Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TheLuminis620
  • 1 Post By 1101x10
  • 1 Post By ExpatinTurkey

Dear Lumia 620 owners,
    I'm interested in buying L620 and I'm huge fan of listening music with my headphones. Also i heared that older lumia devices like L800 and L710 has very bad sound quality. Could you describe sound quality in 620 with some better headphones?

Global Posts
    1,376 Global Posts
    The 610 is a pretty low-end device. I'd say you will get what you pay for.
    Support your third-party developers. There just about all we have...

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    he is on about the 620 not the 610
    The Lumia 620's music performance isn't bad at all and is on par with the N97 and all those previous Nokia XpressMusic phones which I thought was excellent in music quality. With Windows Phone and only in Nokia's Windows Phones have the equalizer setting and a Dolby Sound technology ;)

EDIT: The built in speaker is also very nice. Just you know, don't blast it to the maximum because there will be some distortion. I thought that's typical though ;)
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Szefff likes this.
    Developer

It sounds fine to me, and you also have the equaliser and Dolby Headphones enhancement if you want. One nice feature of the 620 is the headphone socket is built into the removable cover so if this gets loose you can just replace the cover rather than send the whole phone back for repair.
    Szefff likes this.

I have had no problems in the three days with my 620. Using TuneIn Radio for both music and talk radio, more then loud enough without having to put full volume.
    Szefff likes this.

I can't find equalizer settings or any Audio option on my settings in lumia 620

Global Posts
    3,698 Global Posts
    PIN
    Private Message
    If you go to settings > audio (should be able to see it near the bottom of the list) you will see equaliser and dolby stuff. You will only be able to change these settings when the headphones are plugged in.

I was someone looking for a good audio quality phone also, i had the htc 8s before and was wowed by its audio! i could never have it on full volume or it would be just way to loud! I wanted a phone with more storage though, so i went into the store... plugged my headphones in and tried it for myself! The audio was very impressive, it is loud and clear with good quality... not as loud as the 8s but the quality was good and it is loud enough that you dont need it on full volume to get the bass going

I have to warn you from buying a 620 for music.
    The music quality itself is pretty ok: quite balanced sound with decent headphones.

The problem is WP8 music software: Xbox Music is a mess, there are plenty of bugs. If you use a fast and big microSD card, it duplicates and triplicates the songs, as well as messing up tags and much more. Also the syncing softwares suck.
    You can still play music and it sounds good, but finding the song you want to play is a mess. If you can, wait until they fix these bugs.