- 08-11-2013, 10:21 AM #1
I was going around taking pictures of friends and family at my cousin's wedding yesterday, and just about everyone asked if it (1020) was that 41mp phone? Even the waiter, whom I've had take a group picture of us, told me that "this puts the iPhone 5 to shame" as he was handing it back to me. I said your words, not mine. And smiled. I had fun showing off the zoom and the cinemagraph Nokia app. I'm so happy that I decided to upgrade from my 920. :) Now heading over to Santa Monica Pier and be all touristy, before we head back to Vegas today.
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM #3
- 21 Posts
- 08-11-2013, 10:20 PM #6
Just walked into an AT&T store and held one for my first time. Once again, Nokia has made an incredibly good feeling (and looking of course) phone. Jealous of all you AT&Ters... Verizon just doesn't love me enough.Try out my first Windows 8 app, ModernCalc! It's free and I would love to hear your feedback!
Phones: Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30, Ipod Nano 2nd gen (x4), Ipod touch 16gb 2nd gen
Tablet: Surface for Windows RT
- 08-12-2013, 12:25 AM #8
Singapore is iphone city. Suitable as fashion accessory for fashionista ladies when at Orchard Road. Unlike big gross ugly Nokia which simply does not match the dress ..toot..toot.. :-). Who cares if it takes lousy pics.
- 08-12-2013, 01:12 AM #10Proud owner of a Nokia Lumia 1520 in Black I have developed one app!
My personal YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MickLMZR
Look at my band's channel! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPghwXNoo65KaARZtxDJm1g
And Soundcloud Account! https://soundcloud.com/marigoldrock
I also own a Nokia Lumia 520, HTC Mozart 7, iPod Touch 5th gen 32GB, iPod Touch 4th gen 8GB, HP Veer (AT&T) White, Microsoft Surface 2 64GB, Blackberry Playbook 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB and HP Pre3 8GB.
08-12-2013, 02:38 AM #13
- 42 Posts
well truth be told spotting a lumia out in the wild in Singapore is already a major feat.
but @lastbattle get any attention from your friends or general public when you whip out your phone? my friends who are die-hard iphone users love the look of my 820. :D
- 08-12-2013, 02:50 AM #14
Such as trains, it feels like its packed with zombies. They are only focusing on what they are doing, and tend to avoid having eye contact with anyone despite being so close. Some just pretend to be asleep.Indie dev
- 08-12-2013, 06:37 AM #16
IMHO, the single color machined polycarbonate casing has been Nokia's unique contribution to the smartphone world(started with N9) which has been copied by other manufacturer's because they look so appealing. Technically it does looks like Apple has has lost the ability to innovate the smartphone, most of the low hanging fruits has already been plucked. You might even argue that the last "true" hardware engineering(not software) smartphone innovation for the last two years has been Nokia's 41MP pureview camera imaging.
- 08-12-2013, 11:24 AM #19
- 08-12-2013, 11:28 AM #20I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all. Is something wrong with me? (I really should edit my signature sometime. I have only 1 of these 3 phones anymore, and even that one is mostly unused because it's been superseded by its big brother!)
08-12-2013, 01:11 PM #24
- 885 Posts
In terms of bar/night/club scenes the 1020 is way ahead of the competition.. the xenon flash + oversampling/big sensor combo is much, much better than any other phone, especially the iPhone 5 which sucks at night..
So, ya.. the 1020's camera is in fact a proper camera, not just another "cell phone camera" ..
- 08-12-2013, 01:17 PM #25Indie dev
- By SeeVuPlay in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 22Last Post: 11-18-2013, 02:11 PM
- By camptime in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 20Last Post: 09-06-2013, 03:40 AM
- By wb3052 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 5Last Post: 08-14-2013, 11:49 PM
- By gdourado07 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 87Last Post: 08-13-2013, 05:47 PM
- By Rico Lau in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 1Last Post: 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM