Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Live2Deliver

Can anyone recommend a screen protector for the 1020? All the ones I have bought have been way too small for the screen.

I'm suspicious that it's not possible to fit a screen protector because the screen bevels into the body of the phone at the edges

Anyone?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Don't waste your money. This generation of Gorilla glass is incredibly tough. I've gone over a year with a naked screen and no scratches at all.

Good to know, although I do quite like my screens anti-glare, but at the same time I'm concerned it will dull the colour

A tiny bit of sand in your pocket or on your cleaning cloth can scratch your screen easily, get a screen protector.

I have been trying to find a screen protector that fits all the screen, but all the ones i have seen have had at least 3-4mm gap around the edges supposedly because the screen is curved and they will not stick down because of it.

I bought one and it seems ok, i will be looking for one of the new impact resistant ones as with the "Poetic(TM) Atmosphere Case" has no bezel to protect the screen from drop impacts.

John.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on mine and don't really see any gap.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    wet fit ones will fit the whole screen as they can bend and stick to the curved glass

non-wet apply ones should have a gap , they will cover the screen but not the whole glass , if they don't have the gap they will not stick around the edges and will fill with dust and grime and peel off :-)

15 is a bit of money for a screen protector for a couple of more i could get one of the new Impact resistant ones, also Zagg screen protectors can be a little tacky/draggy when swiping your finger how is yours.

Edge to Edge is nice though.

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnny4 View Post
    I have a Zagg InvisibleShield on mine and don't really see any gap.

Just bought the zagg invisible shield one, it's dry, but today they had a 2-for-1 sale so I got 2 for 15, I figured I might as well give them a go at that price... if it doesn't fit or operate nicely then I'll look into the 'wet' ones, cheers!

I got this email yesterday

90% Off 2 or More

Get protection for all your new Christmas gear at a great price

Right now at XtremeGuard.com we are offering everything at 90% off when you purchase 2 or more. All you have to do is add two or more items to your cart and enter the code "90off2" at checkout. This will only be available for a limited time so take advantage of this insane sale now!

Global Posts
    764 Global Posts
    Thanks for the XtremeGuard discount code! For the price it worth a try. I ordered 2 full body kits for $2.20 shipped.

Which is better Zagg InvisibleShield or ivisor?

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    is it really needed? my 920 and 1020 are fine even without a screen protector.

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterJunkie View Post
    Thanks for the XtremeGuard discount code! For the price it worth a try. I ordered 2 full body kits for $2.20 shipped.
    After looking at the extremeguard, I would not try it even if it was free, too risky since they want you to use water to apply it. Not worth the risk of one drop getting through and ruining your device or voiding your warranty.
    Just my .2c.

Why spend bucks applying screen protector, destroying beauty of our phone and then have it scratched ugly, when it would had barely make anything on gorilla glass 3?
    The need for plastic protectors are plain gimmicks today. Lots of smartphone users around me hadn't use them anymore for YEARS and nothing happened, despite the sand myth.

its not like anyone would intentionally rub their screen hard with sand papers
    [CMD]Nokia Lumia 1020 [Version 8.10.12397.895 Lumia Black]
    Microsoft Surface RT [Version Windows 8.1 RT Update]

C:\>Your phone is up to date\Last checked 2 seconds ago>checkforupdates_[/CMD]
    Watch how to add words to the Word Flow keyboard! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgShUErXpnU
    Emix1988 likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I was carrying a ceramic coffee mug just a while back today and the bottom barely touched my screen putting small scratches in the supposedly impenetrable gorilla glass. Go without a rubber and you know what can happen...

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Check out skinomi. Love their screen protectors. Use them on all my devices.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John20212 View Post
    After looking at the extremeguard, I would not try it even if it was free, too risky since they want you to use water to apply it. Not worth the risk of one drop getting through and ruining your device or voiding your warranty.
    Just my .2c.
    LOL a lot of screen protectors are wet install. It's not hard to do if you follow the directions. And make sure your device is off during the install.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

I got the invisible shield zagg one, mainly because it was 2for1 over christmas. So, the installation is a bit weird, but not hugely difficult, it looks like crap to begin with but works itself out. It seems to 'fit' ok, unlike others, but i don't really like the feel of it and the protector itself is very prone to scratches and marks (ironically). I'm not a huge fan but I'm keeping it on because I already had a small scratch on the screen of the 1020 before I put it on

If you are rich, do not use screen protector but if you are poor like me then use a screen protector and back cover protection.

I solved a similar problem using Milante Universal Mirror Screen Protector, bought it from http://www.creekle.com/accessories/s...rotectors.html. It's universal to fit most devices and can be cut to fit the screen of your device.
    Last edited by alligator87; 01-28-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Always tempered glass screen protector remember one thing, select screen saver and your device screen protected, but not weaken your iphone view and appearance. Needs to be compatible with your tools, able to hold it very well. In a specific period of time the screen protector need to change, but it is better and cheaper screen saver, rather than replaced, replace the screen itself.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    The following reference:
    Tempered Glass Screen Protector Suppliers
    Tempered Glass Screen Protector Manufacturers
    http://www.xprotections.com

Bit of an old thread, but here's my 2 cents for anyone else that comes along...
    My wife just got a new 1020, and right away, with a couple of days, was complaining of light, fine scratches on her screen. On the top and bottom quarters of the screen mainly...like you might expect to get from sliding a phone into, and out of a pocket. We were both confused, since I had made a big deal out of the phone having Gorilla Glass 3 and of course the "legendary" Nokia durability. And my wife had been treating the phone very gently...
    So, after a bit of reading, here one WPC and elsewhere, it looks like the Gorilla Glass is actually UNDER a layer which is supposed to be anti-glare, or fingerprint/smudge resistant, or super- touch-sensitive, or some combination of those things. And to my fingers, and compared to my ATIV S, and Nexus 5, it feels like plastic, not glass.
    So given our experience, I would rate the screen on the 1020 as quite scratchable. A Screen protector is highly-recommended

And having said that, and seeing how many people were having trouble with screen protectors that were too small I suggested that maybe she should get a ZAGG Invisible Shield. They're usually $20 each, but Futureshop had them on for 1/2 price. My wife had one on her iPhone 4s and it went the distance for her, but I never liked it...it kind of gave the screen a matte, dimpled look, and felt a bit sitcky. But they seem to have advanced things a bit and the new one seems smoother looking and more glass-like. She likes it, it looks good, it's the right size, it sucked right into the fine scratches and they are no longer visible at all.