10-08-2013, 11:46 AM #1
- 2 Posts
Hi, I recently got my girlfriend a Lumia 521 as an upgrade to her Nexus One. All in all, she loves it! I was a little concerned that should would have trouble adjusting to the WP environment.
However, there is one small issue. With her Nexus One, she was able to plug in a wired headset (in this case, Apple EarPods) to talk on the phone. Now, whenever plugging in that headset to the Lumia 521, both her, and the person she is calling hears a loud, high-pitched screeching sound. Does the Lumia not support wired headsets? Is this likely a hardware issue?
10-08-2013, 12:31 PM #2
- 2,879 Posts
Maybe Lumia doesn't like Apple earpods or the other way.
Sadly US Customers do not get earphones within their package, buy an OEM earphone from ebay and you should be happy :)
Look for WH 208 Headset.
- 10-09-2013, 10:42 AM #4
Nokia uses TRRS configuration that has a pinout of Left Audio, Right Audio, Mic, Ground while Apple uses TRSR configuration that has a pinout to Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Mic. You need to get a TRRS adapter. It reverses the microphone and ground pins.
- 10-11-2013, 10:31 AM #7
The 521 is really picky about headphones.
I have a pair of cheapish Sony earbuds but work fine... but heres the one that really gets me.
I tried using the OEM nokia headphones from my 701, and nope they dont work.
I dont get that one at all.
10-16-2013, 04:38 AM #8
- 9 Posts
I haven't been able to get any headset mics to work with either my old 920 or the 925 I currently own.
The mic is always dead on my Lumias. The mics work on all Androids I tested. Virtually all upper market headphones with mics are "made for iPhone" and also work on all Androids I tested.
Just how stupid are MS and Nokia to break compatibility with 99% of after-market headphone mics?
I would have hoped Nokia learn from the early day WP blunders.
10-16-2013, 04:41 AM #9
- 2,879 Posts
- 10-16-2013, 04:57 AM #11Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can't face them, we deny reason itself! - The Joker
A note on headset standards: OMTP, AHJ and Apple
Tutorial: How to fix the endless spinning gears/cogs bug (for Nokia Lumia users only)
10-16-2013, 09:05 AM #12
- 9 Posts
Virtually every upper-market headphone/earphone with mic makes use of apple's bs standard so Nokia better come up with a solution bc nobody else will do it for them.
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM #13
- 1 Posts
My thought exactly!
I finally gave up my warrior of a phone (The Android Galaxy 1) for a hunk of a junk:
1) Lumia has a terrible camera
2) it wont accept any of my headphones or buds
3) MS does not support Google Voice (MetroTalk is too slow and cumbersome to load)
4) Nokia HERE is a terrible excuse for a Nav system
5) SKYPE ( a MS owned product) can't figure out that a call has been picked up elsewhere and continues to ring during my conversations
Im just so glad I didn't waste money with the Lumia 9 series. I once saw a graphic that states it all: NOKIA was as written as "NOKID buys this phones."
- By no-no-applesux in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 27Last Post: 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM
- By Oliver Newell in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 24Last Post: 10-11-2013, 03:24 PM
- By andrewkeith5 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & TradeReplies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:07 AM
- By Sunny Bhatnagar in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 7Last Post: 10-09-2013, 05:07 AM
- By kichooz in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 2Last Post: 10-08-2013, 08:43 AM