Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

i know there are tons of threads about this problem with windows 8 phones but has anyone successfully put music or mp3s on their phone or microsd card without duplicates for their 521?

this is REALLY disappointing for windows phones and its obviously a software issue.... otherwise i like windows 8 phones..

going for Windows 7 OS to Windows 8 521 phone I cant do anything to fix this problem ...

also there is alot of light bleeding on the bottom right corner of my 521... anyone else have this problem?

thanks
    I am not sure of anyway to have this not happen. I think the best bet is to use the WP connector to sync music.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    This thread has some information regarding duplicate music in the OP. Windows Phone and Music: Tips & Tricks

ok it only works if i put the microsd onto a SD card reader and manually drag the songs to the microsd but it will never work if i connect it directly from the phone to PC.... how annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by kimboviper View Post
    also there is alot of light bleeding on the bottom right corner of my 521... anyone else have this problem?

thanks
    can you take a pic showing the light bleed does it look like the one in this thread if so you would need to get it replaced

Light leak on a 521
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

I have not had any issues or problems moving music or images directly from my pc to my phone's memory card via usb. It works perfectly for me, knock on wood!

yea it was as bad as that 521 on the left so i returned it and got a new one

update:

found a solution to duplicates... DO NOT USE THE NOKIA PHONE SOFTWARE TO SYNC... i just installed the usb drivers that show up when you plug in the phone and then manually dropped the music files on my phone or SD card manually and there where no duplicates...
    Last edited by kimboviper; 08-27-2013 at 09:07 PM.