Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree2Likes
  1. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #1  
    Can't wait to get my hands on it! Purchase it direct from Negri Electronics in white. I'd like to purchase a case for it but whatever that's available in the market is not very appealing, does anyone know if this case is real or will eventually get sold? First glimpse at Nokia
    Thanked by:
    phatboy66 likes this.
  2. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #2  
    Would you mind posting details of how it arrived and what not once it does? I'm considering ordering from Negri due to my impatience with Rogers on any real details of the 1020s arrival.
  3. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fc000 View Post
    Would you mind posting details of how it arrived and what not once it does? I'm considering ordering from Negri due to my impatience with Rogers on any real details of the 1020s arrival.
    Will do, I'm also with Rogers and just don't have the patience to wait.
  4. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    Will do, I'm also with Rogers and just don't have the patience to wait.
    Even better! My concern more than anything is how the phone performs on a foreign network than AT&T, and how much branding is on the phone.
  5. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fc000 View Post
    Even better! My concern more than anything is how the phone performs on a foreign network than AT&T, and how much branding is on the phone.
    Here you go, I also confirm that I'm on LTE.

    wp_20130815_001%5B1%5D.jpg
    wp_20130815_003%5B1%5D.jpg
    wp_20130815_004%5B1%5D.jpg
    wp_20130815_006%5B1%5D.jpg
    phatboy66 likes this.
  6. LMZR's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,611 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,704 Global Posts
    #6  
    Anybody else see the Blackberry charger?

    Congrats on getting your 1020! :D
    Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black! :)

    My YouTube channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
  7. fsufan1200#CB's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #7  
    Congrat's :)
    Nokia Lumia 1520
  8. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #8  
    Thx

    Yes I have a z10 and q10, those have been in the drawer along with my HTC one, ip5, nexus 4, and many others. Loving the WP platform.
  9. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    Here you go, I also confirm that I'm on LTE.
    Awesome, looks great! How long did it take to ship from when you ordered it? I'm so screwed now... I have to order this.
  10. Nazir Ibrahim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    Thx

    Yes I have a z10 and q10, those have been in the drawer along with my HTC one, ip5, nexus 4, and many others. Loving the WP platform.
    Lucky bugger...so zealous
  11. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fc000 View Post
    Awesome, looks great! How long did it take to ship from when you ordered it? I'm so screwed now... I have to order this.
    it took a week to arrive, negri looks like have all the colours in stock.
  12. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #12  
    One thing to note, on boot up the ATT logo appears. Also some "bloatware" that can be uninstalled.
  13. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    One thing to note, on boot up the ATT logo appears. Also some "bloatware" that can be uninstalled.
    One quick final question, where did it ship from?
  14. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #14  
    Nevada
  15. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #15  
    An update on this... Internet sharing or tethering doesn't work. Someday someone may come up with a solution.
  16. Nik Kunkel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    #16  
    There's another thread where someone managed to figure out that if you used an app (Field Tester? or Access Point? I forgot) and forced it to use 3G instead of 4G (LTE) you could get internet tethering to work on unlocked modules. I'm at work now, but it's somewhere on the first page.
  17. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Kunkel View Post
    There's another thread where someone managed to figure out that if you used an app (Field Tester? or Access Point? I forgot) and forced it to use 3G instead of 4G (LTE) you could get internet tethering to work on unlocked modules. I'm at work now, but it's somewhere on the first page.
    thx, yeah saw that thread but couldn't get it going. I get the error to "call att or dial 611"....

    I'm with Rogers and I know my acct has tethering as I switched to my ip5, then to HTC one and finally to my z10.
  18. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    thx, yeah saw that thread but couldn't get it going. I get the error to "call att or dial 611"....

    I'm with Rogers and I know my acct has tethering as I switched to my ip5, then to HTC one and finally to my z10.

    Did you have to jump through any hoops to get LTE working, or was data functional right at the start?
  19. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fc000 View Post
    Did you have to jump through any hoops to get LTE working, or was data functional right at the start?
    worked out of the box, but I also entered the Rogers lte apn just to be sure.
  20. fc000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    169 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by tgzgeorge View Post
    worked out of the box, but I also entered the Rogers lte apn just to be sure.
    Mine just arrived. I also purchased a white 1020. I've got a black 920, time for something different. Thanks for all your help!

    Oh and something quite cool I noticed while setting it up, and still have the 920 on, the 920 was also receiving text messages through the back-up sync in real-time. Also, hopefully there's a workaround for internet sharing soon.

    Edit: Actually, follow the steps in this thread to enable internet sharing. I already had the Rogers APN in, just installing the app and launching it from settings fixed sharing. It also works for the 1020:
    Fix For Lumia 920 Internet Sharing
    Last edited by fc000; 08-21-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Enable internet sharing.
  21. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #21  
    Thanks! that worked and all is well. Congrats on the purchase. I also ordered the camera grip from amazon but hell it cost me $150 with shipping/handling.
  22. gvsbdisco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #22  
    thinking of pulling the trigger on the 1020 as well. I'm also in canada. Anything not mentioned in the thread that i should be aware of before making the purchase?
    thanks
  23. muderko's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    114 Posts
    #23  
    Would it work on Mobilicity/Windmobile? :D

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  24. tgzgeorge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by gvsbdisco View Post
    thinking of pulling the trigger on the 1020 as well. I'm also in canada. Anything not mentioned in the thread that i should be aware of before making the purchase?
    thanks
    none, the only thing that gave me trouble was internet sharing but that's now fix including mms.
  25. gvsbdisco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #25  
    thanks....one other quick question ... who does negri use to ship to canada? can't seem to get an answer from them. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nokia Lumia 1020 in China
    By Ethan Kiang in forum Nokia Lumia 1020
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 12:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2013, 01:40 PM
  3. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 11:03 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 04:50 AM
  5. How to delete song(s) in Playlist?
    By icerzerocool in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 01:58 AM

Posting Permissions