| | 10-02-2013, 09:52 AM #1
The wait is over!!
Nokia recently pushed the Amber update to L520 but it failed to satisfy most of the users because many of the users didn't get proper update. There was no official response from Nokia or MS regarding this issue but many people reported that the update is delivered to every user based on the product code but this doesn't seem to be true. If it is so there should be some info from Nokia or MS. Even they are not able to find the problem with update. Actually the GDR2+Amber is released in India for all the users on the same day but only some are successful and some are waiting for a second update for Amber. Thank god ! Unlike HTC 8X, even after getting a partial amber update, the phone works well !
I think there will be no second update for Amber, so here is the decent and official way to get Amber on your phone in less than 1hr.
Your Lumia can also be updated via PC using NSU( Nokia Software Updater). Download this application and the ROM for your Lumia from the below links and start update. Below are the detailed instructions.
Updating by this process erases all the data in the phone memory so better take backup of important data of your phone memory
1. Download latest version of Nokia Software Updater(NSU) from any source.
2. After downloading, install the application.
3. Now download the official Indian ROM for Nokia Lumia 520 from my google drive upload here.
4. After downloading the file, extract the contents of the file to the path:
* If you are on windows xp :
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Packages
* If you are on windows 7:
5. After extracting, disconnect your Internet for a while and open NSU.
6. Now navigate to server configuration and click work offline.
7. Now go to settings->downloads, then you should find your extracted rom in the list.
If you don't find it or if you get an error "Package was not found on disk" then go to the extracted path and move the extracted rom folder to products folder.
8. Now restart the application and connect your phone to the computer. Then it will show the firmware no the screen.
9. Click the Update button and proceed further.
10. Wait till the update is complete and don't disconnect or restart the computer in any case during the update.
11. After completing the initial settings in the phone, check the Extras+Info, you can find Amber logo in it. But you need some more little updates.For this download sysapp pusher or Lumia system updater app from store and perform the update for all the modules like Extras+Info,audio, access points etc..
After all the updates check your Extras+Info again, you can find some more modules added and you can also find sms and call blocking feature after updating all these modules.
I've attached the screen shots of the update process below
For windows XP: Attachment 44855
For windows 7: Attachment 44856
Attachment 44857 Attachment 44858
Attachment 44859 Attachment 44860
Attachment 44861 Attachment 44862
Attachment 44863 Attachment 44864
You can expect all the features of Amber except Glance and Tap to wake up. The Glance is not available for all Lumia 520's but Double tap to wake up is only available for AT&T L520 and all other lumia's. As I said before you need to do all updates with sysapp pusher to get all features like call+sms block etc..
If you don't wanna take the job of doing all these things, you can take your phone to your nearby Nokia care and they'll Amber your phone the same way..