS always on, sometimes WiFi off and data on ( rarely ). 3 email accounts sync,some Facebook. I would say you have a problem with your battery.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sachin Prabhu View Post
    yea i use fb n wtsapp lot :/ n i've allowed only battery , wtsapp , wechat in background n blocked rest of d apps .. n i've set d preferences for email as u said :) n d result is just nearly 27 hrs battery life :/
    You can't get 2 day battery life on a heavy usage. If u use wifi,Bluetooth,NFC,GPS,3G the battery won't last for a day. If u r a moderate usage I will suggest you turn on the mobile Internet from settings when u need it. Unless close,wifi,Bluetooth,NFC and location services. Turn the battery saver mode to on and keep the brightness level to low,disable automatic updates,email sync,brightness to low and this will help u gain atleast 2 hours battery life. If u don't use skydrive for images. Turn of the auto upload images to skydrive. It drains a lot of battery. These are some tips on how to conserve battery on windows phone.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    I have 3G data, wifi and Bluetooth always enabled (though not necessarily connected) on my Lumia 720 and it lasts generally about 48 hours before it needs a recharge (I'm a fairly light user). So your figures don't look right - unless you're browsing the internet or streaming music/videos for several hours a day, in which case you're getting what you'd expect.

    The first thing to know is what apps are you running? Things like WhatsApp (the original version) caused excessive and continuous battery drain. The Facebook app has also been reported as causing battery drain on some phones.

    You also need to look at what apps are allowed to run in the background. You should disable background running for any apps where you don't consider it essential.

    Check you email download frequencies on all email accounts. If they're set to download on demand and you have multiple accounts, try setting them to download on a schedule (say every half hour).
    Why , is there another version of whatsapp,sir?
  11. OzRob's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    582 Posts
    Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo View Post
    Why , is there another version of whatsapp,sir?
    Not sure, I don't use it. But I heard the developer was working on/releasing a version that didn't rely on an audio API hack to keep the app alive in the background. Not sure if this is now out. Perhaps someone who uses WhatsApp can confirm.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    Not sure, I don't use it. But I heard the developer was working on/releasing a version that didn't rely on an audio API hack to keep the app alive in the background. Not sure if this is now out. Perhaps someone who uses WhatsApp can confirm.
    oh okay sir. thanks a lot for the info.

    BTW, another dumb question, will the whatsapp run in the background even with the Battery Saver activated?
  13. naganumolu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #13  
    It runs. But there will be delay for incoming messages.

    Sent from my WP8 using Tapatalk
  14. Saikat Halder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    18 Posts
    #14  
    I don't think it is normal, I have heard from my friend who has L720, his batter lasts 3 days, bt my battery lasts 1 or 1.5days. I will sugegst u go to nokia care go for a thorough check up of this phone.

    in the mean time u can try these to increase battery life:
    1. switch of bluetooth, data connection, wifi when not in use.
    2. use nokia xpress browser rather than UC browser, it will save battery
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saikat Halder View Post
    I don't think it is normal, I have heard from my friend who has L720, his batter lasts 3 days, bt my battery lasts 1 or 1.5days. I will sugegst u go to nokia care go for a thorough check up of this phone.

    in the mean time u can try these to increase battery life:
    1. switch of bluetooth, data connection, wifi when not in use.
    2. use nokia xpress browser rather than UC browser, it will save battery
    Thanks for the tip...i just wish IE browser could be uninstalled.
  16. #16  
    Battery back up will vary from phone to phone as no two users will have the same usage pattern. There a plenty of threads on how to improve battery life.

    BTW what's wrong with IE?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav Paul View Post
    Battery back up will vary from phone to phone as no two users will have the same usage pattern. There a plenty of threads on how to improve battery life.

    BTW what's wrong with IE?
    slow when im on data...i am using Incognito Browser as for now..but it has ads. :( any good browsers out there???
  18. #18  
    Could be that your data connection is slow? Never found IE slow. Anyways, you could give UC Browser a try.
  19. #19  
    2 days with data connection on and 6tag , weather, facebook,whatsapp are the background apps

Similar Threads

  1. Lumia 520 SIM error
    By ThaKrazyOne in forum Nokia Lumia 520
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 07:55 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM
  3. Amber Update available for Nokia lumia 820 in india....!!
    By Shishir Girjapurkar in forum Nokia Lumia 520
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 11:57 PM
  4. Lumia 925 coming to other carriers??
    By bryantest in forum Nokia Lumia 925
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

B