Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi,

this is my first smartphone and I'm pleased with it. However when charging and playing around with apps (not playing games for hours but just using nokia maps or city lense for some time) it is heating up quite fast. the centre of heating is around the camera, which can become quite hot, you won't burn your fingers, but it is unconfortable.
    is this just normal? I could hardly find anything regarding this issue on the web.

another question: should the camera button be that wobbly (in comparison to the power button)? there are no clear pressure points in my oppinion. I can take fotos, but sometimes I just don't know when it will trigger (also because of autofocus?). perhaps I have to accomodate?

Thanky you

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    i also have this heating issue around camera area...but mostly when charging and using wi-fi at same time
    I have it too, but only when I'm using maps for more than 20 minutes and browsing for 30 minutes then it gets hot around that area.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

You should try to drain your battery completely and then do a charge. This is what I did with my 620. Upon getting it the first time I noticed that heat builds-up since I'm fond of putting it in my shirts left pocket so I feel the heat.
    It is normal. Your hand is the heatsink. Just use the phone. If your phone is idle, screen off and heating, power it down and restart. Sometimes a task runs wild. That will fix that issue.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Same here guyz... I bought lumia 620 two weeks back and have found the same problem.... My lumia gets overheated in just about 5 to 10 mins on its usage around the camera surface (that too not even multi-tasking ).... No matter you place your hand around the camera area or not its still the same......its not normal for any smartphone and i will be taking it to nokia care right away...

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I suppose it is totally normal. All phones can get heated up.
    My 620 does heated up when I played a heavy game for 30 minutes but that's about it.

Hello lumia 620 User,

I have the same problem.
    When i use 'Here city lane' OR 'Here Drive + beta' for just 5 mins, my phone gets overheated.

What should i do ?
    should i go to nokia service center or any solution you guys have?

Your replies are appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
    Jaydeep Patel

hey ppl ... the problem arises when we ve 3G connection enabled.... coz 3G connections take more signal and power.... tried with ma lumia 620... works fine with 2G (got 2 compromise with the browsing speed)... chk dat out....
    It is normal for most smartphones; you needn't worry about the same unless the phone restarts due to heating

No heating problems found in Android...Most of the windows phones gets heated...As even my friend's phone Samsung Omnia W was heating like we can even cook on it...
    in just 2 minutes...My Samsung Nexus S (google phone) never gets heated no matter how much I used it games or 2g...But android lags after sometimes...if 620 heat issue I m not buying it...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,472 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devang Jagad View Post
    No heating problems found in Android...Most of the windows phones gets heated...As even my friend's phone Samsung Omnia W was heating like we can even cook on it...
    in just 2 minutes...My Samsung Nexus S (google phone) never gets heated no matter how much I used it games or 2g...But android lags after sometimes...if 620 heat issue I m not buying it...
    My HTC Windows Phone never had this problem. Sure it got a little warm, but it never got hot. My Nokia on the other hand though... I can't work it out...

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    so is your problem solved .. i too face the same problem

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Facing a similar heating issue around camera with minimal net usage on wifi. Anybody else ?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Guys I've been getting quite a few problems with my lumia 620..

So far problems are:
    1) Decreased volume and increased, phone doesnt respond to the change although it shows.
    (plugged in headphones, tried again, still doesn't work although sound came out of headphones only. Had to reboot)

2) Quite hot, but not till you can cook something on it :O! (Quite used to it)

3) Phone doesnt respond to touches, needs to shut the screen off with the lock button, and back on before it does again

4) Doesn't auto-connect to WiFi upon unlocking (after waiting, looking at WiFi icon on top), have to manually go into Settings > WiFi and it'll then connect itself (without me pressing)
    (Power Saver wasn't on)

5) A lot "Insufficient memory. Please wait while we free up some memory" 1/3... 2/3.... 3/3... I have noticed but My Omnia 7 512RAM doesnt have this issue (of apps crashing cos this memory thing is new in WP8)?

6) Sudden app crashes ( which i suspect is due to the app? )

7) Capacitive keys not responding at times. ( I guess similar to the touchscreen not responding issue above? Same solution too.)

8) HARDWARE: Second time camera button press really hard to take photos with. I use touch capture... Anyone elsee with this problem???

Front facing camera good with enough light! if not everythings all black even in minor low light conditions.

Back camera isn't good, hopefully it is improved in updates? Because everythings so grainy and muddy, audio quality quite soft in recording and unclear if little noise around but good enough

I think thats about it. However, thank god most of the issues do not need any soft reset or rebooting and even hard reset.
    Other than these, Great product, for price in US. In Singapore, the cheapest plan @ S$25 a month, the phone costed S$198. Yes thats stupid Singtel for everyone here.

Finally,

DOWNLOAD ASPHALT 7! Wonderfully smooth, AWESOME! Heat issue cant be noticed much with this high powered game!(maybe too engrossed in it? :P)

Even Temple Run runs smooth, awesome gaming device... I hope more popular apps to Windows Store. Promising right now!!
    Last edited by zaidyft; 06-28-2013 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Cos I suddenly remembered some extra stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zaidyft View Post
    Guys I've been getting quite a few problems with my lumia 620..

So far problems are:
    1) Decreased volume and increased, phone doesnt respond to the change although it shows.
    (plugged in headphones, tried again, still doesn't work although sound came out of headphones only. Had to reboot)

2) Quite hot, but not till you can cook something on it :O! (Quite used to it)

3) Phone doesnt respond to touches, needs to shut the screen off with the lock button, and back on before it does again

4) Doesn't auto-connect to WiFi upon unlocking (after waiting, looking at WiFi icon on top), have to manually go into Settings > WiFi and it'll then connect itself (without me pressing)
    (Power Saver wasn't on)

5) A lot "Insufficient memory. Please wait while we free up some memory" 1/3... 2/3.... 3/3... I have noticed but My Omnia 7 512RAM doesnt have this issue (of apps crashing cos this memory thing is new in WP8)?

6) Sudden app crashes ( which i suspect is due to the app? )

7) Capacitive keys not responding at times. ( I guess similar to the touchscreen not responding issue above? Same solution too.)

8) HARDWARE: Second time camera button press really hard to take photos with. I use touch capture... Anyone elsee with this problem???

Front facing camera good with enough light! if not everythings all black even in minor low light conditions.

Back camera isn't good, hopefully it is improved in updates? Because everythings so grainy and muddy, audio quality quite soft in recording and unclear if little noise around but good enough

I think thats about it. However, thank god most of the issues do not need any soft reset or rebooting and even hard reset.
    Other than these, Great product, for price in US. In Singapore, the cheapest plan @ S$25 a month, the phone costed S$198. Yes thats stupid Singtel for everyone here.

Finally,

DOWNLOAD ASPHALT 7! Wonderfully smooth, AWESOME! Heat issue cant be noticed much with this high powered game!(maybe too engrossed in it? :P)

Even Temple Run runs smooth, awesome gaming device... I hope more popular apps to Windows Store. Promising right now!!
    I had problems #1 (just two times), #2, #3 (it happens too much) with my Lumia 620. About Wifi, sometimes it takes a time on my 620 to connect (10seconds) but it connects automatically.
    and, I never heard about #5 :)

Evem i am facing the same issue. The phone gets heated up at the camera region when only surfing net for only 2-3 minute on wifis. I am really worried about this. Please suggest me what should i do.

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    It seems normal. If it gets way too heated to hold then take it to nokia care.
    It's normal for the top part of the phone to heat up when in moderate to heavy use.

By the top part, I mean the part above the battery, where the processor works its magic,
    Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109
    NNID: TheWPCTraveler

(If you happen to own a 3DS, we could go ahead and be, er, friends. There's a reason I put that friend code out there for everyone to see. Also, that NNID is also my Miiverse ID. You can also find me there.)

P.S. Microsoft Mobile Ly, please bring back the cyan in the Lumia line. THE CYANATION COMPELS YOU.

Devices: Lumia 630, Asus T100, Nintendo 3DS.