09-11-2013, 07:19 PM #1
- 64 Posts
I am having a hard time deciding between the Lumia 1020 and Lumia 1520, as I want to buy a Nokia flagship by the end of the year.
I love the 41 MP camera in the 1020 but also love the concept of a 6" screen in the 1520. I certainly have use for both features and not just that I want to have the best of both worlds.
For those who didn't buy the Lumia 1020 yet and in a similar boat to mine, which one would you buy, assuming you need both the 41MP camera and the 6" screen?
Probably these questions will help me (and you) decide:
* Quality of images/videos taken with the (assumed) 20MP camera of the Lumia 1520, how much different would they be from those taken through the Lumia 1020?
* Will the Lumia 1520 support oversampling technology on its 20MP camera? If not, would I really need it?
* Will the same camera controls of the Lumia 1020 be available in the 1520?
* Will there be 2MB RAM and SD card slot in the Lumia 1520 indeed?
I am inclined to go with the Lumia 1520 if I won't be missing that much on the camera department.
Let me know your thoughts.
- 09-11-2013, 07:30 PM #2
Leaks have stated the 1520 will have a 20 megapixel sensor that oversamples to 5mp.
I am having the same problem you do. It is getting harder to decide with the $199 price drop on the 1020 and all the high quality photos I have been seeing with the 1020. I care aboput the camera more then the 1080p picture.
09-15-2013, 03:34 AM #5
- 260 Posts
<p>I'm in the same boat here, I'm missing a key bit of info that will help me choose. Has anyone seen data for the actual sensor size for the 1520? I want better camera performance which the 1020 will give me, but if the 1520 has a larger sensor than the 920 then it could give me over double the performance with the advantages of the larger screen. It all depends on whether the increased MP count comes from a larger sensor or smaller pixel pitch on the same size sensor as we have now.</p><p><br>my upgrade is due now, but I'm under no pressure as I'm more than happy with my 920 so can afford to wait. It doesn't mean that I won't be scanning websites to keep an eye out for an official spec list :-)</p>
09-15-2013, 03:49 AM #6
- 12 Posts
Another critical factor for the IQ of the 1520 sensor is whether it will have real optical IS like the 9xx series and the 1020.
A 20mp sensor with OIS will make this definitely a winner. Second only to the lumia 1020.
In that case, and having also an sd slot and newer hardware, I would go for this one.
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM #7
- 1 Posts
I have the same dilemma going in my mind about this question, If the rumors are true about 1520 regarding Quad-Core 800 Snap dragon plus SD slot. and 2 GB of ram ... ( Hope the push it to 3 GB) then I expect to use this set for at least 2 to 3 years the most. This set would provide power plus best camera results what else what your want!!!!!! waiting eagerly ......
- By coip in forum XBOX ONEReplies: 71Last Post: 11-29-2013, 09:56 PM
- By fimtom in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2013, 07:25 PM
- By barkins in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:49 PM
- By RoySantiago in forum Nokia Lumia 520Replies: 4Last Post: 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM
- By WPer in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2013, 06:44 PM