10-04-2013, 12:22 PM #1
- 8 Posts
So a family member got a Lumia 520 recently, specifically this one: Amazon.com: Nokia Lumia 520 8GB Black - International Version, Factory Unlocked WP8: Cell Phones & Accessories. They want to use it with Virgin Mobile which runs on the Bell Canada Network, but they called me up telling me the Virgin Guy at his local store told him the IMEI was incompatible. Does anyone know if this particular model is not compatible with Canadian networks? Or if the virgin guy just has no idea what he's talking about?
- 10-04-2013, 08:53 PM #2
Chances are that he just doesn't know what he's talking about. The IMEI does not have anything to do with compatibility (unlocking issues aside), the bands the device supports and the APN settings do.I'm also over at the Moriya Shrine! Go there if you're also a fan of Touhou. After all, it is a small community, like WP, right?
- By agnimidhun in forum Nokia Lumia 822Replies: 3Last Post: 10-24-2013, 11:12 PM
- By s_lek in forum IntroductionsReplies: 19Last Post: 10-19-2013, 02:55 PM
- By manaman in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-04-2013, 08:00 AM
- By chocolateyum in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2013, 05:49 PM
- By lalahas3 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM