- 03-16-2013, 05:18 PM #1
this is my first smartphone and I'm pleased with it. However when charging and playing around with apps (not playing games for hours but just using nokia maps or city lense for some time) it is heating up quite fast. the centre of heating is around the camera, which can become quite hot, you won't burn your fingers, but it is unconfortable.
is this just normal? I could hardly find anything regarding this issue on the web.
another question: should the camera button be that wobbly (in comparison to the power button)? there are no clear pressure points in my oppinion. I can take fotos, but sometimes I just don't know when it will trigger (also because of autofocus?). perhaps I have to accomodate?
03-18-2013, 05:35 PM #5
- 755 Posts
It is normal. Your hand is the heatsink. Just use the phone. If your phone is idle, screen off and heating, power it down and restart. Sometimes a task runs wild. That will fix that issue.*** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
03-21-2013, 08:41 AM #6
- 2 Posts
Same here guyz... I bought lumia 620 two weeks back and have found the same problem.... My lumia gets overheated in just about 5 to 10 mins on its usage around the camera surface (that too not even multi-tasking ).... No matter you place your hand around the camera area or not its still the same......its not normal for any smartphone and i will be taking it to nokia care right away...
- 03-22-2013, 12:39 AM #8
Hello lumia 620 User,
I have the same problem.
When i use 'Here city lane' OR 'Here Drive + beta' for just 5 mins, my phone gets overheated.
What should i do ?
should i go to nokia service center or any solution you guys have?
Your replies are appreciated in advance.
- 04-28-2013, 06:11 AM #11
No heating problems found in Android...Most of the windows phones gets heated...As even my friend's phone Samsung Omnia W was heating like we can even cook on it...
in just 2 minutes...My Samsung Nexus S (google phone) never gets heated no matter how much I used it games or 2g...But android lags after sometimes...if 620 heat issue I m not buying it...
- 04-28-2013, 07:20 AM #12
- 06-28-2013, 04:22 AM #15
Guys I've been getting quite a few problems with my lumia 620..
So far problems are:
1) Decreased volume and increased, phone doesnt respond to the change although it shows.
(plugged in headphones, tried again, still doesn't work although sound came out of headphones only. Had to reboot)
2) Quite hot, but not till you can cook something on it :O! (Quite used to it)
3) Phone doesnt respond to touches, needs to shut the screen off with the lock button, and back on before it does again
4) Doesn't auto-connect to WiFi upon unlocking (after waiting, looking at WiFi icon on top), have to manually go into Settings > WiFi and it'll then connect itself (without me pressing)
(Power Saver wasn't on)
5) A lot "Insufficient memory. Please wait while we free up some memory" 1/3... 2/3.... 3/3... I have noticed but My Omnia 7 512RAM doesnt have this issue (of apps crashing cos this memory thing is new in WP8)?
6) Sudden app crashes ( which i suspect is due to the app? )
7) Capacitive keys not responding at times. ( I guess similar to the touchscreen not responding issue above? Same solution too.)
8) HARDWARE: Second time camera button press really hard to take photos with. I use touch capture... Anyone elsee with this problem???
Front facing camera good with enough light! if not everythings all black even in minor low light conditions.
Back camera isn't good, hopefully it is improved in updates? Because everythings so grainy and muddy, audio quality quite soft in recording and unclear if little noise around but good enough
I think thats about it. However, thank god most of the issues do not need any soft reset or rebooting and even hard reset.
Other than these, Great product, for price in US. In Singapore, the cheapest plan @ S$25 a month, the phone costed S$198. Yes thats stupid Singtel for everyone here.
DOWNLOAD ASPHALT 7! Wonderfully smooth, AWESOME! Heat issue cant be noticed much with this high powered game!(maybe too engrossed in it? :P)
Even Temple Run runs smooth, awesome gaming device... I hope more popular apps to Windows Store. Promising right now!!
Last edited by zaidyft; 06-28-2013 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Cos I suddenly remembered some extra stuff
- 07-21-2013, 07:41 AM #19
It's normal for the top part of the phone to heat up when in moderate to heavy use.
By the top part, I mean the part above the battery, where the processor works its magic,I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- By apoc527 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 84Last Post: 12-12-2012, 11:36 AM
- By mlads in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
- By MikaelSmoot in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM
- By Ulairi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 7Last Post: 11-11-2011, 12:03 PM