I bought myself a 920 on a monthly contract just after Christmas this year and love it to bits. I have ditched my old camera in favour of using my mobile phone for the main camera I use.

However with the 1020's much better camera I would really like to change. Does anyone have experience of situations such as this where you want to upgrade your phone so soon afte buying the original? The 1020 is not released in the UK as far as I know yet and I havent asked in the shops whether its possible or not so just floating the question before I make a fool out of myself in public :)

I'm in a similar position, having got the 920 on launch day [dons a geek hat], and like you, use the camera loads.
    the 1020 is due for arrival in stores on the 25th? Sept I think... but I haven't seen any PAYG deals yet, and the 64GB version is only on O2 at the moment.
    Someone posted on here about a good way to purchase @ 99 then buy yourself out of the contract, meaning you'd end up with the phone for 550 ish (can't remember the exact figures).
    Sounds like a lot of hassle to me, but I might well be tempted to go this route - failing that, I'm sure they'll hit ebay fairly early on!
    Banned

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    Everything is negotiable. Just ask, see where it gets you. Face to face or over the phone, don't bother with emails and instant messaging. People rely on that too much and it gets them nowhere.