Ok guys, my HTC Wildfire is driving me nuts and has to go... but as I have no longer have any intention whatsoever to spend 350 sim free Lumia 800 from amazon before WP8 comes out, has anyone got an idea of where I can nab a 710 in the UK for a half decent price?

To give some background, my girlfriend and I got iPhone 4's on a contract July 2010. February of this year the misses managed to drop hers in the sink so she got mine leaving me needing a cheap 2nd hand handset. I thought I was getting a good deal with a Wildfire, I hadn't owned a Droid before and I was VERY disappointed... Laggy, unresponsive and with a battery that with very minimal use and all data turned off barely lasts 12 hours... Not to be repeated.

Living on the Isle of Man, phones are insanely expensive (the 710 is 310 sim locked on Manx Telecom) so this time around I am going to buy a sim free phone and just get a cheap contract until i can blag a WP8 handset so its time to trawl the net... With Phones4u, and the rest no longer offering the 710 for under 150 sim free, has anyone seen a decent deal recently?

I saw that German place so I will look there but if anyone else seed anything, could they give a heads up?

Yes... I have had some of the most dire phones of all time

I'm no connoisseur of the UK, but you could try Craigslist.
    Carphone Warehouse. If you buy before end of June, you get it for 130 and get 20 app voucher free.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    Ps: Got myself one just recently. It has surprisingly good battery life. 3 days on 2g with data.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Hanks for the suggestions guys but Craigslist is nowhere near as big in the UK as it is in the US and unfortunately there isn't a Carphone Warehouse on the Isle of Man so I am limited to Online, where only the 610 (which I am not keen on so much with the spec cutback) and the 8/900's which cost more than I am willing to pay for a phone I may only keep for 6-12 months until a WP8 handset I really like comes out...

The best I have found so far is 177 on Amazon from a reseller (which I am reluctant to use due to potentiaal lack of support down the line), 200 from Amazon themselves or About 150 buying from Cyberport in Germany, but that could take forever to arrive...

I suppose my main gripe is that I have missed all the deals like Phones4u's 99 handsets, yea I know that it's all luck but I just begrudge paying so much over the odds...

Yes... I have had some of the most dire phones of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Speedysloth View Post
    Ok guys, my HTC Wildfire is driving me nuts and has to go... but as I have no longer have any intention whatsoever to spend 350 sim free Lumia 800 from amazon before WP8 comes out, has anyone got an idea of where I can nab a 710 in the UK for a half decent price?

To give some background, my girlfriend and I got iPhone 4's on a contract July 2010. February of this year the misses managed to drop hers in the sink so she got mine leaving me needing a cheap 2nd hand handset. I thought I was getting a good deal with a Wildfire, I hadn't owned a Droid before and I was VERY disappointed... Laggy, unresponsive and with a battery that with very minimal use and all data turned off barely lasts 12 hours... Not to be repeated.

Living on the Isle of Man, phones are insanely expensive (the 710 is 310 sim locked on Manx Telecom) so this time around I am going to buy a sim free phone and just get a cheap contract until i can blag a WP8 handset so its time to trawl the net... With Phones4u, and the rest no longer offering the 710 for under 150 sim free, has anyone seen a decent deal recently?

I saw that German place so I will look there but if anyone else seed anything, could they give a heads up?
    Let me give you a peace of golden advice here :
    If you're coming from an iPhone and liked the features, trust me, don't buy a WP.
    You'll be very dissapointed, as I was. Still am.
    Not to bust anyone's balls or spreading bad news, but I have a 710 and it is the most boring OS I've ever touched on a cell. And trust me, it won't get much more interesting especially for a Lumia. Except if you like waiting around, and then some more, for an update to get one little extra feature that should've been there in the first place. And then when it finally should be available, still nothing. You'd also be a part of that scene, and it will keep going on like this, don't doubt that.
    Coming from an iPhone, I take it you like an EQ, or some bass boost or something to go with the musicplayer on that phone ? Well, forget it. Even that we will never see on a Lumia! You like some sort of decent backup/restore feature to go with that phone ? Well forget it, only thing you can do with a Lumia is reverting to the previous update or resetting without data preservation. I had to reset three times in a month, and every time had to start it from scratch. very funny, MS! Say you would like to use another Live account as primary, you will have to reset your phone and there is no way around that. And if you don't like hundreds and hundreds of contacts on your phone you would have to use a Live account with a blank contactlist to get around that, which would off course require a hard reset...and...oh yeah, no backup option. Seems like a rant don't it? But this is just a heads up, cause lots of ppl have been truly deeply dissapointed this way. Peace bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by genuine555 View Post
    Let me give you a peace of golden advice here :
    If you're coming from an iPhone and liked the features, trust me, don't buy a WP.
    You'll be very dissapointed, as I was. Still am.
    Not to bust anyone's balls or spreading bad news, but I have a 710 and it is the most boring OS I've ever touched on a cell. And trust me, it won't get much more interesting especially for a Lumia. Except if you like waiting around, and then some more, for an update to get one little extra feature that should've been there in the first place. And then when it finally should be available, still nothing. You'd also be a part of that scene, and it will keep going on like this, don't doubt that.
    Coming from an iPhone, I take it you like an EQ, or some bass boost or something to go with the musicplayer on that phone ? Well, forget it. Even that we will never see on a Lumia! You like some sort of decent backup/restore feature to go with that phone ? Well forget it, only thing you can do with a Lumia is reverting to the previous update or resetting without data preservation. I had to reset three times in a month, and every time had to start it from scratch. very funny, MS! Say you would like to use another Live account as primary, you will have to reset your phone and there is no way around that. And if you don't like hundreds and hundreds of contacts on your phone you would have to use a Live account with a blank contactlist to get around that, which would off course require a hard reset...and...oh yeah, no backup option. Seems like a rant don't it? But this is just a heads up, cause lots of ppl have been truly deeply dissapointed this way. Peace bro.
    I agree with the above...the Lumia 710 isn't worth the 99.90 I paid for it unlocked, not even with the 20 of apps, free Monster iems, whatever.

I got it as a cheap, disposable but it's not even worth 50 in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by whereismyupdate View Post
    I agree with the above...the Lumia 710 isn't worth the 99.90 I paid for it unlocked, not even with the 20 of apps, free Monster iems, whatever.

I got it as a cheap, disposable but it's not even worth 50 in my opinion.
    Truly spoken. It's a damn shame I say. MS just ripping off. Always been against iPhones, but I think I'd take one now if I got a chance. Steve Jobs is laughing his * off from beyond. His customers at least did get the support they expected to get.