- 09-26-2013, 02:51 AM #1
Recently Nokia pushed GDR2 and Amber software and firmware updates for Nokia Lumia 520. But many of the users are not satisfied with the update because most of the users who updated their 520's didn't get complete updates.The official nokia website shows that amber update is available in India but only few people are getting this update. Only few users got the amber update(firmware). Most of the users were only limited to OS version update only. Though many users are facing problems with this update, there is no official report from Microsoft or from Nokia.
Two days back I found that an update is ready and hoped that is GDR2 and Amber. I've downloaded via wifi and installed it. I took nearly 20 minutes and after restarting I found no new features were added and after sometime I realized that Amber updates was not installed. So once again I've checked the updates and it returned no updates. This is the problem now for most of the users. I waited for these two days and once again checked for updates but it is still not showing any updates.
Though there is no official report from MS or Nokia regarding this issue, here are some of my experiences with this issue:
1. Many people said that to prevent the servers getting clogged they are pushing these updates gradually. But this doesn't seem true. If it is true then "On which basis are they pushing updates ?"
Many of my friends are also using Nokia lumia 520, some of them received Amber and some did not. I've observed that all the phones that were bought latest are likely to get updates first and the older ones next. I bought my phone on the release date of Nokia Lumia 520.
2. Some of my friends faced the similar issue but after 3 days some of them got Amber'd and some didn't get till now.
3. So I think there is no need to worry about the updates. They are soon gonna released for every phone. If you are patient in this regard, you can wait for some more days.
4. Some of the users reported that by using NSU for retail they have successfully updated to Amber. But when I connect my phone to my computer and check for updates I didn't get any Amber firmware(starts with 3046) instead another small update was notified (starting with 1309). I didn't perform the update because I don't want to loose all the data for such minor update. But some of my friends updated their 520 to that firmware and said that still there aren't any changes. But soon after getting updated to this firmware some of them were able to get the Amber update notification. I think this can be a solution for those who can't wait any more for Amber on their 520.
Hope this helps all 520 users who are facing problems with the update and now its your choice whether to wait for few more days or use NSU.
09-26-2013, 02:58 AM #2
- 27 Posts
As I said in the generel Amber Update Thread the Amber /GDR2 Update is part OS / part Apps Update.
You are most likely allready on GDR2 (try syncing Google CardDav and you will see) but the apps arent updated yet.
I too had to fiddle around with sysapp pusher app, checkes for updates and checked the store for update. I dont know what triggered it but after some effort I got 3 updates in windows store (Extras and Infos, Display + Touchscreen etc) that containes all the Features Amber is known for.
Bottom Line: dont look for Updates in Settings. Look for App Updates in the store.
- 09-26-2013, 03:29 AM #4
If at all the GDR2 is completely installed, then where is FM Radio, Data sense, Flip to silence? So tell me how can we get these from store?
- 09-26-2013, 03:48 AM #5
- 09-29-2013, 02:49 PM #12
The Amber logo isn't there in the Extras+Info !! Once check "About Phone". If the firmware version starts with 3046, then your phone is now upgraded to Lumia Amber. As said by Abhi, try using sysapp pusher or Lumia Updater to download all the app modules like colour profile.. Did you get FM radio?
- 09-30-2013, 01:06 PM #17
It is better to wait for some more days to get the firmware update. Else you can also use the offline Amber rom (Indian variant) as suggested by Sahil and update your Nokia L520. The same thing is done at Nokia care. You can also do it by yourself by downloading the rom and NSU
10-02-2013, 04:26 AM #18
- 14 Posts
Spoke to the Customer care in Bangalore, India and found that there is only one update and if you did not get Amber, you need to visit the nearest Nokia Care centre after taking a backup of your phone
Pathetic way to push updates.
In SysApp Pusher could not find app for xbox music which will have radio. Although most of the apps under SysApppusher shows as already updated, I did not get any feature after updating the remaining apps
- 10-03-2013, 07:56 AM #22
- 10-16-2013, 05:17 AM #23
It's over guys!!! i'd install umber update but not getting fm radio, calll sms filterin. and also update system apps via lumia sytem updater and lumia pusher, but still not getting any update regarding gdr2+umber it shows your phone up to date...what should i do????
- By Adnan Javed in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 4Last Post: 12-02-2013, 10:36 AM
- By aashishzr in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 27Last Post: 11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
- By sanjeev40084 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 16Last Post: 10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
- By clindhartsen in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
- By Brian Galeas in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-25-2013, 11:01 PM