- 10-04-2013, 02:00 PM #1
So I attempted to do a full wipe/hard reset on my Nokia 1020.. I thought it was working until it restarted and now goes to a WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER screen. Am I completely screwed now? I don't understand how I can't even force-reset the phone. This is really upsetting and I don't know what to do.
- 10-04-2013, 03:14 PM #5
Is the phone fully charged?
You could always try deleting the drivers on your pc and get windows to re recognise your handset
Try a couple and let us know, always worth trying things so anyone else looking knows we have already eliminated some things
- 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM #6
Yeah, I tried countless soft resets until I finally tried a hard reset. After the hard reset failed, I've been stuck with the Windows Boot Manager screen.
I reinstalled the drivers too and it didn't do anything. The phone is inaccessible from the computer and just boots to WBM when I restart it.
- 10-04-2013, 05:30 PM #7
Some things i can find for you to try also is holding power cam and vol down buttons to force a hard reset or power and vol down buttons for a soft reset or use the Nokia care suite to reflash it although im unsure of what ncs is as i have an 8x try it buddy and let me know.
- 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM #8
I have also found this please try also and let me know if it works
1. Disconnect your phone from the charger.
2. Press and hold the volume down key and connect the charger. An exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.
3. Press the following keys in order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.
- 10-04-2013, 05:43 PM #10
I haven't heard of anyone else with a 1020 encountering this issue. Very disappointed right now.
I'm stuck in college for a few more weeks and unable to get to a Microsoft or AT&T to try and get a replacement. If I can't fix the phone myself, I am screwed big time.
- 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM #11
- 10-04-2013, 05:49 PM #12
The reason I did it this way is because I had no way of accessing the OS itself. The phone was stuck on a blue screen and would not boot up no matter how many times I soft reset it. So my only option was to hard reset it, which evidently failed too.
The blue screen was my first issue which ended up with a WBM screen. No matter what I've tried, I've been unable to get the OS loaded.
10-04-2013, 06:03 PM #13
- 221 Posts
- By getalex in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 8Last Post: 10-03-2013, 10:08 AM
- By Winger67 in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 5Last Post: 10-02-2013, 03:49 PM
- By jwckauman in forum XBOX MusicReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:35 AM
- By dandashx in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
- By Manikanta Reddy in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 4Last Post: 09-30-2013, 06:46 AM