10-03-2013, 09:40 AM #1
- 5 Posts
guys i think lumia phones lack in security concerns.
there should have been some kind of app that asks for passwords.
i mean every app should have independent security.
when i handle my phones to other buddies i have to unlock it and then give it to them.
theres where security is over.
there should be some app that provides protection for other apps in phone.
if someone knows about it please let me know guys.
if theres not one please start your attempts to develop one.
10-03-2013, 02:48 PM #2
- 1,135 Posts
First of all, Lumia phones (aka the WP8 OS) is one of the best in security when compared to its counterparts. Secondly why would you hand over your phone to someone (in this case your friends) whom you do not trust? If you want only some public apps (Music player, Camera, etc) to be accessible without unlocking the phone, you could always activate Kids Corner and place the app shortcuts in there. There are certain 3rd party apps which provide additional security with pin-code for your Images/Videos, you should check them out.
10-03-2013, 02:51 PM #3
- 1,660 Posts
It's a bit funny that you complain that WP lacks security when you are the weakest link of the whole security yourself :P
What would your friends benefit from handling your phone if every app asked for a password? They couldn't do anything at all with it without you inserting the pass for everything they start, at which case you could just overwatch them at the same time. Like Pankaj mentioned, you should just use Kid's Corner.
- By WoWNyx in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM
- By bilzkh in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 10-06-2013, 11:34 PM
- By thaman04 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 10-05-2013, 03:34 PM
- By Jonathan ladd in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 09:54 PM
- By TallAssRob in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:19 AM