Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
    Ok guys. I'm not trying to dissuade. I just deliver you info about 620 battery from Russia. You decide. And last. TheLuminis620 - not all people can confess what his new and fresh candy-phone, they just bought, have disadvantages that make use of uncomfortable. You're one of them. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasiliy Kozlov View Post
    Ok guys. I'm not trying to dissuade. I just deliver you info about 620 battery from Russia. You decide. And last. TheLuminis620 - not all people can confess what his new and fresh candy-phone, they just bought, have disadvantages that make use of uncomfortable. You're one of them. Sorry.

Why do you sound so bitter?

Battery is one of the things you will find more difference user by user on one same phone than any other thing. Just starting from where you live and what kind bands you region has and the coverage have a effect on your phones battery life. Not to even talk about the unique mix of settings and apps.
    naw1 and vgian like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Why do you sound so bitter?

Battery is one of the things you will find more difference user by user on one same phone than any other thing. Just starting from where you live and what kind bands you region has and the coverage have a effect on your phones battery life. Not to even talk about the unique mix of settings and apps.
    You absolutely right! But why you cant see one little problem. You can have strong or weak coverage. You can use your phone a little or a lot. And it is important, when your battery 2000 or more mah. But if you have only 1300 and use wifi, 3G, Gps, push and other, you always can not count on much anyway. For example - take fuel tank on your car. No matter what your engine power and how often you ride if your fuel tank only 30 liters. It will always be uncomfortable. You will be live in gas station. With 620 the same. You can take pleasure in use, but you will always think about electrical socket. More often than 920 or 5 or s3. I promise you!

there are probably going to be 3rd party batteries rather soon since the battery is replaceable. You can expect them to pack a higher capacity too
    You absolutely right! But why you cant see one little problem. You can have strong or weak coverage. You can use your phone a little or a lot. And it is important, when your battery 2000 or more mah. But if you have only 1300 and use wifi, 3G, Gps, push and other, you always can not count on much anyway. For example - take fuel tank on your car. No matter what your engine power and how often you ride if your fuel tank only 30 liters. It will always be uncomfortable. You will be live in gas station. With 620 the same. You can take pleasure in use, but you will always think about electrical socket. More often than 920 or 5 or s3. I promise you!
    Ok, now consider that the car with 30 liters can do 25km/l and the car with 60 liters can do 20km/l due to his better performances, so the lumia 620 will do less km than other top smartphone, but not so less!
    Ok is it messed up that I heard all of Giuseppe's posts with an Italian accent and Vasilliy's posts with a Russian one? Made the whole conversation fricking hilarious...
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    Ok is it messed up that I heard all of Giuseppe's posts with an Italian accent and Vasilliy's posts with a Russian one? Made the whole conversation fricking hilarious...
    Lol...very imaginative!
    Thanked by:
    TheLuminis620 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe di spirito View Post
    Lol...very imaginative!
    OK good I'm pleased that you weren't offended.

just got a chance to try Nokia 620 at Nokia shop yesterday. The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.
    Nope, I do admit that my phone has stuff that lacks but I don't think the battery life is a massive issue here, as stated that I've run a test with my friend's Lumia 800, 900, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note and the Lumia 620 lasts about the same with the same frequency of usage, and I'm saying this for one more time and I'm not sure if you will understand this anymore.

I'm not denying your logic is correct, but it's an issue with smartphones nowadays, not the Lumia 620. There may be a bigger 3rd party battery pack available for purchase as said by corsica but the phone is already dirt cheap to start with and you get everything that a smartphone has. What to complain? I have nothing to complain because I run the test myself and the results says that my phone runs just about as long as any other smartphones. So if you have issues with it and don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Get something with bigger battery pack, use it just like how I use my Lumia 620 and tell me does it get in the range of 15-24 hours? I bet you it wouldn't last... It's an issue with smartphones nowadays. I think you need a phone with 10000 mah battery pack to suit your usage.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Meg920 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonta View Post
    The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.
    Yes, I agree that the unlock button is a little bit stiff but I think that may soften up when being used regularly but it's not very stiff though. About the "other" storage, my phone has gathered up to 1.45 GB! I'll keep my eyes on it whether it will build up more or not. By logic, yes the cache should be more but there's a possibility that they've done a hard reset to the device.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    I agree. Its fun :-) Sorry for my English, i know that its wrong, but i hope many friends here understand me.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonta View Post
    just got a chance to try Nokia 620 at Nokia shop yesterday. The device is well built but the wake up button is quite hard to press, maybe because it is the test device. I wonder about the "other" section in the internal memory as it has gathered up more than 1GB. Is that a big problem because i read that it kept building up and there is no way to erase. Also i checked the lumia 820 device and found only 500mb other section. It was release long before and the testing unit should be tried on so many time that cache should be more, no? Or they have already hard reset the device.
    Else problems - 3.5 jack do not comes to an end on some 620. Main part of the phone sliding in back cover. cache file - you can delete only make hard reset, its WP feature. Unlock key to rub on the body.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLuminis620 View Post
    Nope, I do admit that my phone has stuff that lacks but I don't think the battery life is a massive issue here, as stated that I've run a test with my friend's Lumia 800, 900, iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy Note and the Lumia 620 lasts about the same with the same frequency of usage, and I'm saying this for one more time and I'm not sure if you will understand this anymore. I'm not denying your logic is correct, but it's an issue with smartphones nowadays, not the Lumia 620. There may be a bigger 3rd party battery pack available for purchase as said by corsica but the phone is already dirt cheap to start with and you get everything that a smartphone has. What to complain? I have nothing to complain because I run the test myself and the results says that my phone runs just about as long as any other smartphones. So if you have issues with it and don't want to buy it then don't buy it. Get something with bigger battery pack, use it just like how I use my Lumia 620 and tell me does it get in the range of 15-24 hours? I bet you it wouldn't last... It's an issue with smartphones nowadays. I think you need a phone with 10000 mah battery pack to suit your usage.
    So, I see 10000 mah... you start to get angry? This proves that I am right.
    Iphone have 1450 mah and 3.5", 900 - 1850.... and its work like 620 with 3.8" 1300 mah? Lol. About Lumia 800 we have many reviews about low life battery. Its all really Nokia miss. Believe me, i like nokia and windows, but I'm not ready to buy low-quality products and do not advise others. If Nokia wanna come back to market it must produce brilliant phones which no subject to criticism (without flaws at all) imho
    I never get angry, it's just that you're not understanding things that I've said. You seem to ignore the Galaxy Note which has a monster screen and a 2500 mah battery and it only lasts 10 hours with the same frequency as I use my phone and as I said, I held a test and you ignored my statement I think.

I don't think it's all Nokia's fault. Now if it's all Nokia's fault, then explain me about the Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3 which both were obviously made by Samsung, has a bigger battery pack but last as long as my Lumia 620, in fact less with the same usage? Please explain. And tell me what smartphone can last a whole day or two? I've said it countless times already. It's a smartphone issue, across all brands and models. Not strictly to Nokia.

You're making statements based on reviews theory, while you never tested it.
    Sent from my RM-846_apac_malaysia_226 using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    First - i have great experience in mobile world. Well, i know very well how working phones with low mah battery. And i dont need buy a phone to be sure it is a bad battery.
    Second - I perfectly understand you and your English. no need to talk about it constantly.
    And last - about Note. Its not a phone. Its more a tablet. So we cant compare 620 and Note. Phone must work several days. What if i want leave town for a few days? I need the mobility and constant communication. 620 does not provide that. Then why do I this phone? It has a small screen, it is inconvenient for the Internet. Call it is also problematic because it does not hold a charge for long time. Why is he good for?
    First - i have great experience in mobile world. Well, i know very well how working phones with low mah battery. And i dont need buy a phone to be sure it is a bad battery.
    I don't know how 'great' your mobile experience is but I tell you for one last time, my Lumia 620 lasts as long as any other smartphones with about the same usage. Sure, 1300 mah is small and it will be great if it's equipped with 1800 mah or so but remember, the phone is already cheap and it does what I want. It lasts as long as any other smartphone so I have nothing to complain. It's just you, without any experience with this phone, claiming you have a great experience in mobile world and complaining about the battery life with the fact that it actually lasts as long as any other smartphone.

And last - about Note. Its not a phone. Its more a tablet. So we cant compare 620 and Note. Phone must work several days. What if i want leave town for a few days? I need the mobility and constant communication. 620 does not provide that. Then why do I this phone? It has a small screen, it is inconvenient for the Internet. Call it is also problematic because it does not hold a charge for long time. Why is he good for?
    Alright then, the Note is more of a tablet. The S3? My friend claimed his can last not even a day with use of WiFi, simply put how a smartphone should be used. Phone must work for several days, correct. Most old mobile and feature phones can last for 3-4 days without charging and my Nokia Asha 309 did exactly just that. However, you didn't even answer my question - which smartphone can last for days without charging? Give me one example since you have a great mobile experience.

But if you are really into phone that could last for days and days, purely mobility and not draining much battery despite constant communication, better off get those old "black and white" phones.

Sure, the 620 doesn't provide that but what smartphone provide that? It has the same screen as a Lumia 800, slightly bigger than the iPhone 4S. So are you saying that the small screen makes it inconvenient for internet? Well, instantly you've just said the iPhone 4S is inconvenient for internet too it seems to be. Then how big will the screen be if you want to call it convenient for internet? Call is problematic because it doesn't hold charge for long time? What smartphone provides that anyway?

What this Nokia Lumia 620 is good for? Well.. It provides everything that a smartphone has in a simple, small and inexpensive package. What else do you need? Bigger battery pack? Better get off with a customized smartphone then...
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White

Hey, are you in lowyat forum? i hope you can post your complete review of the device at lowyat too! =D
    We'd all like battery life to be extended that little bit longer, on any smartphone, but I think Nokia would be missing a trick if it didn't introduce wireless charging covers for the Lumia 620.

It would certainly balance out the equation, as putting the phone down on a wireless charger once a day would provide a constant top-up that alleviates battery concerns.
    I don't know...
    So why you such aggressive?
    Nokia 112 such cheap, but work a few weeks. When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc. When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting. I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, fellow. All phones today with small screen positioned like a phones for calls with long standby time. Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen. Maybe easier and nokia just deceived you? I think yes! Its not first nokia miss. Because its not marketing. Low capacity battery just stupid. 112 have 1400, 620 have 1300 just think about this, about nokia, about why.
    And two last your questions
    1) yes, 4s not for internet surfing
    2) which smartphone can last for days without charging? Motorola RAZR MAXX (ICS) talk time 21 hour, Apple iPhone 5 - web browsing 10 hour
    Nokia 112 such cheap, but work a few weeks. When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc. When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting. I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, fellow. All phones today with small screen positioned like a phones for calls with long standby time. Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen. Maybe easier and nokia just deceived you? I think yes! Its not first nokia miss. Because its not marketing. Low capacity battery just stupid. 112 have 1400, 620 have 1300 just think about this, about nokia, about why.
    2) which smartphone can last for days without charging? Motorola RAZR MAXX (ICS) talk time 21 hour, Apple iPhone 5 - web browsing 10 hour
    In the specifics of lumia 620 you can talk for 14h....you are making an error....nokia 112 is a phone, lumia 620, as like as S3, iphone, htc one x etc, is a smartphone....due to features of smartphones they can cover only 1 day, the phone can do over three days....you can not compare two different categories
    Do I look aggressive? If you think so then I apologize..

When note 2 or s3 work 1 day, i know why. Giant screen, internet, wifi, 3g etc.
    Aaand? It's still a smartphone so according to your logic, a phone that last only for one day is not normal so the Note 2 and S3 is not normal. Right? Don't you think because of that, the Note 2 and S3 should have a bigger battery capacity?

When little phone for calls with small screen but with wp8 on board work 1 day - it's disgusting.
    So.. The Lumia 620 is a little phone? Wow.. A phone with dual-core Snapdragon S4 chipset is little?

I dont understand why you think that 1 day work for smartphone its normal. Its not normal, [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]fellow.
    I didn't say it's normal, never did I. Must be something wrong with you there. I said phone should always last for 3-4 days like how the old black and white, and feature phone. It's an issue with smartphone, regardless of any brand and model, whatever the battery capacity is, will only last for a day or less. I repeat, it's an issue with smartphone. Sheesh..

Nokia 620 have small screen but work like a s3 with biggest ever screen.
    So you're only comparing them just because of the screen? Not counting the quad-core processor in the S3? And you're saying 3.8" screen is small?

So those are based on your "great experience with mobile phones" or simply taken from a paper? My friend own an iPhone 5 and it lasts for a day (yes, just asked my friend about its battery life). Just for a day. So that's not normal, according to your logic. Right?
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Meg920 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by naw1 View Post
    Hey, are you in lowyat forum? i hope you can post your complete review of the device at lowyat too! =D
    Hi! No I'm not yet in the lowyat forum but I will post the complete review here and there soon ;)
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Hi! No I'm not yet in the lowyat forum but I will post the complete review here and there soon ;)
    Can i ask you one thing?...how is the sound in calling?and from the speaker(volume and quality)?
    Quote Originally Posted by giuseppe di spirito View Post
    Can i ask you one thing?...how is the sound in calling?and from the speaker(volume and quality)?
    Sure, I mean that's the purpose of this forum anyway. Haha!

The sound in calling from the earpiece is very nice, loud and clear. The loudspeaker also performs nicely with no distortion. But don't blast the volume to full though (which is 10), as there will be distortions from the speaker. Same goes to music playback. The volume ranges from 0-30 for music playback. The sound is very nice from 15-25 but more than that, the sound will be distorted.

What I don't like about WP8 so far is that the volume is synchronized with music playback and the actual ringing volume. So whenever you listen to music, let's say you set the volume to 15, after listening to music, you have to put it back to 25. Otherwise, the ringing volume will stay at 15.
    Nokia Lumia 620 - White
    Thanked by:
    Meg920 likes this.

TheLuminis620, Are you one of those people that are going to search for third party batteries :)? I just ordered myself a 620 and was wondering if there will be any in the future(you could post it here :D).

Also, have you read anything about it even being possible to do wireless charging with a future cover? I don't remember very well, but I heard doesn't have those pin connectors to even support wireless charging with a cover..

Can't wait for my blue one :)

Dude, you're Malaysian right? I'm also Lumia620's user. You know, I'm on your side. It is not because I'm Malaysian too, but you're Lumia620 user, so you deserve talk about it more compare to people who does not have it and arguing based on other people opinions.

Btw, yeah, that is true, battery 1300mah is not enough for this phone, but with this kind of price, it deserve it!

Well, i'm a bit upset those apps are not enough especially in Malaysia. I don't understand, why we could not access Windows Store for worlwide? Why must be apportion by region?
    So, somehow, the apps available for some region, some is not. We actually facing sufficient apps to be compared with Android and iOS. But, I'm looking forward for WP8. Come on!
    naw1 likes this.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast