Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

I'm thinking about buying a windows phone. And can't decide between the 520 and the 620. How did you make up your mind?
    xandros9 likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    if you want front facing camera, led flash and better screen get 620
    if you want FM radio , bigger screen , cheaper get 520
    Thanked by:

Ok thankyou very much. Is the difference in screen size that big? Does 0.2 inches make a difference?

The advantage of 520 is the battery. I had the same question but I stopped at 520 because the battery was important for me. The 620 has better contrast, the screen is better, has led flash and fron camera. If those are what are you looking for then 620 is for you.

the batery is really bad in the 620?

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dongdonkdong View Post
    Ok thankyou very much. Is the difference in screen size that big? Does 0.2 inches make a difference?
    the difference is in the fact 620 has Clear Black Display and 520 doesen't! So while 620 will have better contrast (specially black) and colors, 520 black will be a bit greyish and colors might be a bit washed out, also sunlight legilibility won't be good!

i find 620 battery to be decent enough, it lasts me 20-24 hours on light usage and about 16-17h on heavy usage!

please do remember the battery needs a few charging cycles before it reaches full capacity!
    I believe that the 520 has sensitive touch screen (can control the screen with fingernail, gloves etc) and the 620 doesn't.

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    520 get it now. i am selling it on ebay for 160$ unlocked + siping

Quote Originally Posted by mitunchidamparam View Post
    if you want front facing camera, led flash and better screen get 620
    if you want FM radio , bigger screen , cheaper get 520
    There's no FM in L520 currently.
    Banned

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumio View Post
    There's no FM in L520 currently.
    but it has support for it. and 620 dosent

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    ...please do remember the battery needs a few charging cycles before it reaches full capacity!
    This is simply not true. It is a myth. Li-ion batteries do not get 'better' with a few charges. People usually play with their new toys more in the first couple of weeks. When they stop switching the screen on every five minutes just to look at it, the battery lasts longer because it's not being used as much, thus giving the impression that the battery is actually getting better with age. It's not.
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

520 also has no compass, this means the GPS won't tell you what direction your facing which is annoying when your driving somewhere new. It means the screen doesn't rotate as you turn either so I was turning the actual phone to keep it so the phones left and right was my left and right. I have a 520 and the screen seems great to me.
    aaa6112 and LMZR like this.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    not so bad i use the 620 and wit mild use that means less calls occasional wifi use and even a little music the battery can last more than 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Denton View Post
    520 also has no compass, this means the GPS won't tell you what direction your facing which is annoying when your driving somewhere new. It means the screen doesn't rotate as you turn either so I was turning the actual phone to keep it so the phones left and right was my left and right. I have a 520 and the screen seems great to me.
    exactly. Also, you won't be able to use the LiveSight feature in Here Maps due to the lack of compass.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have both and I find the 620 screen much easier on the eyes even though its slightly smaller. I like the 4" screen on the 520 but i find its a magnet for fingerprint (I suspect the 520 doesn't have an oleophobic layer while the 620 does). I find call quality also better on the 620, but battery life better on the 520. Locally the 620 is $250-289 and the Lumia 520 is $150-200, depending on carrier. Price is a huge reason why I've recommended the 520 as a backup or temporary replacement phone to friends.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nessinhaw View Post
    the difference is in the fact 620 has Clear Black Display and 520 doesen't! So while 620 will have better contrast (specially black) and colors, 520 black will be a bit greyish and colors might be a bit washed out, also sunlight legilibility won't be good!

i find 620 battery to be decent enough, it lasts me 20-24 hours on light usage and about 16-17h on heavy usage!

please do remember the battery needs a few charging cycles before it reaches full capacity!
    What?!?!?! 16-17 hours! Really? I am curious which apps you have running in the background as those are the usual culprits of battery drain. Mine will stand a day of light usage and about 4 hours of continuous use (give or take).

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    520 is newer. but it doesnt have the front facing camera for skype.

620 for camera/flash and compass. That said I had a 520 and would recommend it as a first windows phone. Have you looked at htc 8x, in uk it can be bought new in ebay for the same price as the 620 and is a much better phone.
    i would recommend 620 for the display, better ppi, camera
    go for 520 if u are on a budget

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    I decided to go Windows phone and went 520 so not too spend a bundle and find out that I did not like it. All I can still it's pretty cool.

If you can wait for a little longer, you can get Lumia 625 - the best of both L520 & L620.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumio View Post
    If you can wait for a little longer, you can get Lumia 625 - the best of both L520 & L620.
    but the lumia 625 has a quite bad screen resolution for its size
    I would sat go for Lumia 620...

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    imo the 620 is a lot more comfortable to hold. but there are certain things that should be noted.

the 620 comes with global navigation where as the 520 only comes with navigation for the country of its purchase.

the 620 comes with NFC where as the 520 does not.

camera quality is pretty much the same.

520 lacks Dolby settings and even the display+touch
    settings where as the 620 has both.

also it should be noted that the 620 will get features in the amber update that the 520 will not such as double tap on screen to unlock.

I too am trying to make the same decision.

you should read this article:
    Nokia Lumia 520 vs Lumia 620, which one should you buy?

(im not trying to spam mods, fonearena should not be a competing site but if it is against the rules then I will gladly remove the link)
    Last edited by Stalemate 1; 10-08-2013 at 02:32 AM.

And what about flipping the phone over to ignore?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast