09-10-2013, 02:47 AM #1
- 28 Posts
I was searching for a file manager for my Lumia & I just came across this, its awesome:-
Pocket File Manager | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Whats Special I found about it is, I can send Video & PDF files via Bluetooth from our SD Card, even we can rename & Delete as well, that's what WP was missing, I downloaded trial version and there is not more difference between trial & paid version here is a quick description:-
The ultimate File Manager for your Windows Phone 8 now with Share by HTTP feature!
Ask your questions here https://www.facebook.com/PocketFileManager
- Full featured FTP Server. Supports active and passive connections. Supports authentication.
- Downloader with resume and scheduler. Automatically detects Youtube url and allows to download video file.
- File browser.
- Copy/Cut/Paste operations for files and folders
- SkyDrive,Dropbox, Yandex.Disk, Box, Google Drive support
- Media library support
- SD Card
- Send files by Bluetooth
- Send file by Email
- Share by HTTP with NFC support
- Supports extracting from rar,zip,tar,gz,7z formats
- Compressing files and folders into .zip file
- Save music into media library and set music as ringtone
- Open and view movie files (supported formats are depend on Windows phone supported formats)
- Open file in phone. If supported applications are exist
- Receive archive files from mail, browser and any application which can open it in phone.
- Run under lock screen
Limitation Please read it!
Windows phone has some limitations which prevent third party applications from accessing parts of files system. You cannot access video files, music files, Document folder. So, until Microsoft open it, please do not ask us to implement this feature. It is impossible right now.
SD Card has even more restrictions. You can not access images, video and document files. You cannot access any files not registered with Pocket File Manager.
Please be informed! Trial version is only for preview. FTP Server in trial mode won’t allow you to work with files or folders. Advanced file operations, send by Bluetooth also not available. Consider buying full version.
10-18-2013, 02:30 AM #4
- 1 Posts
Myself sumanth & using lumia 520
I have downloaded POCKET FILE MANAGER Ver 220.127.116.11 Amaze Pictures Inc (paid version)
This file manager not showing any videos other than avi formats, music file, documents, etc.
While opening the application, the msg is showing in screen as below,
"Due to limitation of WP OS, 3rd party application cannot access some foleder on your phone, like videos, documents & so on, including such files & folders on SD Card.
This is not our limitation, but OS itself. When Microsoft opens API, we will do our best to provide you full access to local & SD card storage.
But until, do not ask us to do it, this is just impossible"
I don't know what is the use in dowloading this file manager, that too paid version.
You know how much important file manager in mobiles/pc. We will save many usefull video/audio files, documents file like MS office, pdf, etc.
Release a file manager which can access all conents in sd card & Phone storage or give solution
I am looking forward your feedback.
+91 99454 03156
11-03-2013, 08:41 AM #5
- 13 Posts
I agree with Sumanth "FIle Explorer" is the most basic thing reqd in any smart phone.
I recently purchased a Lumia 822 and liked the interface and stability of the system, but after few dayz of using it I feel few of the most basic and important things are missing in Windows 8 Phone.
1)File Manger [Supported in Android & IOs]
2)Seperation of Phone Contact and Email Accounts Contacts (I had to create a new hotmail accnt. specifically for this purpose) [Supported in Android & IOs]
3)USB Tethering & Reverse tethering inbuilt without 3rd party apps (reverse tethering would be a killer feature) [Supported in Android & IOs]
- By wshwe in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 32Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:00 PM
- By frostyfurious in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 09-12-2013, 09:41 AM
- By ian addinsell in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2013, 12:49 AM
- By asousa in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2013, 11:38 PM