Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,421 Global Posts
    Interesting. I've got ten on my Nokia Lumia 920, only five on my HTC titan. This is very interesting.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuminis620 View Post
    Exactly, but only some time where my phone is completely useless when it affect the functionality of the screen. When it does, I have to lock and unlock the screen. Solved it for a couple of minutes, but it happened again. Strangely, it only happen on Tuesday and since today is Tuesday, I'm pretty much prepared to face it :p
    This occurred 2 or 3 times on mine, and I hadn't this issue after hard resetting my phone. (from settings menu)

I have been chatting to Nokia Care on Twitter and they say they have pushed out an update for all WP8 devices and that I should wait for that however they cant confirm when it will available or if it will fix the multitouch issue.

I am going to contact O2 and arrange a replacement unless the update gets here first and resolves it as they are out of stock at the moment.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    Are you able to test it outside of these diagnostic apps? Is there any way to test it in real-world usage?
    Mine is having issue even with two point multi-touch, so games (e.g. Gun Bros, Toy Solider) will show you the "effect".
    Last edited by rcmarvin; 02-21-2013 at 12:32 AM. Reason: adding app link

Wow, I had very few replies back then when I started the topic. Didn't know that many people are experiencing the same problem.

I've sent my 620 to the Nokia Care. They are taking their own sweet time to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    Are you able to test it outside of these diagnostic apps? Is there any way to test it in real-world usage?
    Yes. I noticed strange behaviors while playing games. After that I downloaded the test to verify my suspicion.

It happens to me even when it is two points. This means I could not even pinch and zoom. LOL

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pengfoong View Post
    Wow, I had very few replies back then when I started the topic. Didn't know that many people are experiencing the same problem.

I've sent my 620 to the Nokia Care. They are taking their own sweet time to fix the problem.
    Hopefully they'll provide you with a report detailing steps taken to resolve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Hopefully they'll provide you with a report detailing steps taken to resolve the problem.
    Don't think that is going to happen. They initially said I need to wait for two weeks. It's the fifth week now. This is even after I've escalated the case. Nokia has very horrible customer service here.

It seems the new firmware (1030.5603.1304.0002) does not resolve the multitouch issue.

Nokia Care have suggested I take it in for repair or return it to point of purchase, I imagine a replacment may possibly have the same issue but worth a shot.

Because different people from different geographical areas are affected by this issue, I think this affects quite a number of units. I've tipped wpcentral about this issue. If they post about this issue, maybe more people would be able to check their units. Potential buyers can check their units too before paying and going home with it.

There seems to be another possible "Hardware" issue with 620's. Check your speaker:

Re: Lumia 620 speaker volume pulsing - Nokia Support Discussions
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Don't think that is going to happen. They initially said I need to wait for two weeks. It's the fifth week now. This is even after I've escalated the case. Nokia has very horrible customer service here.
    Me too, they also said two to three weeks, but the engineer obviously didn't know the issue. After around two weeks, they told me the problem was fixed. but it did not. They then told me to wait again for their investigation.
    Last edited by rcmarvin; 03-10-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcmarvin View Post
    Me too, they also said two to three weeks, but the engineer obviously didn't know the issue. After around two weeks, they told me the software was updated and the screen was tuned. So I went to verified but the problem is still there. And then they replaced the touch panel with a new one, but it did not work out either. They told me to wait again for their investigation.
    Where are you from? The technicians in my country (Malaysia) said the same thing after weeks. They told me the problem was fixed after the software was upgraded. I went there and the problem was still there. They are waiting for a new touch panel now. LOL

jack00, this is almost certainly a hardware issue. If you plug in the charging cable and hold the other end with your fingers, multi touch works. in both cases, it is not charging. I hope that wpcentral write an article about this issue. Many people would have missed this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bourne View Post
    It seems the new firmware (1030.5603.1304.0002) does not resolve the multitouch issue.
    How did you get that update? Mine is 1030.5603.1250.0002 , and settings menu says that my phone is up do date

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Where are you from? The technicians in my country (Malaysia) said the same thing after weeks. They told me the problem was fixed after the software was upgraded. I went there and the problem was still there. They are waiting for a new touch panel now. LOL
    The phone is bought in HK. Nokia Care estimated a new touch panel will arrive in two weeks. Hopefully this will fix the problem, but I am not optimistic about that.
    Last edited by rcmarvin; 02-27-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by rcmarvin View Post
    The phone is bought in HK. Hopefully a new touch panel, which is estimated to arrived in two weeks, will fix the problem, but I am not optimistic about that.
    Some people had their touch screen replaced and the problem was still there.
    I wish you luck.
    Some say it's due to a grounding issue and not the screen. I'm not sure, but certainly a hardware issue... I only experience it once a week though.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

Thanked by:
    pengfoong and TheLuminis620 like this.
    It is clear that this is a grounding issue and i do not believe that this can be solved via a software update. It seems that is is something about the design. I wonder if Nokia will say anything about it. Personally this does not affect my day to day usage and i do not think it will. However, Nokia should examine this situation rather sooner than later.
    And I'm not experiencing any difficulties and affecting my everyday use. It happens once a week, and only for a couple of seconds. After a lock and unlock, it's all back to normal. Pinch to zoom is jittery but it's not too big of a problem for me. It definitely is a design fault somewhere and I'm not expecting Nokia to make a recall... I feel sorry for people who are experiencing a worse case than mine.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

Nice video, you should tweet the link to nokia and put it on their facebook pages to see if you can get a response.

My replacement phone (sent the first back for another issue) also has the multi touch problem like my first phone. Would like to see Nokia make an official response about this issue.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I posted a link to this thread and the video on their UK page earlier today.

Update 01.03.2013
    Reply: "Hi Leon. Thanks for sharing that with us, we will pass it on to the relevant team. Thanks"
    Last edited by leonkehoe; 03-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    pengfoong and rhaco like this.

Any news of this? I have the same issue and it's bothering me because I want to play Zombies on the Phone and it's almost impossible to play it.
    Have you guys tried taking the SD card off and see if it's gone? I did that to my phone a week ago and now seems to be running fine, though yeah I have no memory card in my phone right now... So far so good.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast