Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

I had big problem with my lumia 720.just bought it yesterday,but when i woke up this morning it turned off.thought the battery is dead so i charged it.but after 4 hours it still can't switch on.please help me to solve this problem anybody??

i had the same issue too. My phone is currently with Nokia care waiting for them to get back to me.

try soft-resetting! Hold power and volume down for like 10 seconds and wait for the phone to vibrate.
    if this doesn't solve try an hard reset (warning! it will factory reset your phone!): hold power, volume down and camera until the phone vibrates.

if those 2 solution doesn't work.. probably is an hardware issue :(
    Thanks Alexaner! I had similar issue with my one day old Lumia 720. The Soft reset option worked fine for me.
    Ambassador

The soft reset always works, no matter what :)

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    Thank u very much.. U saved a lot of time and money for me.. Thanks a load
    Buddy alexander your tip help me a lot

the soft resetting worked for me.but why thiese issues??

Thanks AlexanderPD ....it worked for me....Holding power and volume down for like 10 seconds and the phone vibrates and reboots....but may I know why the phone turns off while charging.....

Really appreciate AlexanderPD.... :)

thanks alexander its work

thanks alexander.....that soft reset worked.....thanks a lot

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks Alexandar, The hard reset option was awesome and worked very well. Simply great.

guys...i am want to buy red lumia 720..but many said that color will fade out fastly..is it true????????

Quote Originally Posted by nadh View Post
    guys...i am want to buy red lumia 720..but many said that color will fade out fastly..is it true????????
    Please stop posting the same question on multiple threads.
    Thanked by:
    ace_dxb likes this.
    Thanks AlexanderPD...Soft book worked well for my day old 720.

For Lumia 720 press volume down key + power button for 15 seconds untill it vibrate.....it will then reset and start...
    Thank you very much ,the soft reset worked for me , I just bought the device 4 days back and suddenly it stopped to work nothing had been worked power button,volume button, then I searched it in google then I saw your post within a minute my device worked by following your instructions thank you very much and I want to know more information u did a good job please continue.-------Thanks AlexanerPD

I did the soft reset & it worked for me. Initially my phone wasn't powering off but after holding down the volume & power button, it vibrated & resetted

My phone too switched off all of a sudden. The soft reset did work but am concerned as to why it happened considering the fact that its a new phone. Alexander PD, kindly answer the query if you are aware. What can possibly go wrong?

Thanks alexander!!!
    That soft reset worked...

Thanks Buddy, i had the same problem and Hard booting work, else i was about to go to nokia care. you saved my Rs. 500/- transportation fare.

Thanks a Trillion AlexanderPD, you saved my one day worth of visiting Nokia Care at Siliguri which is 75 km distance from my place.
    I will ever remain grateful to you.
    Thanks once again.

I too faced same problem:
    1. Inserted a new Sandisk MicroSD card to my new (2 days old) Lumia720
    2. Powered ON
    3. Phone worked fine for 2 minutes and then hanged
    4. Power off
    5. Try to power on .. but phone doesnt come up...actually nothing happens no vobration nothing as iof it is dead :(

How it got resolved:
    Press the power and volume down buttons at teh same time .. it does a hard(er) reest.. phone comes up again

Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shravan shukla View Post
    Press the power and volume down buttons at teh same time .. it does a hard(er) reest.. phone comes up again
    The term you are looking for is a 'soft' reset.

Soft reset (Power + Volume Down for around 15 secs until phone vibrates) performs pretty much the same action as disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it. It simply reboots the phone and causes the operating system to restart. No data, settings or apps are lost.

Hard reset (Settings > About phone > reset or Power + Volume Down + Camera Button for about 15 seconds, then lift finger off camera button and follow onscreen instructions) completely resets your phone to its factory defaults, deleting your personal data, settings and downloaded apps. After doing this you will need to setup the phone from scratch again.

Turning off the phone (pressing the Power button for a few seconds and then swiping down the confirmation screen) should do pretty much the same thing as a soft reset, so I'm not sure why some people are getting different results with this. Perhaps someone else knows if there's a difference between a soft reset and a normal power down (other than powering down doesn't restart the phone straight away and can't be used if the phone has frozen).

Just in 72hrs Lumia 720 is dead !!
    I plugged in the charger yesterday and its boom. There were atleast 5 people at Nokia care for similar or different issuses with Lumia 720.
    However they refused to replace the device after a lot of argument. Then I went to the shop from where I bought it as he promised me to replace it with in 5 days.
    Now, waiting for the new device. As it comes I am going to sell it to the shop owner or in OLx.
    I bought this phone with a lot of expections from NOKIA and TRUST for quality. I am DONE !! They don't deserve it.

Good bye MS and NOKIA .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast