1.    #1  
    Does anyone know what the settings are? Settings that work?

Here are both T-mobile and AT&T Apn for StraightTalk BYOD program

T-mobile apn settings are this if one does not work try the other instead

Name straight talk straight talk
    APN wap.tracfone wap.tracfone
    Proxy leave blank 216.155.165.40
    Port 8080 8080
    MMSC http://mms.tracfone.com http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS Proxy leave blank 216.155.165.40
    MMS Port leave blank 8080

AT&T APN

Name straight talk
    APN att.mvno
    Port 80
    MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port 80
    Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - TMobile Prepaid Unlimited + 2.5gb Hotspot
    New-Nokia Lumia AT&T 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Broke - Focus Flash (Locked) OS=7.10.8862.14 (Net10 AT&T)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    couldn't you just try "Access Point" under settings? the Nokia Access Point app is for changing APN, MMS, and Cellular settings so you can easily switch SIMs. I assume it will gets the settings off your SIM.

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Hodges View Post
    couldn't you just try "Access Point" under settings? the Nokia Access Point app is for changing APN, MMS, and Cellular settings so you can easily switch SIMs. I assume it will gets the settings off your SIM.
    You assume incorrectly. The phone (any phone from any manufacturer) will detect a T-Mobile, or AT&T, SIM card and plug in those carriers' settings. MVNO settings have to be manually set. The only MVNO that I've ever experienced where you didn't need to do anything was Page Plus (Verizon MVNO). All WP7/8 phones have the ability to edit the APN for data use but some phones require tedious mods to get MMS to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    You assume incorrectly. The phone (any phone from any manufacturer) will detect a T-Mobile, or AT&T, SIM card and plug in those carriers' settings. MVNO settings have to be manually set. The only MVNO that I've ever experienced where you didn't need to do anything was Page Plus (Verizon MVNO). All WP7/8 phones have the ability to edit the APN for data use but some phones require tedious mods to get MMS to work.
    I know you can add stuff manually on any Windows Phone. I meant:

This is a Nokia Lumia specific app, not an app for any Windows Phone. The app changes multiple settings (not just APN.) When you click add, there is carrier, apn, AND mms settings areas. I wasn't talking about the basic auto-config most phones do. This is added auto config for other settings on-top of the basic auto-config. All they would have to do supposedly is open "access point" on the 521, with their straight talk sim inserted, and tap the proper carrier name.

Also, SIM Unlock is listed within the Nokia extras+info page, so I assume the 521 is unlocked. (Though Straight Talk sims should work with any ATT or T-Mobile phone, unlock or not, I thought.)

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    @Dustin

Most likely won't be on the list. Fatclue is right. I have Straight Talk on AT&T and the Access Point app on my Lumia 920 won't detect the correct MVNO settings. It lists settings for AT&T postpaid.

He still probably will need the access point app because T-Mobile blocked off the usual way to manually put in your APN settings via the Cellular settings menu. He needs to use the access point app to create a custom profile.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    1,533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Hodges View Post
    I know you can add stuff manually on any Windows Phone. I meant:
    http://i.imgur.com/g6cPZjS.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/9b5xjKT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/SSmxXhV.jpg

This is a Nokia Lumia specific app, not an app for any Windows Phone. The app changes multiple settings (not just APN.) When you click add, there is carrier, apn, AND mms settings areas. I wasn't talking about the basic auto-config most phones do. This is added auto config for other settings on-top of the basic auto-config. All they would have to do supposedly is open "access point" on the 521, with their straight talk sim inserted, and tap the proper carrier name.

Also, SIM Unlock is listed within the Nokia extras+info page, so I assume the 521 is unlocked. (Though Straight Talk sims should work with any ATT or T-Mobile phone, unlock or not, I thought.)
    As I stated in my post, the phone will detect the carrier but not the MVNO variant. Straight Talk has not released any provisioning xml file to enable a phone to detect its own unique settings. This Nokia app is not the first to offer different operator settings but if the carrier doesn't release the provxml, you're out of luck unless you are technically capable of manually editing and installing it.
  8.    #8  
    Still doesn't seem to work even by using the apn app. Thanks for everyone's help though. If someone gets it working please let me know. Its for my brother. I have it working on my 920 with ST but I didn't use the apn app. I was able to edit the cellular settings.

I'm having the same issue. I put in the settings from the straight talk website but If I have something listed in the proxy port it won't let me continue without something listed in the proxy address. And there are more setting options on the phone so its confusing.

The phone has:

Internet APN:

Access Point Name
    Username
    Password
    Proxy Address
    Proxy Port
    Network Type
    Authentication Type

MMS APN:

MMS Access Point Name
    Username
    Password
    Proxy Address
    Proxy Port
    MMSC Address
    Network Type
    Authentication Type

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irock97 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. I put in the settings from the straight talk website but If I have something listed in the proxy port it won't let me continue without something listed in the proxy address. And there are more setting options on the phone so its confusing.
    Did you try the alternative one, that uses 216.155.165.40 as the proxy address?
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx

I was unaware of that one. Where do I find the details?

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Second post in this thread. Top chart, right-most column.
  13.    #13  
    According to my brother this actually worked. Apparently he was romaing (not in the Home Coverage) when he was attempting to send/recieve MMS so it did not go through. Once he got to Home coverage it worked just fine.
    On a side note he seems very pleased with this phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    Here are both T-mobile and AT&T Apn for StraightTalk BYOD program

T-mobile apn settings are this if one does not work try the other instead

Name straight talk straight talk
    APN wap.tracfone wap.tracfone
    Proxy leave blank 216.155.165.40
    Port 8080 8080
    MMSC http://mms.tracfone.com http://mms.tracfone.com
    MMS Proxy leave blank 216.155.165.40
    MMS Port leave blank 8080

AT&T APN

Name straight talk
    APN att.mvno
    Port 80
    MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port 80

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by createdforsuccess View Post
    According to my brother this actually worked. Apparently he was romaing (not in the Home Coverage) when he was attempting to send/recieve MMS so it did not go through. Once he got to Home coverage it worked just fine.
    On a side note he seems very pleased with this phone.
    Which one did he use? The settings in the right column?