Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JaimitoFrog

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    I am debating on these two...love to get both, but I keep hearing more cons on both. I like the idea of wireless charging, but It seems neither case offers a bump or any protection for the camera, is there a bump in the front of either of these so I can lay it down? I guess I am leaning towards the camera grip due to the battery, would come in handy! I just think i would look like "rod" taking pics with it or taking on the phone with it....any advice, info, recommendations would be appreciated!
    Camera grip is more task specific. I use it when I know I'll be taking a ton of photos with the phone where the better shutter button and handling will matter. Otherwise, I usually leave the charging shell on in the wild. The charging shell does offer protection to the camera dome when sitting on its back, but only adds a little thickness. Seems to offer some corner protection, but I don't plan on dropping my phone to find out. I will leave the shell at home if I want the phone to be thinner in pocket or to show off the white.

Very different things, the grip has its time and place, but the charging shell offers decent protection and is more of a universal accessory.

with the camera grip, you can mount your phone on the bike too.. pretty awesome,

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!! I think for now I will get the camera grip....i like the wireless charging but don't have any plates yet...it seems the camera grip does a great job taking pics!! Just gotta be careful when I take it off and put my speck case back on when needed! I'm still dying for that leather case though :(

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I have the camera grip but it has two major flaws IMHO.

1. Why not an On/Off switch? I do not want to juice up the battery every time I slide the case on. A battery can only take that many charges. I want it on the phone but I want to be able to control whether it is charging it or not, like the Moffe case.

2. Why oh why did they put the USB port at the bottom?? That thing makes a perfect night stand, desk stand etc BUT you cannot charge it while in it due to the location of the port. Why not place it on the side of the grip??

Quote Originally Posted by Chip O View Post
    I have the camera grip but it has two major flaws IMHO.

1. Why not an On/Off switch? I do not want to juice up the battery every time I slide the case on. A battery can only take that many charges. I want it on the phone but I want to be able to control whether it is charging it or not, like the Moffe case.

2. Why oh why did they put the USB port at the bottom?? That thing makes a perfect night stand, desk stand etc BUT you cannot charge it while in it due to the location of the port. Why not place it on the side of the grip??
    to stop chariging, press the indicator key for 3 seconds, until u see 2 blinks. the charging will stop. repeat to resume charging.

usb plug is on the side for obvious reasons, there is a tripod mount on the bottom, and the camera was not made to be a night stand.
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaimitoFrog View Post
    to stop chariging, press the indicator key for 3 seconds, until u see 2 blinks. the charging will stop. repeat to resume charging.

usb plug is on the side for obvious reasons, there is a tripod mount on the bottom, and the camera was not made to be a night stand.

Good tip on charging, I guess it pays to read the book after all. (I obviously did not)

As far as not being made to be a stand, whether night, day, desk etc, that's a shame because it stands up perfectly. The charging cable... I still think it's in the wrong spot. I would have liked it to come off the side facing down when on a tripod.