- 08-02-2013, 11:59 AM #1
My lumia 720 suddenly crashes/shutdowns and doesn't respond.
Even after pressing the power button for some time or using the reset keys .
Takes about half an hour to power on.
This is really killing me .
Any idea why this is happening , any resolutions
- 08-05-2013, 12:18 PM #3
Hi Laura Knotek
I have installed the following apps
adobe reader , battery , birthdays diary , compass , dictionary , economic times , fb , fantasia painter , gmail , hike , indianrail , mapmyindia, moneycontrol , myexpenses, newshunt , mynotes , onenote ,outlook , quicksettings, skydrive , twitter , whatsapp , youtubehd , yahoo mail , temple run , mycountry.
08-06-2013, 10:19 AM #5
- 1 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my phone. It freezes and I am unable to restart it. This is only one of the many problems plaguing my 720. I contacted Nokia and they refuse to help me because my phone wasn't intended for the US market. They say that I have to send the phone to the UK to get it repaired and the warranty won't cover it. I bought the phone unlocked from Expansys USA, spent $350 and received a completely broken device that Nokia is unwilling to fix. This is maddening. Will never purchase another Nokia again.
- 08-06-2013, 11:40 AM #6
I got a call from NOKIA customer care about this query.
They said that its a feature which hard resets the phone in case of bad applications or more number of apps running in the background or some other issues.
Its intended to function for this purpose. But they also said that they are hearing many complaints in this case even though there isn't the above said problems.They also said that they fixed this bug and it would be coming along with the AMBER update releasing on this weekend.
08-07-2013, 07:29 AM #7
- 27 Posts
My Lumia 720 didn't start at all. and now its with Nokia care. I really love this phone and want to use it for a long time. But, there is some issue with this particular handset and I am not alone. I may prefer to switch to something else..
I have paid and want service in return. Here even creating a classic songs playlist is a pain for 1hr.
I don't care who is the king, who is holding the most market blah blah..
09-18-2013, 10:21 PM #8
- 2 Posts
Currently my LUMIA 720 is switched off due to some unknown reason, actually i was jus lookin at my phone and it switched off suddenly. Its been 12hrs!! still i'm unable to switch on it...i tried everything, i.e. kept on holding all the buttons for some time....but the problem still persists....Plz help me....
- 09-18-2013, 11:22 PM #9
- Plug phone into charger and wait for an hour.
- Soft reset: hold Power + Volume Down buttons for 15 seconds and then release.
- Remove SIM card AND SD card and try to power on the phone or do soft reset
- Last resort-WARNING this will reset the phone and all settings to factory defaults- Hard reset: Hold Power + Vol Down + Camera Key for about 15 secs until phone vibrates, then release power button and hold Volume Down and Camera for a further five seconds.
09-22-2013, 10:07 AM #10
- 13 Posts
This happens due to a notifications bug. It's annoying and nobody knows how to fix it and Nokia and Microsoft are being oblivious about it.
This same issues pops up on Lumia 620 too. When this happens, soft-reset device by holding cameravolume down and power for 10 secs, then release. Don't forget to set date and time again after that (another WP8 bug)
Last edited by dysje; 09-23-2013 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Oops.
- 09-23-2013, 02:25 AM #13
- By drewsuruncle in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 5Last Post: 09-29-2013, 10:57 AM
- By hopmedic in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 18Last Post: 08-09-2013, 10:32 PM
- By Matt Krei in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 9Last Post: 08-07-2013, 07:37 AM
- By Amal Francis in forum HTC 8XReplies: 3Last Post: 08-02-2013, 12:59 PM