- 09-28-2013, 10:46 AM #1
I am getting a 521 from Tmo on monday but i have some questions about it.
1. How many apps are pre installed and how many of those can be uninstalled from the phone? i.e bloatware
2. How much room is there for apps? (after the OS)
3. Any issues w/ the 521?
4. How's the battery life?
5. What are your favorite apps? i.e weather, games camera lenses etc.
6. Any other tips for using Windows 8 would be helpful
Thank you for your help
Last edited by thewind56; 09-28-2013 at 03:28 PM.
09-28-2013, 12:37 PM #2
- 1,069 Posts
1) everything can be uninstalled, expect the OS apps (office, onenote,)
2) OS is about 2gb so around 5-6gb is free if you removed all apps that can be removed
3) I have not had any issue, but, you can browse through this forum section and see some have a had a few problems which usually can be fixed.
4) Do not use any google expect (youtube) can't help
5) I get about 18 hours medium usage, 8 - 12 heavy usage. Usage Varies depends on many factors like signal strength, apps running, daily activities.
6) For apps see this thread What are some of your favorite apps for the Lumia 521?
7) Windows 8 tips read this WP8 Newbie TipsNokia Lumia 521 (GDR2/Amber) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
SemiRetired - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
09-29-2013, 07:18 PM #5
- 121 Posts
I'll add a very enthusiastic thumbs up for the 521. I have an HTC 8X, which I like, but it cost about 4 times the Lumia. The 521 is an amazing bargain.
My wife's 521 gets excellent battery life. She doesn't use the data connection but it's on WiFi most of the time. We have most of the settings off (NFC, Bluetooth, location, etc) and the minimum background apps running. She only has to charge it every couple days.
We really like Battery Sense; you can easily monitor battery level and rate.
The only problems were early on when it would freeze occasionally, but I think it was because it was her first smartphone and she didn't know to close apps. Once she figured that out and after a post-GDR2 hard reset, we haven't had a single problem.
- By sm4llzie in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 5Last Post: 09-28-2013, 05:05 PM
- By unstoppablekem in forum Mac OS XReplies: 6Last Post: 09-28-2013, 02:06 PM
- By Carlos_Gong in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 09-28-2013, 06:10 AM
- By adam220891 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2013, 12:10 AM
- By Desmoface in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2013, 08:01 PM