Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Got one today (great deal at 119) but I'm not an O2 customer. Local phone shops etc are claiming to be unable to unlock it. Anybody had any luck?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by germcevoy View Post
    Got one today (great deal at 119) but I'm not an O2 customer. Local phone shops etc are claiming to be unable to unlock it. Anybody had any luck?
    I'm going to try in a couple weeks. Got a mate on a contract deal, ask them to say they're going abroad and need it unlocked. Could work.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Not sure If I can wait sadly as my Radar is on the blink. Looks like i'll have to sell it on or return it unfortunately.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Many people have had success getting other WP8 phones unlocked at Unlock your Mobile Phone online. Unlock mobile phones by code quickly and easily to use your desired network carrier sim card. Give them a call to see if they can do the 620

The official response I got from O2 was that if I wanted them to unlock it I would either have to wait 12 months and pay them 15 (having activated the supplied PAYG SIM) or put my contract SIM in for 24 hours then ring them back and they will do it free of charge and send me the code within 7-10 days. I have a contract SIM from a Note II deal I took out at 10.50 a month a few months ago so I will be using that.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    So 15 to unlock the phone there and then? If so thats it im getting it for 150 and 15 unlock. Its still a **** of a lot cheaper than any other UK retailer is selling them for.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_c View Post
    So 15 to unlock the phone there and then? If so thats it im getting it for 150 and 15 unlock. Its still a **** of a lot cheaper than any other UK retailer is selling them for.
    Bear in mind that Carphone Warehouse are selling it for 189.95 (plus 10 top up) but will price match the major networks, I used that to get it for 149.99 (plus 10 topup). And coming from the Carphone Warehouse means that it is unlocked.

Annoyingly they would match the O2 price when they had it for 119.99 for a day but 159.99 in total for unlocked version seemed OK to me.

D

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Really? So if i go into my local carphonewarehouse tomorrow and say I want to buy the phone on pay as you go, they will match the price? But will they only match it if I pay it on o2 pay as you go? surely it will still be locked to o2 then? Could I get them to price match it if I wanted it on vodafone as well?

I already posted a reply but its disappeared ?? I found a service manual for this phone on the net and although i'm not 100% sure,i think the user can unlock it themselves.I wont post the link as i'll probably get this post pulled as well.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I sold my O2 model on and got a new unlocked one via ebay at 70. 40 quid more than the total cost of the O2 one day deal but I do not care.

I sent a request to O2 and they sent me the code to type in and SIM unlock the device only took 24 hours to get the code and it didn't cost me anything as I am an O2 pay monthly customer even though the 620 isn't my primary device.

Tested with an Orange SIM and works fine and can even select the EE APN with the O2 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by richard_c View Post
    Really? So if i go into my local carphonewarehouse tomorrow and say I want to buy the phone on pay as you go, they will match the price? But will they only match it if I pay it on o2 pay as you go? surely it will still be locked to o2 then? Could I get them to price match it if I wanted it on vodafone as well?
    When I got my 620 I called up Carphone Warehouse and told them that O2 were selling it for 149.99 with 10 top up. They matched the price for the phone but I did have to still get a 10 O2 top up , the difference was that the phone was not locked to O2, I currently have my Virgin SIM in it.

D

Quote Originally Posted by John Bourne View Post
    I sent a request to O2 and they sent me the code to type in and SIM unlock the device only took 24 hours to get the code and it didn't cost me anything as I am an O2 pay monthly customer even though the 620 isn't my primary device.

Tested with an Orange SIM and works fine and can even select the EE APN with the O2 firmware.
    I tried and O2 refused as "it isn't an iPhone" and my contract is for an iPhone.

Tim

I will help you.

They do seem to have starting adding IMEI of O2 (UK) 620 to database(s) and 20 digit unlock code available at a price if O2 being difficult with PAYG!

Alternately use a Tesco or giffgaff sim as I understand both will work in an o2 phone.
    I received my code today from mobileunlocked.co.uk. Even though is a little expensive, they managed to get me the code!! Now my phone is unlocked!!

Quote Originally Posted by germcevoy View Post
    To which country is the mobile locked to?I unlocked my Nokia Lumia 620 from Simpleunlocking.com and the network lock was with Ireland,O2.You can get the unlock service from them if your network lock also is the same.To get aid in the unlock process follow the free unlock instructions from Mobileunlockguide.com and remove the network restriction easily.

I can confirm that giffgaff works, and I assume any other network with a similar model using o2's network would also work (e..g Tesco)