- 03-16-2013, 04:18 PM #1
this is my first smartphone and I'm pleased with it. However when charging and playing around with apps (not playing games for hours but just using nokia maps or city lense for some time) it is heating up quite fast. the centre of heating is around the camera, which can become quite hot, you won't burn your fingers, but it is unconfortable.
is this just normal? I could hardly find anything regarding this issue on the web.
another question: should the camera button be that wobbly (in comparison to the power button)? there are no clear pressure points in my oppinion. I can take fotos, but sometimes I just don't know when it will trigger (also because of autofocus?). perhaps I have to accomodate?
03-18-2013, 04:35 PM #5
- 614 Posts
It is normal. Your hand is the heatsink. Just use the phone. If your phone is idle, screen off and heating, power it down and restart. Sometimes a task runs wild. That will fix that issue.*** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html
03-21-2013, 07:41 AM #6
- 2 Posts
Same here guyz... I bought lumia 620 two weeks back and have found the same problem.... My lumia gets overheated in just about 5 to 10 mins on its usage around the camera surface (that too not even multi-tasking ).... No matter you place your hand around the camera area or not its still the same......its not normal for any smartphone and i will be taking it to nokia care right away...
- 03-21-2013, 11:39 PM #8
Hello lumia 620 User,
I have the same problem.
When i use 'Here city lane' OR 'Here Drive + beta' for just 5 mins, my phone gets overheated.
What should i do ?
should i go to nokia service center or any solution you guys have?
Your replies are appreciated in advance.
- 04-28-2013, 05:11 AM #11
No heating problems found in Android...Most of the windows phones gets heated...As even my friend's phone Samsung Omnia W was heating like we can even cook on it...
in just 2 minutes...My Samsung Nexus S (google phone) never gets heated no matter how much I used it games or 2g...But android lags after sometimes...if 620 heat issue I m not buying it...
- 04-28-2013, 06:20 AM #12Windows Phone Central Moderator "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'." - Apparently you can have an iPhone transplant...
- By apoc527 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 84Last Post: 12-12-2012, 10:36 AM
- By mlads in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 6Last Post: 05-08-2012, 08:57 AM
- By MikaelSmoot in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2012, 11:54 AM
- By Ulairi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
- By HeyCori in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 7Last Post: 11-11-2011, 11:03 AM