Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

So, in the end, they want me to contact Nokia/my contracter and get my phone replaced. I am just waiting for WP8.

Sorry to hear that.

At least you've heard from them though. They keep closing my trouble ticket with out contacting me.

Well finally heard from Microsoft support, here is what I got:
    "From the information provided I see you are receiving error code 80070017 when trying to update your Windows phone. This error indicates an issue with your computer contacting Microsoft update, this is necessary for updates to come through to your phone. There is additional information regarding this error on the Windows forum here. One thing I would try doing before any other troubleshootin would be try and run and install available Microsoft updates for your PC. Please do this without the phone connected to the PC."

I don't buy it. My PC has given me no issues, and I always keep it up to date. Not to mention that I've tried updating my phone now on three different PC's. Guess I'm stuck never getting TANGO.

I'm going to install the Windows RTM from Dreamspark because I know that's up to date and its looking pretty slick. If I have success, you'll be the first to know.

No luck at all... Oh well xD

Sorry to hear, guess we're left with trade in a perfectly functioning phone in the hopes that the new one will allow the update or wait for the Windows 8 phones.

I will be waiting for another Nokia phone running wp8.

Well if you believe this post it appears that Nokia released several different hardware versions of the 710 in the US. Not all of which appear to be compatable with the update.

Support: Lumia 710 Update Error 80070017

Guess will see if I have better luck, as my 710 died last night (was working when I plugged it in last night, but was dead this morning). Took it to T-mobile and they are shipping me a replacement unit. Maybe it will update. Come on Windows 8.

Well looks like I spoke to soon. I was able to do a hard reset on my phone, and it's now back up and running. Should I call T-mobile and cancel the replacement or wait til it arrives and see if it will up update to 7.8 before sending one back? My other concern is what made my phone crash to start with?

Sorry about the lack of response.. school and all that. I haven't got a contract with tmobile for my phone; I bought it off of Craigslist so I'm not sure if I could replace it through them or Nokia for that matter. The news you delivered is simply impeccable though. I hope there's a way around way the one we were delivered. As for my responses, I'll send you a message with my email so that we can further discuss our predicament and then relay to those who are reading this forum.

Has anybody managed to get an answer or some results?

Unfortunately no. Nokia tech support was less than helpful, and everything I've found on the web and tried has failed.

I suppose we'll need new phones.

Only if you can't live with out any of the features in 8773 or 7.8. If your phone is working great and will still run the apps you want, then I would say no you don't need a new phone. I will say though that the HTC 8X looks nice.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Mine seems to be working fine. It lags when I have all my internet tabs open and such so I have to keep tabs on that. Other than those issues though, it works like a charm. Those rumors on the "surface phone" have got me waiting on the edge of my seat.

Po_MD and others good luck with your 710's, though it is a good phone I just couldn't resist the 8X.

Nice! Nokia gave me a courtesy replacement. I'm holding out on new hardware until I hear more about this alleged "Surface Phone".

Glad you were able to get your phone swapped out, the 710 is still a good phone. Hopefully you will here about the Surface phone soon.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234