Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. streamlined's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just curious. Before I upgraded my 521's OS earlier this week, I had the ipv6 option in my Access Point. Now, after upgrading, it's gone. Has anyone else noticed this?

    Maybe the update made that setting unnecessary?
  2. Corepc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    #2  
    I have the option for ipv6 listed in my access point (v3.6.0.20) I have not updated my access point .

    Have you tried a custom apn to see if still listed.
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    I have the option for ipv6 listed in my access point (v3.6.0.20) I have not updated my access point .

    Have you tried a custom apn to see if still listed.
    I lost ipv6 after flashing the wifi calling update. I found some ipv6 settings online for tmobile, but it doesnt seem to function the same as the ipv6 option i originally had.
  4. Corepc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    #4  
    They got took out after the first update the preset one we had. But From what I read you would just need to change it from ipv4 to ipv6. But since you can't edit the existing one or copy it.

    You can try these custom apn settings..

    Connection Name : T-mobile IPV6

    Internet APN
    Access point name : epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com
    Username : Blank
    Password : Blank
    Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
    Proxy Port : 8080
    Network Type : IPv4 (IPV6)
    Authentication Type : none

    MMS APN
    MMS access point name : epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com
    Username : blank
    Password : blank
    Proxy Address : 216.155.165.50
    Proxy port : 8080
    MMSC address : http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    Network type : IPv4 (IPV6)
    Authentication type : none

    save
    activate apn

    Restart Phone, Check Cellular Network Selection for T-MobileIPv6

    Check Internet, email, internet sharing, MMSC has well..

    swap epc to fast.t-mobile.com has well if something is not working..
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
  5. Aren Clegg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    47 Posts
    #5  
    Is there a difference between the ipv4 and ipv6?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aren Clegg View Post
    Is there a difference between the ipv4 and ipv6?
    IPV6 is supposedly more efficient than IPV4 as well as has a larger number of possible combinations. It also can have the temporary side effect of faster speeds in some places, since if you live in an area were most to all devices are on IPV4, this would mean that the IPV6 network would be lest congested with traffic, however this is more a side affect of slow ipv6 adoption than it is an actual improvement with IPv6
  7. Aren Clegg's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    47 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Hodges View Post
    IPV6 is supposedly more efficient than IPV4 as well as has a larger number of possible combinations. It also can have the temporary side effect of faster speeds in some places, since if you live in an area were most to all devices are on IPV4, this would mean that the IPV6 network would be lest congested with traffic, however this is more a side affect of slow ipv6 adoption than it is an actual improvement with IPv6
    good to know. I checked my access point and its at ipv4 also.

    *update: I went ahead and did this. After I rebooted, my phone lagged on bringing up the tiles for some reason. Everything seems to be running a little bit faster now. I used epc btw.

    update#2: about an hour with the new settings I lost my internet connection. Tried both epc and fast and get the same results.
    update#3: corepc settings work, except you have to exclude the proxy settings and port numbers. I'm using epc.tmobile.com.
    Last edited by Aren Clegg; 08-25-2013 at 05:54 PM. Reason: update #3
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aren Clegg View Post
    good to know. I checked my access point and its at ipv4 also.

    *update: I went ahead and did this. After I rebooted, my phone lagged on bringing up the tiles for some reason. Everything seems to be running a little bit faster now. I used epc btw.

    update#2: about an hour with the new settings I lost my internet connection. Tried both epc and fast and get the same results.
    I cant remember how i set up my settings, but the settings you enter in manually i am sure are not the same as the one from the missing ipv6 option.

    CorePC, you still have the old access point? You could view the settings and tell us what they are.
  9. Corepc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aren Clegg View Post
    update#3: corepc settings work, except you have to exclude the proxy settings and port numbers. I'm using epc.tmobile.com.
    are things working better since you removed the proxy and port ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Hodges View Post
    CorePC, you still have the old access point? You could view the settings and tell us what they are.
    Either T-Mobile is blocking that or access point changed cannot not view them anymore. And I do not have original rom with those settings.
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
  10. rkin92's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #10  
    Is it worth it for me to change this in the Chicago area? My speed isnt bad, its just an issue of signal in the city
  11. Corepc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,158 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkin92 View Post
    Is it worth it for me to change this in the Chicago area? My speed isnt bad, its just an issue of signal in the city
    You can try it all that I can say. Sounds has if you fighting to get a signal in buildings, and if so the buildings are going to win. You may get a better signal or not, signal reception varies based on location. Not sure if changing from ipv4 to ipv6 will make a difference when it comes to signal strength. Has it more related to data than anything else.
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
  12. streamlined's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
       #12  
    Thanks to CorePC. Those settings were exactly in the order of input and a breeze to use. I don't know why, but my data is more stable with those settings as opposed to the default. I live in an area where T-Mobile has spotty 2G data coverage. I just couldn't resist the $30 per month plan and amazing value that is the 521. I dumped my iphone 5 and expensive AT&T contract and am pretty pleased with my Windows 8 Lumia thus far.

Similar Threads

  1. Amber update on france without mobile operator
    By Ori Rotter in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
  2. Decoupling Built-in Apps from Updates
    By andrelamont in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 09:43 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-25-2013, 12:58 AM
  4. Moving from WP7 to WP8 soon-- question about email sync
    By RodimusMajor in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 10:12 PM

Posting Permissions

B