Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    One word: hideous. That is without question the homeliest WP handset so far. Hard to believe that's actually coming from Nokia.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that it's sometimes difficult to accurately verify attribution." ~ Abraham Lincoln
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    Video Review, check out the pricing listed at Engadget. They'll sell a lot of them if that pricing is right for a new phone off contract.

Nokia Lumia 710 hands-on (video) -- Engadget
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    I think it may look OK in a very few select colour schemes, but for the most part it looks nowhere near as classy as low-end, similar priced Android phones or the zero-on-contract iPhone 3GS.

The more I see it, the more I'm really, really surprised at quite *how* bad it looks. Nokia's other mid to low-end handsets don't look this awful. What were they thinking?

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts
    Perhaps in Europe, but IMO any unsubsidized phone that looks that cheap isn't going to make a very big a slash in the U.S. regardless of price. And I think a little of that may be owing in no small part to Nokia not being as highly recognized among the average consumer in this country as it it once was.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that it's sometimes difficult to accurately verify attribution." ~ Abraham Lincoln
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    8,762 Global Posts
    I said the same thing about the orange Nokia N8. Who would want a phone that looks like a pumpkin, but a lot of people liked it. :giggle:

Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Had to laugh at the video on this page:

Nokia Lumia 710 hands-on (video) -- Engadget

Almost the first thing the Nokia Rep says is "as you can see it's beautifully thin".

If that's "beautifully thin", I'd hate to see what he considers fat! A phonebox?

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    The Lumia 710 is listed as coming soon on the Nokia US site.

Nokia Lumia 710 - Nokia - USA

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I dont think it looks that bad. I'd definitely buy one in black with a white back if the price is right.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    One thing that strikes me as odd is that apparently either nobody has noticed this, or nobody has cared to ask it... This device doesn't use a Carl Zeiss optic equipped camera? that just sucks I've looked all over the site to see if it mentions it but it doesn't so apparently this is really REALLY low end then huh?