10-04-2013, 08:59 AM #1
- 12 Posts
I'm having Sim Card error in my new Nokia Lumia 1020, I'm using the nano sim from the iPhone 5. When I first tried to put the sim in it was stuck, I'm not sure if it's easy to damage the sim tray in the Lumia 1020. I get the sim card error some times, but it would fix itself in a few seconds. I wondering if this is just a software issue or if it's a hardware problem. I got my phone from Best Buy so I don't want to return it if it's not necessary, I still have a week left to do that.
10-04-2013, 03:47 PM #2
- 981 Posts
Is your Lumia unlocked or are you just using your ATT SIM from the iPhone ? Anyway stop by BestBuy and borrow a nano SIM from one of the employees in Mobile Solutions ( I'm sure someone has an iPhone 5) and see if you still get error messages. If you do or you don't then you'll know what to do next /
Last edited by PB_H; 10-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.
10-04-2013, 04:52 PM #3
- 103 Posts
Ouch...check out this 920 thread:
Jammed SIM card tray
Nokia and Nano-Sim adapters is like the devil and holy water....NO WARRANTY.
If the sim tray is jammed (broken contacts) it might cost you lotsa bucks in case your are having it repaired.....new mainboard needed...
- By dangerous_dave in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
- By unstoppablekem in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 10-08-2013, 01:44 PM
- By yodies in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM
- By elsebas in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 10-03-2013, 01:37 PM
- By agactual in forum General Tablet DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:05 PM