05-13-2013, 12:30 PM #1
- 57 Posts
I have been using Net10 on my AT&T Lumia 900 and it works fine without the phone being unlocked. I am interested in checking out the 521 but would like to know if it works with Net10. Has anyone has success with this or any other carriers besides T-Mobile?
- 05-13-2013, 12:43 PM #2
- 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM #4
- 05-18-2013, 09:59 PM #5I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)
11-01-2013, 01:07 PM #6
- 1 Posts
What a great deal!
You can buy a brand new Nokia 521 on Walmart.com for $99, get a T-Mo,Net10,Straight Talk SIM and buy some minutes and you're good to go. You can be online for < $150 with no contract or monthly phone payments!
What a great deal for a new, well made smartphone.
Thanks for the Posts!
- 11-01-2013, 04:27 PM #7
I was successful unlocking the HTC HD7 and was able to transfer to Net10 without too much issue. However once I was on Net10's service I noticed that I could not send or receive MMS texts. I also noticed that their forum had this weird requirement that you post five times before you could receive a message. Once I did all that and ended up messaging with Net10 customer service they said they'd check on the issue and never responded back. That happened with a couple of customer service reps. I noticed that the issue with the HTC HD7 and MMS had been brought up before on the forums and so I messaged some of the other people that had posted on the issue to ask if it had ever been resolved. One, maybe two people responded saying that the issue had never been resolved.
So I stayed with Net10 a total of one month. It was not cheaper than T-Mobile and with the problem with MMS, if I was going to get poor customer service with Net10, why not just stay with the poor customer service at T-Mobile. And so I've brought my HTC HD7 back to T-Mobile for some months now. I should be receiving a new cheapish HTC 8x in a week and will switch to that with T-Mobile then...
- By antiochian2010 in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 6Last Post: 05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
- By Corepc in forum Nokia Lumia 521Replies: 1Last Post: 05-10-2013, 01:03 PM
- By Yitzhak Khabinsky in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 5Last Post: 03-30-2013, 11:00 AM
- By J.D.M. in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 29Last Post: 03-14-2013, 08:46 AM
- By SJamG in forum Nokia Lumia 800Replies: 39Last Post: 11-23-2011, 01:20 PM