07-31-2013, 08:53 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Hi I have recently purchased a Lumia 620 from Vurgin mobile here in the UK, it's my first WP. Whilst the handset is unlocked I notice in the about about phone section the carrier is listed as Virgin. Is there any benefit such as faster OS updates etc. of installing a generic firmware? Also is there a guide available as to how to do this?
07-31-2013, 10:17 AM #2
- 3,238 Posts
Unless you've downloaded a generic firmware, I think it is not possible anymore as Nokia as blocked all the firmware downloads.
- By Shawn Jordan in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2013, 04:28 PM
- By mrdeeds_72 in forum HTC 8XReplies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2013, 12:47 AM
- By bsmith859 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 6Last Post: 07-26-2013, 03:06 AM
- By Manuel Bauer in forum HTC 8SReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2013, 11:47 AM
- By flackberry in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 4Last Post: 07-23-2013, 04:31 PM