Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

I have already read and done guides in how to prolong your battery life and
    I already turned off the location,wifi, bluetooth, background tasks and such, but i still get this battery.

wp_ss_20130504_0001.png

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thanks to Nokia Care who took my phone for almost 3 months to fix it.
    Last edited by FrostFayre; 07-05-2013 at 06:13 PM.

This shouldn't happen, even with battery saver off, 3G and wifi on...

Quote Originally Posted by FrostFayre View Post
    I have already read and done guides in how to prolong your battery life and
    I already turned off the location,wifi, bluetooth, background tasks and such, but i still get this battery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20130504_0001.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	33382

I left my device in standby mode with 35% battery, after 8 hours I only have 8%.
    Can't even last a day.
    Is this normal?
    (I bought my Lumia 720 3 days ago.)

did you charge your phone full for the 1st charge?
    drain the battery completely till it shuts down,and den full charge the phone till 100%
    Try downloading a Battery app that monitors your battery depletion rate.
    And try optimizing the settings for normal use, like 3g on, battery saver off, just like the setting son how you would normally use the phone.

And, do a ONE FULL DISCHARGE AND CHARGE to calibrate the gauge of your battery.

If the problem persists, contact Nokia Care. They're speedy in response.
    White Hot Lumia 720 On Board
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Ok thanks guys!
    I'll try these.
    Thanked by:
    Ciao Ciao likes this.

i had a similar behaviour after playing with "cut the rope: experiments"!
    i closed the app normally by pressing the home button, but it was still opened in the fast app switch menu. In normal conditions closed app should be hibernate but seems like that game wasn't, i had to manually close it from inside the game.

Maybe you have some other app that drains your battery off, try to press the back button until they are all closed!
    Thanked by:
    Ciao Ciao likes this.
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderPD View Post
    i had a similar behaviour after playing with "cut the rope: experiments"!
    i closed the app normally by pressing the home button, but it was still opened in the fast app switch menu. In normal conditions closed app should be hibernate but seems like that game wasn't, i had to manually close it from inside the game.

Maybe you have some other app that drains your battery off, try to press the back button until they are all closed!
    Sigh, those apps are 'paused', and they 'do not' drain your battery. This is not the man's droid OS.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Windows Phone 8 is still buggy and alot of times app processes get stuck , even when apps are closed. This drains the battery alot.

It's good to do a soft reset any time you notice abnormal battery drain on your phone as this kills that rogue process.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Windows Phone 8 is still buggy and alot of times app processes get stuck , even when apps are closed. This drains the battery alot.

It's good to do a soft reset any time you notice abnormal battery drain on your phone as this kills that rogue process.
    How do you do a soft reset on the 720?
    FrostFayre likes this.

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    To perform a soft reset: remove the back cover from your phone and remove the battery. Re-insert the battery and replace the back cover and restart your device.

To perform a soft reset: remove the back cover from your phone and remove the battery. Re-insert the battery and replace the back cover and restart your device.
    the 720 is unibody; there is no back cover to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by OzRob View Post
    hold power button and volume down together until the device restarts. Though, I really don't see how a soft reset will help. Maybe a hard reset is in order if this continues to be an issue.
    Thanked by:
    OzRob 

Facebook Beta is the reason.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamakii View Post
    Facebook Beta is the reason.
    That's a pretty confident statement given that you don't even know if the OP has the Facebook Beta app installed. Or does the Facebook Beta app affect all phones, even those that don't have it installed?
    anon5997486 likes this.

I wouldn't worry about it. For example, sometimes it shows me that estimate time remaining is for example 1 day, then after few minutes it shows me 4 days, all depends on what apps/processes are currently being used. If you turn off everything and look at battery saver settings after few minutes the remaining time will change :)
    Ambassador

I can't stop weeping because you know nothing about 720.
    To do a soft reset you need to hold the power and volume down key while the phone is off, thats what Nokia chat told me.

I can make a custom wallpaper for you for no cost :) just hit me up & check my wallpaper thread - here
    My Comic Book - Its about Iphone 5s and Innovation Click here
    jaywp8 and Cinderella RT like this.

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
    I can't stop weeping because you know nothing about 720.
    To do a soft reset you need to hold the power and volume down key while the phone is off, thats what Nokia chat told me.
    Weep away.

I'm sorry that I do not know every single detail about every single phone.

My apologies.
    Tommy Ramone likes this.

It same happen with me. After i uninstall Official New YouTube Update (3.0.0.1) of Microsoft it become correct. When it was installed its shows me 1 Day 15 hours with 100% charged (Wifi, Location Activated with Battery Saving Mode), after i uninstall i reset ( Vol Down + Power) it then wait for 12 hour with 100% charge. It starts giving correct i think (Like Before) saying 6 days 19 hrs. Hope this will help.

Note: I am using Facebook Beta, Seems its have no issue with this.

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raju_taran View Post
    It same happen with me. After i uninstall Official New YouTube Update (3.0.0.1) of Microsoft it become correct. When it was installed its shows me 1 Day 15 hours with 100% charged (Wifi, Location Activated with Battery Saving Mode), after i uninstall i reset ( Vol Down + Power) it then wait for 12 hour with 100% charge. It starts giving correct i think (Like Before) saying 6 days 19 hrs. Hope this will help.

Note: I am using Facebook Beta, Seems its have no issue with this.
    The estimated time reaming is not accurate. Once you start to use your phone, it will go down.
    nfsleo07 likes this.

what is the expected time remaining for a 100%charged lumia 720...ANY IDEA???

Quote Originally Posted by arpit8070 View Post
    what is the expected time remaining for a 100%charged lumia 720...ANY IDEA???
    I use mine heavily. It said 1 day, 1 hour this morning at 100%.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I tried to play Heroes of Larkwood straight from 100% off charge down to 15% can take 6-8 hours. Video streaming will last 5 hours.

Never turned battery saver ON since purchase.With moderate use it can last 24-26 hours, below is my usage pattern.

1 hour browsing through IE and News Apps, downloading apps and updates(I am limited to 1hour 3G data connection per day);
    2-3 hours playing games;
    20 sms;
    10 mins call;
    6 hours straight listening to music from personal collection;
    6 App allowed to run in background, 4 live tiles pinned to start/home..native apps not counted(battery app, weather app, das image & Basketball live).

My first full charge down takes 63h. In this time:
    2h call
    10 sms
    2 hours listening music from sd card
    1 hour browsing internet and install app (20 min via 3G, 40 min via WiFi)
    1 hour gps usage

3G and data transfer off, except install apps and internet browsing

Ya mine too. i browse may be for 30 minutes... calls 30 mins.... fidget with apps for may be 45 mins... sms maybe 10 .... still its going down fast. My phone is one week old and i have fully charged it maybe two times.. Any suggestions pls .... (With 2000 Mah I thought it would last 2 days... :()

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vampirevaz View Post
    Ya mine too. i browse may be for 30 minutes... calls 30 mins.... fidget with apps for may be 45 mins... sms maybe 10 .... still its going down fast. My phone is one week old and i have fully charged it maybe two times.. Any suggestions pls .... (With 2000 Mah I thought it would last 2 days... :()
    Go to Settings, swipe to Aplications and then select Background Tasks. Have a look at what's listed. Click on any apps that you don't need to run in the background and block them. If HERE Drive Beta is listed, make sure you block it - it is known to sometimes cause battery drain issues when allowed to run in the background.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast